Skip to content

So...

Political Discussion
18 9 494
  • I'm starting a new job next week, and I'll be posting waaaaay less often. I'll be checking in from time to time, but my contributions will be much less than they are now. It's been fun guys, maybe I'll see you in six months if my new job is equally boring/lax about interneting.

    In the mean time, if you're wondering what I think:

    Gays = fine

    Climate change = real

    Immigrants = net positive

    Guns = bad but not the real problem

    I'll see you, but you might not see me much for some time. It's been fun 😁

  • What's the job?

  • What's the job?

    @mld-woody said:

    What's the job?

    Same shit, different place, more money. I'm effectively still a business consultant for a financial services firm, just a different firm. On the plus side, they're based in Toronto, so I may have to travel out there, meaning it's only a four-five hour drive to cleveland, and I might be able to come visit!

  • Yeah forgot them Canadians were big god save the queen lovers. You'll feel right at home Toronto. They even insult the French Quebeccers at every opportunity so it really will be home away from home...except they sound funny.

  • eh?

  • Good luck with the new job. Significant pay increase?

  • Good luck with the new job. Significant pay increase?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Good luck with the new job. Significant pay increase?

    60%

  • Well that's too bad pal. You will most certainly be missed.

    WSS

  • Well that's too bad pal. You will most certainly be missed.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well that's too bad pal. You will most certainly be missed.

    WSS

    Sarcasm? 😉

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Good luck with the new job. Significant pay increase?

    60%

    @gftchris said:

    60%

    Dayum

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Good luck with the new job. Significant pay increase?

    60%

    @gftchris said:

    60%

    Holy shit. Good job getting into that spot.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well that's too bad pal. You will most certainly be missed.

    WSS

    Sarcasm? 😉

    @gftchris said:

    Sarcasm? 😉

    Not in the slightest bit. I have plenty of dear friends who are often on the polar opposite political side from me. And guy who agree with me who I think are fucking assholes. I have always enjoyed our conversations whether or not I agree with you. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any harsh responses from me.

    WSS

  • Well, Chris, I proudly disagree with you about everything so far,

    but have a great time on the ...right...side of the Altantic.

    I thought you were in jolly old foggy England...

    Take up fishing, and let us know one of these days, and we'll

    all come up and meet at a fishing camp and argue poltics

    over walleye and northern pike.

    Except for woody - he'll never make it there past all those trees...

    I'll bring the root beer. (you'll still have time on weekends if you

    don't get outdoors...).

  • Congrats & Godspeed. We'll see ya soon.

  • Ah you'll be posting. Very few jobs are so strict you won't be able to find the time.

  • Ah you'll be posting. Very few jobs are so strict you won't be able to find the time.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Ah you'll be posting. Very few jobs are so strict you won't be able to find the time.

    Well, for the first few months at least I won't be doing so, at least not to the extent where I'll spend all day having conversations on here.

  • Conversation is a strong term

  • I'm starting a new job next week, and I'll be posting waaaaay less often. I'll be checking in from time to time, but my contributions will be much less than they are now. It's been fun guys, maybe I'll see you in six months if my new job is equally boring/lax about interneting.

    In the mean time, if you're wondering what I think:

    Gays = fine

    Climate change = real

    Immigrants = net positive

    Guns = bad but not the real problem

    I'll see you, but you might not see me much for some time. It's been fun 😁

    @gftchris said:

    I'm starting a new job next week, and I'll be posting waaaaay less often. I'll be checking in from time to time, but my contributions will be much less than they are now. It's been fun guys, maybe I'll see you in six months if my new job is equally boring/lax about interneting.

    In the mean time, if you're wondering what I think:

    Gays = fine

    Climate change = real

    Immigrants = net positive

    Guns = bad but not the real problem

    I'll see you, but you might not see me much for some time. It's been fun 😁