Sacks
-
Let me guess who you have in mind, Some Buckeye?
Let me guess who you have in mind, Some Buckeye?
You psychic? How'd you guess? lols
Yeah I want that 6'6 280lb beast. He's already as strong as any of our guys plus he goes around the edge better. Holds up at the point better, maintains his lateral vision around the blocker to diagnose run plays. I can't say enough about this guy. Of course he might bust. Khalil Mack might have busted too but a lot of us, including myself, badly wanted us to draft him. And look he was the best run stopper in football his rookie year. "Run stopper"....these kids coming out of college are NFL ready these days. The power and explosiveness I see from Bosa right now, is NFL ready. Of course whoever drafts him...I hope would make him even stronger and faster. But you put him on our roster right now...he might be the most skilled player on our front 7
-
Friend of mine played 2 years for Tressell then transferred to Pitt, who shares a facility with the Steelers. And yes, Fickell used to go visit Lebeau every summer to break things down.
-
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
-
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
We should definitely take more southerners. They play with more abandon by and large.
Our best defenders are from Louisiana Tech, Auburn, and Florida.
-
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
thank you sir. thank you.
We should definitely take more southerners. They play with more abandon by and large.
and rob and steal with more abandon. their defense lawyers have to point out on the documents where to sign and use their own names and sigs.
F it. if the dude can put the QB on his ass every play i'll take the dude with his butt stuck to the wall.
-
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC .....
Im SEC gun shy right now.......last three we picked high were Manziel, Mingo and Trent Richardson......all MEGA stars in the SEC.....
It is what it is.....
-
drafting a blue chip monster bull rushing DE or MLB might be a good thing to do along with maybe a tall big WR.
-
Though, that DE for Penn St. the other day was a killer pass rusher. Don't recall the name.
I dont remember his name either, but they said he had like 10 sacks already(or something like that)......
But looked extremely lean(thin) ala Barkevious Mingo.........
-
Reggie Ragland may be right there when we pick. He is a true stud with 3-4 experience and more experience against pro-style teams than most.
Reggie Ragland may be right there when we pick. He is a true stud with 3-4 experience and more experience against pro-style teams than most.
Great. And we have a perfect theme song for him:
-
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC they have the best D and play tougher teams and would help stop the run. But 1 thing I know for sure is our D needs big help stopping the run. I remember our D from my childhood and teams were afraid of our d, We need a M. Dean Perry and an Eric Turner, etc Our D was bad ass
Mingo was from the SEC. Gerard Warren was from the SEC.
So much for that theory.
Michael Dean Perry played at Clemson....ACC fyi.
E-Rock: UCLA....Pac 12 fyi.
-
Though, that DE for Penn St. the other day was a killer pass rusher. Don't recall the name.
I dont remember his name either, but they said he had like 10 sacks already(or something like that)......
But looked extremely lean(thin) ala Barkevious Mingo.........
I dont remember his name either, but they said he had like 10 sacks already(or something like that)......
But looked extremely lean(thin) ala Barkevious Mingo.........
Carl Nassib. He's long and rangey which is how he's getting his sacks. Skillwise he's potential NFL material but has a long way to go physically to be effective at the next level. He's nowhere near Bosa physically.
-
Mingo looked great in school and still may find his A game (I doubt it though) But He is only 1 guy he needs a team around him as well as any player.
-
Mingo looked great in school and still may find his A game (I doubt it though) But He is only 1 guy he needs a team around him as well as any player.
Mingo looked great in school and still may find his A game (I doubt it though) But He is only 1 guy he needs a team around him as well as any player.
While I agree with you in part.. He could also be the kind of player that makes everyone around him better too... But apparently.. That just is not the case..
-
If I were to draft somebody I would draft from the SEC .....
Im SEC gun shy right now.......last three we picked high were Manziel, Mingo and Trent Richardson......all MEGA stars in the SEC.....
It is what it is.....
-
Only one on defense.
Like I said, our best 3 defenders are southern.
Really? I don't know about that. Here are the starting defensive players and their schools:
Starks: Maryland
Bryant: Harvard
Shelton: Washingtion
Dansby: Auburn
Mingo: LSU
Kruger: Utah
Kirksey: Iowa
Haden: Florida
Gipson: Wyoming
Whitner: Ohio St.
Williams: La Tech
Are you saying that Dansby, Haden and Williams are our best defenders?
Not so sure. The Big Ten guys may be just as good: Kirksey, Whitner, Starks
And the Western guys aren't bad: Kruger, Gipson, Shelton
then there is the Ivy Leaguer!!!!
(go Ivy League)
And the one "southerner": Mingo...is likely replaceable with a guy from East Central Oklahoma, Armonty Bryant
-
You're right, the entirety of our 29th ranked defense (or whatever it is) is good enough for the discussion. Cmon man.
-
You're right, the entirety of our 29th ranked defense (or whatever it is) is good enough for the discussion. Cmon man.
You're right, the entirety of our 29th ranked defense (or whatever it is) is good enough for the discussion. Cmon man.
Well, it is those "southern boys" that you claim are the leaders of this 29th ranked defense. Not doing much of a job.
Maybe give us some Northern boys like JJ Watt....Wisconson. Darrelle Revis....Pitt. Luke Keuchley..Boston College. Richard Sherman....western boy...Stanford. A boy named Suh from Nebraska.
Why don't we just get good players regardless of where they are from. As noted, some of these SEC guys haven't quite worked so well for us.
-
Let me guess who you have in mind, Some Buckeye?
You psychic? How'd you guess? lols
Yeah I want that 6'6 280lb beast. He's already as strong as any of our guys plus he goes around the edge better. Holds up at the point better, maintains his lateral vision around the blocker to diagnose run plays. I can't say enough about this guy. Of course he might bust. Khalil Mack might have busted too but a lot of us, including myself, badly wanted us to draft him. And look he was the best run stopper in football his rookie year. "Run stopper"....these kids coming out of college are NFL ready these days. The power and explosiveness I see from Bosa right now, is NFL ready. Of course whoever drafts him...I hope would make him even stronger and faster. But you put him on our roster right now...he might be the most skilled player on our front 7
You psychic? How'd you guess? lols
Yeah I want that 6'6 280lb beast. He's already as strong as any of our guys plus he goes around the edge better. Holds up at the point better, maintains his lateral vision around the blocker to diagnose run plays. I can't say enough about this guy. Of course he might bust. Khalil Mack might have busted too but a lot of us, including myself, badly wanted us to draft him. And look he was the best run stopper in football his rookie year. "Run stopper"....these kids coming out of college are NFL ready these days. The power and explosiveness I see from Bosa right now, is NFL ready. Of course whoever drafts him...I hope would make him even stronger and faster. But you put him on our roster right now...he might be the most skilled player on our front 7
First off let me say I love me some Bosa! I remember telling people when he was a freshman he could very well be the next JJ Watt, pretty sure i posted it somewhere here too.
Of course Id be all in if the Browns were to draft him. But lets put Bosa aside for now, theres another Buckeye id love to see on the Browns DL, Adolphus Washington. Wow is he explosive off the ball or what? Hes a dual threat on the DL, can eat a QB or RB up and beats double teams regularly.
From what ive seen so far, he's projected to be a 3-4 DE. If the Browns dont end up taking Bosa, id LOVE for them to target Washington in the 2nd. I also like what ive seen from Sam Hubbard, Bosa's backup. Somebody to watch out for in the next few years.
-
You're right, the entirety of our 29th ranked defense (or whatever it is) is good enough for the discussion. Cmon man.
Well, it is those "southern boys" that you claim are the leaders of this 29th ranked defense. Not doing much of a job.
Maybe give us some Northern boys like JJ Watt....Wisconson. Darrelle Revis....Pitt. Luke Keuchley..Boston College. Richard Sherman....western boy...Stanford. A boy named Suh from Nebraska.
Why don't we just get good players regardless of where they are from. As noted, some of these SEC guys haven't quite worked so well for us.
Well, it is those "southern boys" that you claim are the leaders of this 29th ranked defense. Not doing much of a job.
Maybe give us some Northern boys like JJ Watt....Wisconson. Darrelle Revis....Pitt. Luke Keuchley..Boston College. Richard Sherman....western boy...Stanford. A boy named Suh from Nebraska.
Why don't we just get good players regardless of where they are from. As noted, some of these SEC guys haven't quite worked so well for us.
So you contend all our defenders are equals?
The hit rate is higher. Simple as that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login