Skip to content

MEDIOCRITY

The Browns Board
38 19 1.9k
  • I thought the Browns should go for two point after the first touchdown. I'm no coach that's for sure. But this game was draining on the emotions. 50 years I've been watching and rooting for the Browns. I don't look forward to next year as years past because it's futile. I think Pettine lost this game and that's upsetting! No Haden or Gipson yet they should have won anyway. I think the air just went out of my sails of optimism. Too much losing drains the heck out of even casual fans.

    Next week on the road then host to Arizona. SHEW! The Bengals won in Buffalo and are 6-0. They might be the second best team in the AFC.

    Sure hope the Browns can salvage this season but winning four in a row to get even isn't very probable.

  • Faded said:

    There are many reasons to which the Browns' loss can be attributed, but one of them is that their 36 year old QB played slightly worse than the 39 year old shadow-of-his-former self QB on the other team, to worsen his record to 1-4 in the five games he has started. The other guy is 1-0 in the one game he started, and threw a nails TD pass to win the game in spite of the unimaginative, ultra-conservative, hard-to-watch, tailored-for-defeat 2nd half game plan that Pettine and his OC imposed on the fans.

    The "other guy" also only completed 8 passes in that game.

  • I thought the Browns should go for two point after the first touchdown. I'm no coach that's for sure. But this game was draining on the emotions. 50 years I've been watching and rooting for the Browns. I don't look forward to next year as years past because it's futile. I think Pettine lost this game and that's upsetting! No Haden or Gipson yet they should have won anyway. I think the air just went out of my sails of optimism. Too much losing drains the heck out of even casual fans.

    Next week on the road then host to Arizona. SHEW! The Bengals won in Buffalo and are 6-0. They might be the second best team in the AFC.

    Sure hope the Browns can salvage this season but winning four in a row to get even isn't very probable.

    @opal312 said:

    I thought the Browns should go for two point after the first touchdown. I'm no coach that's for sure. But this game was draining on the emotions. 50 years I've been watching and rooting for the Browns. I don't look forward to next year as years past because it's futile. I think Pettine lost this game and that's upsetting! No Haden or Gipson yet they should have won anyway. I think the air just went out of my sails of optimism. Too much losing drains the heck out of even casual fans.

    Next week on the road then host to Arizona. SHEW! The Bengals won in Buffalo and are 6-0. They might be the second best team in the AFC.

    Sure hope the Browns can salvage this season but winning four in a row to get even isn't very probable.

    haden has not been playing well anyway...does he even have 1 int...i know i have seen him get beat alot and also miss tackles...gipson, the only thing i know is he has 1 int that he fumbled right back to the jets on that same play...demarcus wares injury was bigger than hadens and gipsons combined..if ware would have played, we would have gotten mauled...our ol stunk up the joint again today... be happy he did not play because the game would not have been as entertaining as it was...

  • The Defense--played well enough to win

    The qb--- played well enough to win

    The coaching---cost the Cleveland browns the game today.

    No other words needed

    @cdl15 said:

    The Defense--played well enough to win

    The qb--- played well enough to win

    The coaching---cost the Cleveland browns the game today.

    No other words needed

    You are 100% right. Players played a fine game against an undefeated team with the number one D in football. A team who's QB although diminished is still cerebral and able to win. If we don't leave a field go and extra point off the board we win.
  • You cannot take on the Factory of Sadness. It's power to churn out pathetic, inconceivable loses that rip your heart out and throw it to the ground and stomp it all over the field is limitless.

    The Factory of Sadness is too strong now, there's no stopping it.

    @soju said:

    You cannot take on the Factory of Sadness. It's power to churn out pathetic, inconceivable loses that rip your heart out and throw it to the ground and stomp it all over the field is limitless.

    The Factory of Sadness is too str ong now, there's no stopping it.

    Why the fuck are you still here? You are literally the herpes of the board. Come on mods shitcan this asshole. He is 100 times worse than any of the stoolers fans that Pop in here.
  • @cdl15 said:

    The Defense--played well enough to win

    The qb--- played well enough to win

    The coaching---cost the Cleveland browns the game today.

    No other words needed

    You are 100% right. Players played a fine game against an undefeated team with the number one D in football. A team who's QB although diminished is still cerebral and able to win. If we don't leave a field go and extra point off the board we win.

    @jcam222 said:

    You are 100% right. Players played a fine game against an undefeated team with the number one D in football. A team who's QB although diminished is still cerebral and able to win. If we don't leave a field go and extra point off the board we win.

    @jcam222 said:

    You are 100% right. Players played a fine game against an undefeated team with the number one D in football. A team who's QB although diminished is still cerebral and able to win. If we don't leave a field go and extra point off the board we win.

    if, if, if, if, 16 yrs of if,,,,if,,,,,if...nuff said....

  • Faded said:

    The other guy is also twenty-two with some upside. How many times did they let him throw on first or second down in the second half of that game? It wasn't exactly a HOF performance, agreed, but let's have some context.

    Again, I ask, what's the end game here?

    He's not the end game. He will self destruct long before he gets another chance.

  • @soju said:

    Ill ask you again because you have a hard time following me and mathematics as a whole.

    Is 2-4 mediocrity you flaming cokc loving faggot?

    You go to the gay references awfully fast.

    @tiamat63 said:

    You go to the gay references awfully fast.

    So does Miktoxic...an alias perhaps?

  • Faded said:

    We'll see, but not with the Browns. Not with Pettine.

    Geesh, I would drink, too, if I were him...

    He deserves a chance because what...he's done such a great job being a professional and prepared to do his job? How did he look against Cincinatti with a week to prepare as the starter last year. Then spends offseason in rehab. He's fantastic...I wouldn't trust him if I was the coach either. If the season goes downhill much more, I'm sure he'll get his chance to play and then all the fanboys will get their wish.

  • I don't know if he will or not. I bet they don't give him another shot and try to shop him around. If they do play him again and he falls on his face again we wouldn't even get a warm cup of piss for him let alone a draft pick. There is a reason the coaches don't start him.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    And who misspells cock? I'm by no means a grammar nazi. But Cock? Really?

    Weren't you lobbying to take back control of your avatar a couple weeks ago?

    like I edit my posts. you knew exactly what I meant. to go back and spell check would mean a cuckold liberal. I am not.

    @soju said:

    like I edit my posts. you knew exactly what I meant. to go back and spell check would mean a cuckold liberal. I am not.

    Cuckold liberal? Someone fucks your wife so you vote for Bernie Sanders?

  • @usfbrown said:

    Week in and week out? They won last week dip shit.

    Ill ask you again because you have a hard time following me and mathematics as a whole.

    Is 2-4 mediocrity you flaming cokc loving faggot?

    @soju said:

    Ill ask you again because you have a hard time following me and mathematics as a whole.

    Is 2-4 mediocrity you flaming cokc loving faggot?

    Yes, it is. Considering we're tied for 20th and have lost two games by a last second field goal and our winning percentage is tied with one quarter of the teams in the league (and it's not the lowest quarter.)

    I would say it's very much mediocre, you simple-minded dicksleeve.

    Now shut your fucking cockholster and go look at the standings, faggot.

  • Let's turn another thread into a manziel one, yay!

    On the real subject, no I'm not happy with mediocrity, but it shows some improvement. Problem is I see little improvement from last year. I don't think we are worse, but we aren't much better. We have no players! But we seem to be building. Yes pettine made mistakes, yes he is showing his inexperience, but we have no choice but to give him a chance. Farmer, I dunno, I'd say give him another draft and see what he does. We can't keep firing everyone after two years, that is how you stay MEDIOCRE, or worse. Just look at the last 15 years.

  • Pretty sure there is not a route from where we were to where we want to be that did not pass through "mediocrity".

    @tour2ma said:

    Pretty sure there is not a route from where we were to where we want to be that did not pass through "mediocrity".

    Being last in rushing defense isn't mediocre- it's bad, really, really bad. Especially since the focus in the off season was supposed to be fixing that point of weakness. Denver wasn't running the ball worth a damn- until they played us. Presto! Another 100 yard rusher.

    @jcam222 said:

    Why the fuck are you still here? You are literally the herpes of the board. Come on mods shitcan this asshole. He is 100 times worse than any of the stoolers fans that Pop in here.

    Soju didn't invent the term-"Factory of Sadness"- but it seems to fit. Got the general feeling of the crowd leaving the stadium was "oh well, we lost another one". Seems apathy is taking over. What are we supposed to do, say hooray! We played an undefeated team close, and ALMOST won?

    @mark-o said:

    He deserves a chance because what...he's done such a great job being a professional and prepared to do his job? How did he look against Cincinatti with a week to prepare as the starter last year. Then spends offseason in rehab. He's fantastic...I wouldn't trust him if I was the coach either. If the season goes downhill much more, I'm sure he'll get his chance to play and then all the fanboys will get their wish.

    I'm counting on McCown getting 4 more chances to prove he's no better than he was at Tampa last year. If he plays according to form, we'll see Johnny after the bye- when the season has already been flushed down the toilet. Now mind you- I can't blame Josh for not being able to pass block, run block, or tackle the opposing ball carriers.

  • Well he's already proven he can be better than he was in TB, but he has to sustain.

    It's really as simple as so long as McC gives us the best chance to win and winning, in terms of playoff aspirations, is meaningful then Josh starts.

  • @soju said:

    You cannot take on the Factory of Sadness. It's power to churn out pathetic, inconceivable loses that rip your heart out and throw it to the ground and stomp it all over the field is limitless.

    The Factory of Sadness is too strong now, there's no stopping it.

    In a way this is correct. I think everyone who walks through these doors...players coaches front office guys...take on an air of resignation. "Yeah well of course we lost...we're the browns"

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    In a way this is correct. I think everyone who walks through these doors...players coaches front office guys...take on an air of resignation. "Yeah well of course we lost...we're the browns"

    Isn't the motto "Play like a Brown" ?