Skip to content

Solomon to IR; DB Don Jones Acquired off Waiver Wire

The Browns Board
11 9 558
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Browns acquire DB Don Jones via waivers; LB Scott Solomon placed on IR...

    The Cleveland Browns on Wednesday claimed DB Don Jones via waivers from New Orleans. In addition, the club placed LB Scott Solomon (knee) on injured reserve.

    Jones is 5-11, 195-pounds and in his third NFL season out of Arkansas State. Originally a seventh-round pick by Miami in 2013, Jones has appeared in 34 career games as a reserve and has logged 23 career special teams tackles. He appeared in five games with the Saints this season and has one special teams tackle. A native of Town Creek, Ala., Jones graduated from Hazelwood High School.

    Solomon appeared in two games and totaled one tackle this year. He sustained an ankle injury in the first quarter of the season opener and returned to action last week before the knee injury.

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-acquire-DB-Don-Jones-via-waivers-LB-Scott-Solomon-placed-on-IR/21a93d30-7720-4011-8736-fa60fe1354ad

    Ends the easy roster route to the LB, Joe Mays, we worked out....

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Don Jones? really. Adds Depth to Safety cause that's where we tackle? Active or PS roster? Who the hell is Cam Johnson on PS listed as LB (ILB or OLB any good?). We are loaded at DB & CB Farmer please quit with this & find us a legit OLB. Rant over!!

  • Don Jones? really. Adds Depth to Safety cause that's where we tackle? Active or PS roster? Who the hell is Cam Johnson on PS listed as LB (ILB or OLB any good?). We are loaded at DB & CB Farmer please quit with this & find us a legit OLB. Rant over!!

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @gumby73 said:

    Don Jones? really. Adds Depth to Safety cause that's where we tackle? Active or PS roster? Who the hell is Cam Johnson on PS listed as LB (ILB or OLB any good?). We are loaded at DB & CB Farmer please quit with this & find us a legit OLB. Rant over!!

    Maybe because haden is out, not sure I understand it though

  • @gumby73 said:

    Don Jones? really. Adds Depth to Safety cause that's where we tackle? Active or PS roster? Who the hell is Cam Johnson on PS listed as LB (ILB or OLB any good?). We are loaded at DB & CB Farmer please quit with this & find us a legit OLB. Rant over!!

    Maybe because haden is out, not sure I understand it though

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @bbedward said:

    Maybe because haden is out, not sure I understand it though

    It is simply about bringing in prospects we like. I don't think we use the PS to provide all that much depth to the main roster. That is why we see the PS churn during the season. Bring in a guy we think might be a player, watch him practice for 3-4 weeks and make a decision.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Solid season for Blodbath.

    We've got big investments in Kruger, Mingo and Orchard ... so I guess they need to bring it.

    Z

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Don't forget we also have Armonty who is basically now a full time OLB. We're not short on numbers, just talent.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Don Jones? really. Adds Depth to Safety cause that's where we tackle? Active or PS roster? Who the hell is Cam Johnson on PS listed as LB (ILB or OLB any good?). We are loaded at DB & CB Farmer please quit with this & find us a legit OLB. Rant over!!

    Maybe because haden is out, not sure I understand it though

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @bbedward said:

    Maybe because haden is out, not sure I understand it though

    Haden and Gipson both out this week. Perhaps that is why they went for a DB.

    I mean, when you are filling out the 53rd man on the roster spot.....positioning is fungible.

  • Don't forget we also have Armonty who is basically now a full time OLB. We're not short on numbers, just talent.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @gftchris said:

    Don't forget we also have Armonty who is basically now a full time OLB. We're not short on numbers, just talent.

    any slight hope I have for the rest of the season for our defense is pinned on him now. If he takes over the majority of snaps now on his side, maybe at least on his side the edges can firm up and we get push against the QB.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Could be they're planning on converting Shelton to OLB... I'm pretty sure he could set the edge.

  • Solid season for Blodbath.

    We've got big investments in Kruger, Mingo and Orchard ... so I guess they need to bring it.

    Z

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Zombo said:

    Solid season for Blodbath.

    We've got big investments in Kruger, Mingo and Orchard ... so I guess they need to bring it.

    Z

    No tackles Ravens game, one quarter against the Jets. Collect $660,000- not a bad job if you can get it.

  • Could be they're planning on converting Shelton to OLB... I'm pretty sure he could set the edge.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    Could be they're planning on converting Shelton to OLB... I'm pretty sure he could set the edge.

    YOu think? I had him moving to safety which I think is his most natural position. Gotta get him out in space imo.