Skip to content

Love it or Shove It.

The Browns Board
41 16 1.4k
  • In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream
    At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines
    Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin' out over the line
    Oh-oh, Baby this town rips the bones from your back
    It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
    We gotta get out while we're young
    `Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

    yes, girl we were

    Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend
    I want to guard your dreams and visions
    Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims
    and strap your hands 'cross my engines
    Together we could break this trap
    We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back
    Oh-oh, will you walk with me out on the wire
    `Cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider
    But I gotta know how it feels
    I want to know if love is wild
    Babe I want to know if love is real

    Oh, can you show me

    Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard
    Girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
    And the boys try to look so hard
    The amusement park rises bold and stark
    Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist
    I wanna die with you Wendy on the street tonight
    In an everlasting kiss

    1-2-3-4!

    The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
    Everybody's out on the run tonight
    but there's no place left to hide
    Together Wendy we can live with the sadness
    I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
    Oh-oh, someday girl I don't know when
    we're gonna get to that place
    Where we really wanna go
    and we'll walk in the sun
    But till then tramps like us
    baby we were born to run

    Oh honey, tramps like us
    baby we were born to run

    Come on with me, tramps like us
    baby we were born to run

    Ru-uh-uh-un
    Mm-mm-mm-mm
    Uh-uh-uh-oh-oh-oh-oh
    Ru-uh-uh-uh-un
    Mm-mm-mm-mm
    Whoa-oh-oh-oh
    Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
    Ru-uh-uh-un
    OK those who shove it.....come up with a song with better lyric!

    @the-gipper said:

    In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream

    At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines

    Sprung from cages out on highway 9,

    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin' out over the line

    Oh-oh, Baby this town rips the bones from your back

    It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap

    We gotta get out while we're young

    `Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

    yes, girl we were

    Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend

    I want to guard your dreams and visions

    Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims

    and strap your hands 'cross my engines

    Together we could break this trap

    We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back

    Oh-oh, will you walk with me out on the wire

    `Cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider

    But I gotta know how it feels

    I want to know if love is wild

    Babe I want to know if love is real

    Oh, can you show me

    Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

    Girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors

    And the boys try to look so hard

    The amusement park rises bold and stark

    Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist

    I wanna die with you Wendy on the street tonight

    In an everlasting kiss

    1-2-3-4!

    The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive

    Everybody's out on the run tonight

    but there's no place left to hide

    Together Wendy we can live with the sadness

    I'll love you with all the madness in my soul

    Oh-oh, someday girl I don't know when

    we're gonna get to that place

    Where we really wanna go

    and we'll walk in the sun

    But till then tramps like us

    baby we were born to run

    Oh honey, tramps like us

    baby we were born to run

    Come on with me, tramps like us

    baby we were born to run

    Ru-uh-uh-un

    Mm-mm-mm-mm

    Uh-uh-uh-oh-oh-oh-oh

    Ru-uh-uh-uh-un

    Mm-mm-mm-mm

    Whoa-oh-oh-oh

    Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

    Ru-uh-uh-un

    OK those who shove it.....come up with a song with better lyric!

    Garbage. Springsteen sucks.

    There are a million tunes with better lyrics.

    "...you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"...name that tune.

  • @the-gipper said:

    In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream

    At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines

    Sprung from cages out on highway 9,

    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin' out over the line

    Oh-oh, Baby this town rips the bones from your back

    It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap

    We gotta get out while we're young

    `Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

    yes, girl we were

    Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend

    I want to guard your dreams and visions

    Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims

    and strap your hands 'cross my engines

    Together we could break this trap

    We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back

    Oh-oh, will you walk with me out on the wire

    `Cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider

    But I gotta know how it feels

    I want to know if love is wild

    Babe I want to know if love is real

    Oh, can you show me

    Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

    Girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors

    And the boys try to look so hard

    The amusement park rises bold and stark

    Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist

    I wanna die with you Wendy on the street tonight

    In an everlasting kiss

    1-2-3-4!

    The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive

    Everybody's out on the run tonight

    but there's no place left to hide

    Together Wendy we can live with the sadness

    I'll love you with all the madness in my soul

    Oh-oh, someday girl I don't know when

    we're gonna get to that place

    Where we really wanna go

    and we'll walk in the sun

    But till then tramps like us

    baby we were born to run

    Oh honey, tramps like us

    baby we were born to run

    Come on with me, tramps like us

    baby we were born to run

    Ru-uh-uh-un

    Mm-mm-mm-mm

    Uh-uh-uh-oh-oh-oh-oh

    Ru-uh-uh-uh-un

    Mm-mm-mm-mm

    Whoa-oh-oh-oh

    Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

    Ru-uh-uh-un

    OK those who shove it.....come up with a song with better lyric!

    Garbage. Springsteen sucks.

    There are a million tunes with better lyrics.

    "...you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"...name that tune.

    @stinkhole said:

    Garbage. Springsteen sucks.

    There are a million tunes with better lyrics.

    "...you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"...name that tune.

    Springsteen is garbage and you quote The Eagles?

    Zombo

    big-lebowski-t-shirt-i-hate-the-eagles.j

  • Here are some statements. Tell whether you love it or would shove it....and briefly explain why:

    1. The Browns will finish with a .500 or better record.

    2. The Cubs will win the World Series

    3. There will be an undefeated team at the end of the season. (pre-playoffs)

    4. Peyton Manning will retire at the end of the season.

    5. After one more loss, the Browns will put JP Manziel in as starting QB.

    6. DC Jim O'Neil will be fired before the season ends.

    7. The St. Louis Rams will move back to LA before long.

    8. The Steelers do not need Ben R. to win.

    9. The Ravens suck

    10. JT Barrett will be the Ohio St. QB for the rest of the year.

    11. The Michigan play is perhaps the biggest fuckup in the history of American Sports.

    12. Born to Run by Springsteen has the best lyrics of any song in the rock n roll era.

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are some statements. Tell whether you love it or would shove it....and briefly explain why:

    1. The Browns will finish with a .500 or better record.

    no

    2. The Cubs will win the World Series

    1-3? nope

    3. There will be an undefeated team at the end of the season. (pre-playoffs)

    nope

    4. Peyton Manning will retire at the end of the season.

    yup

    5. After one more loss, the Browns will put JP Manziel in as starting QB.

    nope, but lose out to the bye, and yup

    6. DC Jim O'Neil will be fired before the season ends.

    maybe

    7. The St. Louis Rams will move back to LA before long.

    near certainty

    8. The Steelers do not need Ben R. to win.

    win now, yes, win playoffs- no

    9. The Ravens suck

    until proven otherwise, yes

    10. JT Barrett will be the Ohio St. QB for the rest of the year.

    barring injury, yes

    11. The Michigan play is perhaps the biggest fuckup in the history of American Sports.

    in the top 5, Vikings (Jim Marshall) wrong way touchdown, and Garo Ypremian's gaffe are up there. Dwayne Rudd's helmet toss rates too.

    12. Born to Run by Springsteen has the best lyrics of any song in the rock n roll era.

    no way Jose. I like Bruce, but his lyrics are largely unintelligible. At least 10 songs by Dylan I'd put ahead, + a couple by Fleetwood Mac.

  • Here are some statements. Tell whether you love it or would shove it....and briefly explain why:

    1. The Browns will finish with a .500 or better record.

    2. The Cubs will win the World Series

    3. There will be an undefeated team at the end of the season. (pre-playoffs)

    4. Peyton Manning will retire at the end of the season.

    5. After one more loss, the Browns will put JP Manziel in as starting QB.

    6. DC Jim O'Neil will be fired before the season ends.

    7. The St. Louis Rams will move back to LA before long.

    8. The Steelers do not need Ben R. to win.

    9. The Ravens suck

    10. JT Barrett will be the Ohio St. QB for the rest of the year.

    11. The Michigan play is perhaps the biggest fuckup in the history of American Sports.

    12. Born to Run by Springsteen has the best lyrics of any song in the rock n roll era.

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are some statements. Tell whether you love it or would shove it....and briefly explain why:

    1. The Browns will finish with a .500 or better record.

    SHOVE IT.

    2. The Cubs will win the World Series

    SHOVE IT

    3. There will be an undefeated team at the end of the season. (pre-playoffs)

    SHOVE IT

    4. Peyton Manning will retire at the end of the season.

    LOVE IT

    5. After one more loss, the Browns will put JP Manziel in as starting QB.

    SHOVE IT. Mclowns the man until hurt.

    6. DC Jim O'Neil will be fired before the season ends.

    SHOVE IT. He stays.

    7. The St. Louis Rams will move back to LA before long.

    LOVE IT.

    8. The Steelers do not need Ben R. to win.

    LOVE IT. They are that good.

    9. The Ravens suck

    LOVE IT

    10. JT Barrett will be the Ohio St. QB for the rest of the year.

    11. The Michigan play is perhaps the biggest fuckup in the history of American Sports.

    LOVE IT

    12. Born to Run by Springsteen has the best lyrics of any song in the rock n roll era.

    SHOVE IT

  • @stinkhole said:

    Garbage. Springsteen sucks.

    There are a million tunes with better lyrics.

    "...you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"...name that tune.

    Springsteen is garbage and you quote The Eagles?

    Zombo

    big-lebowski-t-shirt-i-hate-the-eagles.j

    Zombo said:

    Springsteen is garbage and you quote The Eagles?

    Yes. What words didn't you understand?...pun intended

  • Zombo said:

    Springsteen is garbage and you quote The Eagles?

    Yes. What words didn't you understand?...pun intended

    @stinkhole said:

    Yes. What words didn't you understand?...pun intended

    I guess I don't understand why an openly gay Steeler fan would spend time on this board.

    Zombo

  • Here is one list. Obviously a very subjective subject. One Beatle song has only like 15-16 words.

    http://www.sputnikmusic.com/list.php?listid=61442

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is one list. Obviously a very subjective subject. One Beatle song has only like 15-16 words.

    http://www.sputnikmusic.com/list.php?listid=61442

    Gripper, Who didn't like "Want to see my smiling on the cover of the rolling stone." They got the Beatles Wrong. "Image" and b4 you turn 64 listen to "When Am 64"!!

  • Here are some statements. Tell whether you love it or would shove it....and briefly explain why:

    1. The Browns will finish with a .500 or better record.

    2. The Cubs will win the World Series

    3. There will be an undefeated team at the end of the season. (pre-playoffs)

    4. Peyton Manning will retire at the end of the season.

    5. After one more loss, the Browns will put JP Manziel in as starting QB.

    6. DC Jim O'Neil will be fired before the season ends.

    7. The St. Louis Rams will move back to LA before long.

    8. The Steelers do not need Ben R. to win.

    9. The Ravens suck

    10. JT Barrett will be the Ohio St. QB for the rest of the year.

    11. The Michigan play is perhaps the biggest fuckup in the history of American Sports.

    12. Born to Run by Springsteen has the best lyrics of any song in the rock n roll era.

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are some statements. Tell whether you love it or would shove it....and briefly explain why:

    1. The Browns will finish with a .500 or better record.

    2. The Cubs will win the World Series

    3. There will be an undefeated team at the end of the season. (pre-playoffs)

    4. Peyton Manning will retire at the end of the season.

    5. After one more loss, the Browns will put JP Manziel in as starting QB.

    6. DC Jim O'Neil will be fired before the season ends.

    7. The St. Louis Rams will move back to LA before long.

    8. The Steelers do not need Ben R. to win.

    9. The Ravens suck

    10. JT Barrett will be the Ohio St. QB for the rest of the year.

    11. The Michigan play is perhaps the biggest fuckup in the history of American Sports.

    12. Born to Run by Springsteen has the best lyrics of any song in the rock n roll era.

    michigan play, what the fuck happened there..my goodness..

    browns will not finish 500, they just flat out smell on the ol and dl..no running game, pass rush, etc etc..don't see any of that changing this yr.

    oneil, if this shit continues to happen, bounce his ass out.

    never was a big springsteen fan. more the led zep fan.

    cubs are now down 3 games. would not bet on them.

    steelers are better with ben

    no undefeated teams

    peyton's last stand

    loss of suggs was hugh for ravens, we may, just may end up in third place this yr. who hoooooo.

    johnny will not see the field again. hopefully.

  • + a couple by Fleetwood Mac.

    Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:

    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is one list. Obviously a very subjective subject. One Beatle song has only like 15-16 words.

    http://www.sputnikmusic.com/list.php?listid=61442

    Gripper, Who didn't like "Want to see my smiling on the cover of the rolling stone." They got the Beatles Wrong. "Image" and b4 you turn 64 listen to "When Am 64"!!

    @gumby73 said:

    Gripper, Who didn't like "What to see my smiling on the cover of the rolling stone." They got the Beatles Wrong. "Image" and b4 you turn 64 listen to "When Am 64"!!

    Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show are fine with me. I saw them do that live at The Wildlife in downtown Akron back in the day.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    If you see a fight between two fat chicks in the trailer park you just have to watch.....................

    Your Mom and Sis going at it again?

    Zombo

  • I love how hill people from Pittsburgh dare to think of clevelanders as hillbillies. There's a reason that it's called "HILLbillies" you appalacian jackass.

  • I love how hill people from Pittsburgh dare to think of clevelanders as hillbillies. There's a reason that it's called "HILLbillies" you appalacian jackass.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I love how hill people from Pittsburgh dare to think of clevelanders as hillbillies. There's a reason that it's called "HILLbillies" you appalacian jackass.

    Why argue geography. That is what maps are for:

    parks.640.jpg

  • + a couple by Fleetwood Mac.

    Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:

    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    @the-gipper said:

    + a couple by Fleetwood Mac.

    Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:

    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    When I talk to God He says he understands

    come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand

    "Don't ask me what I think of you,

    I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    Oh well-

    Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.

    Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,

    and it's hard to do it justice live. 🙂

    PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.

  • @the-gipper said:

    + a couple by Fleetwood Mac.

    Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:

    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    When I talk to God He says he understands

    come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand

    "Don't ask me what I think of you,

    I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    Oh well-

    Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.

    Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,

    and it's hard to do it justice live. 🙂

    PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.

    @hoorta said:

    When I talk to God He says he understands

    come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand

    "Don't ask me what I think of you,

    I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    Oh well-

    Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.

    Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,

    and it's hard to do it justice live. 🙂

    PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.

    I have seen/heard Buckingham do Oh Well.

  • does anyone understand the lyrics from the springsteen written manfredd mann and the earth band performed 'blinded by the light'?

    still stumps me to this day.

    Lyrics

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner (fade out) in the night

    Madman drummers bummers,
    Indians in the summer
    with a teenage diplomat
    In the dumps with the mumps
    as the adolescent pumps
    his way into his hat
    With a boulder on my shoulder,
    feelin' kinda older,
    I tripped the merry-go-round

    With this very unpleasin',
    sneezin' and wheezin,
    the calliope crashed to the ground
    The calliope crashed to the ground

    Well she was...
    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Some silicone sister
    with a manager mister
    told me I got what it takes
    She said
    "I'll turn you on sonny to something strong,
    play the song with the funky break"
    And go-cart Mozart
    was checkin' out the weather chart
    see if it was safe outside
    And little Early-Pearly
    came by in his curly-wurly
    and asked me if I needed a ride
    Asked me if I needed a ride

    Well she was...
    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night
    Blinded by the light

    She got down but she never got tight
    She's gonna make it through the night
    She's gonna make it through the night

    ------ guitar solo ------

    But mama, that's where the fun is
    But mama, that's where the fun is
    Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun
    But mama, that's where the fun is

    Some brimstone baritone
    anticyclone
    rolling stone
    preacher from the east
    Says, "Dethrone the dictaphone,
    hit it in its funny bone,
    and that's where they expect it least"
    And some new-mown chaperone
    was standin' in the corner,
    watching the young girls dance
    And some fresh-sown moonstone
    was messin' with his frozen zone,
    reminding him of romance
    The calliope crashed to the ground

    But she was...
    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    1)
    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night

    Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night
    Blinded by the light

    2) Madman drummers bummers,
    Indians in the summer
    with a teenage diplomat
    In the dumps with the mumps
    as the adolescent pumps
    his way into his hat
    With a boulder on my shoulder,
    feelin' kinda older,
    I tripped the merry-go-round
    With this very unpleasin',
    sneezin' and wheezin,
    the calliope crashed to the ground
    Now Scott with a slingshot
    finally found a tender spot
    and throws his lover in the sand
    And some bloodshot forget-me-not
    said daddy's within earshot
    save the buckshot, turn up the band
    runner in the night
    Some silicone sister
    with a manager mister
    told me I go what it takes
    She said "I'll turn you on sonny to something strong"

    She got down but She Never Got Touched
    It's gonna make it through the night

    yeah springsteen sucks.

  • "The pump don't work 'cause the vandals stole the handle..."

  • @the-gipper said:

    + a couple by Fleetwood Mac.

    Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:

    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    When I talk to God He says he understands

    come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand

    "Don't ask me what I think of you,

    I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    Oh well-

    Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.

    Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,

    and it's hard to do it justice live. 🙂

    PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.

    @hoorta said:

    When I talk to God He says he understands

    come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand

    "Don't ask me what I think of you,

    I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    Oh well-

    Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.

    Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,

    and it's hard to do it justice live. 🙂

    PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.

    Well that's odd.. I've seen garage bands play this song.. As a musician (guitarist) My self.. the guitar parts are really easy.. he's full of shit... I've seen people do unplugged versions of this song and do it well. Lindsey Buckingham should be in jail for all of the women he's beaten over the years.. He's a great player but , he's a sick fucker.

  • @hoorta said:

    When I talk to God He says he understands

    come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand

    "Don't ask me what I think of you,

    I might not give the answer that you want me to".

    Oh well-

    Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.

    Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,

    and it's hard to do it justice live. 🙂

    PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.

    Well that's odd.. I've seen garage bands play this song.. As a musician (guitarist) My self.. the guitar parts are really easy.. he's full of shit... I've seen people do unplugged versions of this song and do it well. Lindsey Buckingham should be in jail for all of the women he's beaten over the years.. He's a great player but , he's a sick fucker.

    @nickers said:

    Well that's odd.. I've seen garage bands play this song.. As a musician (guitarist) My self.. the guitar parts are really easy.. he's full of shit... I've seen people do unplugged versions of this song and do it well. Lindsey Buckingham should be in jail for all of the women he's beaten over the years.. He's a great player but , he's a sick fucker.

    really? never heard anything like that about the dude. seems like a cream puff. yes he's a great guitar player and writer and the guitar part is easy but it's fleetwood's drumming along with the riff that make the song.

  • If you say yes for 11 you have a serious lack of perspective....