Skip to content

Dem Debate

Political Discussion
92 18 2.2k
  • 12144853_10152993618001511_1474416805291

  • Some are funnier than others.

    Were the Rep debate buzzwords Clinton and Obama?

  • I can't bring myself to watch it.... but I honestly wonder -

    CNN, and even Fox, were making a big deal about asking

    Republicans to comment on other Republicans commenting about them

    etc etc etc, getting the reps to be arguing with each other... and putting them

    on the spot in groups of two...

    I wonder if none of that occurs in the CNN Dem debate. More like "what is your favorite cookie?"

    and "please list all of your wonderful ideas about how to go forward if you are pres" and

    "The republicans "x"... what the hell is wrong with them" ......

  • Some are funnier than others.

    Were the Rep debate buzzwords Clinton and Obama?

    @mld-woody said:

    Some are funnier than others.

    Were the Rep debate buzzwords Clinton and Obama?

    No, Trump... And Donald

  • Donald Trump live tweeting the debate is getting more attention than the debate itself.

    Chafee admitted he didn't know what he was voting for when he voted to expand the banks a decade+ ago because he was "new to the senate" and "his dad recently died"

    Webb flat out doesn't belong on the stage

    O'Malley boasts his common sense gun laws in Baltimore, and how much safer he made it - what Maryland is he talking about?

    Hillary said she's consistent, LoL. Has been allowed to duck questions by Cooper like her scandals and flip flops

    I respect Sanders because he's the only one on the stage who actually is honest about what he believes in, although I disagree with him politically for the most part.

  • AxeA Axe

    @mld-woody said:

    Some are funnier than others.

    Were the Rep debate buzzwords Clinton and Obama?

    No, Trump... And Donald

    @axe said:

    No, Trump... And Donald

    I think Clinton would have popped up a lot

  • how the hell did Rhode Island ever elect this guy...

  • How did NY ever elect that cnt?

  • If anyone watched that debate, was this question (suggested by Rush) asked of Hillary?

    So here's a question for Hillary that would be legit and could well be asked. Well, it won't be, but, I mean, it suffices.

    "The Clinton Foundation, Mrs. Clinton, has taken million dollars of dollars from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia strictly enforces a legal system in which discrimination against women is the official law of the land. Women are treated as property in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your campaign. Women are not permitted to leave the home without their husband's permission in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. Women are not permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. A woman's testimony in a Sharia court of law is worth half a man's. In other words, a woman is presumed to be lying half the time.

    "Women are imprisoned, beaten, and killed for violations of Islamic law in Saudi Arabia. Women who engage in sex outside marriage are subject to the death penalty. Women who are raped can be severely injured legally by their husbands. The premise being that it's the Saudi woman's fault for being raped because she obviously violated Islamic law. Women who renounce Islam are subject to the death penalty. Mrs. Clinton, what is this War on Women you say that the Republicans are conducting, when all of this happens in Saudi Arabia, which is donating handsomely to you and your husband's foundation?"

  • CRPwL9WWEAA1oGa.jpg

  • If anyone watched that debate, was this question (suggested by Rush) asked of Hillary?

    So here's a question for Hillary that would be legit and could well be asked. Well, it won't be, but, I mean, it suffices.

    "The Clinton Foundation, Mrs. Clinton, has taken million dollars of dollars from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia strictly enforces a legal system in which discrimination against women is the official law of the land. Women are treated as property in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your campaign. Women are not permitted to leave the home without their husband's permission in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. Women are not permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. A woman's testimony in a Sharia court of law is worth half a man's. In other words, a woman is presumed to be lying half the time.

    "Women are imprisoned, beaten, and killed for violations of Islamic law in Saudi Arabia. Women who engage in sex outside marriage are subject to the death penalty. Women who are raped can be severely injured legally by their husbands. The premise being that it's the Saudi woman's fault for being raped because she obviously violated Islamic law. Women who renounce Islam are subject to the death penalty. Mrs. Clinton, what is this War on Women you say that the Republicans are conducting, when all of this happens in Saudi Arabia, which is donating handsomely to you and your husband's foundation?"

    @stinkhole said:

    If anyone watched that debate, was this question (suggested by Rush) asked of Hillary?

    So here's a question for Hillary that would be legit and could well be asked. Well, it won't be, but, I mean, it suffices.

    "The Clinton Foundation, Mrs. Clinton, has taken million dollars of dollars from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia strictly enforces a legal system in which discrimination against women is the official law of the land. Women are treated as property in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your campaign. Women are not permitted to leave the home without their husband's permission in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. Women are not permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. A woman's testimony in a Sharia court of law is worth half a man's. In other words, a woman is presumed to be lying half the time.

    "Women are imprisoned, beaten, and killed for violations of Islamic law in Saudi Arabia. Women who engage in sex outside marriage are subject to the death penalty. Women who are raped can be severely injured legally by their husbands. The premise being that it's the Saudi woman's fault for being raped because she obviously violated Islamic law. Women who renounce Islam are subject to the death penalty. Mrs. Clinton, what is this War on Women you say that the Republicans are conducting, when all of this happens in Saudi Arabia, which is donating handsomely to you and your husband's foundation?"

    Good question. Hilary annoys me - her attitude seems to be that it's her turn to be president, so she can just turn up on the day and get it done. A weak rep field doesn't help that I guess, but I'm not sure what her policies on anything are, and the few that I've heard I don't necessarily like.

  • Money is the only thing the Clinton's care about. Also wondering why she stood up against for profit education, except for the institution that was giving Bill a million dollar salary for not even being there.

    These questions will never make a dem debate, of course.

  • I would love to see Fox run the dem debates. You can be damn sure that there would be some awkward questions. Same for, I don't know, HuffPost, running the rep debate.

  • I would love to see Fox run the dem debates. You can be damn sure that there would be some awkward questions. Same for, I don't know, HuffPost, running the rep debate.

    @gftchris said:

    I would love to see Fox run the dem debates. You can be damn sure that there would be some awkward questions. Same for, I don't know, HuffPost, running the rep debate.

    It wouldn't have to be the huff, CNN of the three other networks are happy to carry the Democrats water.

    And I don't particularly mind uncomfortable questions, I just think they should be distributed a little more equally. I miss Tim Russert for that.

    WSS

  • It's a huge joke, CNN said Hillary won the debate.

    While everybody who actually watched it says Sanders won (he did). Polls and focus groups had him doing the best some even 8-2. The criminal news network loves Clinton though.

  • @stinkhole said:

    If anyone watched that debate, was this question (suggested by Rush) asked of Hillary?

    So here's a question for Hillary that would be legit and could well be asked. Well, it won't be, but, I mean, it suffices.

    "The Clinton Foundation, Mrs. Clinton, has taken million dollars of dollars from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia strictly enforces a legal system in which discrimination against women is the official law of the land. Women are treated as property in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your campaign. Women are not permitted to leave the home without their husband's permission in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. Women are not permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia, which has donated to your foundation. A woman's testimony in a Sharia court of law is worth half a man's. In other words, a woman is presumed to be lying half the time.

    "Women are imprisoned, beaten, and killed for violations of Islamic law in Saudi Arabia. Women who engage in sex outside marriage are subject to the death penalty. Women who are raped can be severely injured legally by their husbands. The premise being that it's the Saudi woman's fault for being raped because she obviously violated Islamic law. Women who renounce Islam are subject to the death penalty. Mrs. Clinton, what is this War on Women you say that the Republicans are conducting, when all of this happens in Saudi Arabia, which is donating handsomely to you and your husband's foundation?"

    Good question. Hilary annoys me - her attitude seems to be that it's her turn to be president, so she can just turn up on the day and get it done. A weak rep field doesn't help that I guess, but I'm not sure what her policies on anything are, and the few that I've heard I don't necessarily like.

    I'm watching it now.

    @gftchris said:

    Good question. Hilary annoys me - her attitude seems to be that it's her turn to be president, so she can just turn up on the day and get it done. A weak rep field doesn't help that I guess, but I'm not sure what her policies on anything are, and the few that I've heard I don't necessarily like.

    This is still holding true.

  • I heard Hillary's robotic voice and I couldn't handle it for long.

  • 12109036_10102642658058865_3364174229728

  • @gftchris said:

    12109036_10102642658058865_3364174229728

    Hahahahs
  • I wasn't able to finish it. fucking shit was dragging on. Probably got 3/4th the way through. I have a hard time seeing Hillary "dominating" that debate. I honestly don't think anybody terribly "won" the debate. Omalley makes a good impression to me. I'll have to look into him more, if he's more of a centrist guy than he's someone I can consider on the dem side but he probably won't win the Dem primary just like the centrists on the other side won't win the rep primary. So it'll be another election year of a choice of two extreme turds. God love murica.