Love it or Shove It.
-
I love how hill people from Pittsburgh dare to think of clevelanders as hillbillies. There's a reason that it's called "HILLbillies" you appalacian jackass.
I love how hill people from Pittsburgh dare to think of clevelanders as hillbillies. There's a reason that it's called "HILLbillies" you appalacian jackass.
Why argue geography. That is what maps are for:

-
+ a couple by Fleetwood Mac.
Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".
+ a couple by Fleetwood Mac.
Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
-
+ a couple by Fleetwood Mac.
Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
I have seen/heard Buckingham do Oh Well.
-
does anyone understand the lyrics from the springsteen written manfredd mann and the earth band performed 'blinded by the light'?
still stumps me to this day.
Lyrics
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner (fade out) in the nightMadman drummers bummers,
Indians in the summer
with a teenage diplomat
In the dumps with the mumps
as the adolescent pumps
his way into his hat
With a boulder on my shoulder,
feelin' kinda older,
I tripped the merry-go-roundWith this very unpleasin',
sneezin' and wheezin,
the calliope crashed to the ground
The calliope crashed to the groundWell she was...
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightSome silicone sister
with a manager mister
told me I got what it takes
She said
"I'll turn you on sonny to something strong,
play the song with the funky break"
And go-cart Mozart
was checkin' out the weather chart
see if it was safe outside
And little Early-Pearly
came by in his curly-wurly
and asked me if I needed a ride
Asked me if I needed a rideWell she was...
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night
Blinded by the lightShe got down but she never got tight
She's gonna make it through the night
She's gonna make it through the night------ guitar solo ------
But mama, that's where the fun is
But mama, that's where the fun is
Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun isSome brimstone baritone
anticyclone
rolling stone
preacher from the east
Says, "Dethrone the dictaphone,
hit it in its funny bone,
and that's where they expect it least"
And some new-mown chaperone
was standin' in the corner,
watching the young girls dance
And some fresh-sown moonstone
was messin' with his frozen zone,
reminding him of romance
The calliope crashed to the groundBut she was...
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night1)
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the nightBlinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night
Blinded by the light2) Madman drummers bummers,
Indians in the summer
with a teenage diplomat
In the dumps with the mumps
as the adolescent pumps
his way into his hat
With a boulder on my shoulder,
feelin' kinda older,
I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasin',
sneezin' and wheezin,
the calliope crashed to the ground
Now Scott with a slingshot
finally found a tender spot
and throws his lover in the sand
And some bloodshot forget-me-not
said daddy's within earshot
save the buckshot, turn up the band
runner in the night
Some silicone sister
with a manager mister
told me I go what it takes
She said "I'll turn you on sonny to something strong"She got down but She Never Got Touched
It's gonna make it through the nightyeah springsteen sucks.
-
-
+ a couple by Fleetwood Mac.
Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
Well that's odd.. I've seen garage bands play this song.. As a musician (guitarist) My self.. the guitar parts are really easy.. he's full of shit... I've seen people do unplugged versions of this song and do it well. Lindsey Buckingham should be in jail for all of the women he's beaten over the years.. He's a great player but , he's a sick fucker.
-
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
Well that's odd.. I've seen garage bands play this song.. As a musician (guitarist) My self.. the guitar parts are really easy.. he's full of shit... I've seen people do unplugged versions of this song and do it well. Lindsey Buckingham should be in jail for all of the women he's beaten over the years.. He's a great player but , he's a sick fucker.
Well that's odd.. I've seen garage bands play this song.. As a musician (guitarist) My self.. the guitar parts are really easy.. he's full of shit... I've seen people do unplugged versions of this song and do it well. Lindsey Buckingham should be in jail for all of the women he's beaten over the years.. He's a great player but , he's a sick fucker.
really? never heard anything like that about the dude. seems like a cream puff. yes he's a great guitar player and writer and the guitar part is easy but it's fleetwood's drumming along with the riff that make the song.
-
If you say yes for 11 you have a serious lack of perspective....
-
No its called hillbillies for the sister fucking hill people of which you are descended.
-
By the by there is a higher percentage of mobile homes in Pennsylvania than in ohio (but to be fair both are relatively low. Hill people prefer to live in ramshackle lean-tos on the side of a half assed mountain)
-
+ a couple by Fleetwood Mac.
Well, here are some lyrics by them that readily apply on this board:
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to".
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
When I talk to God He says he understands
come sit by Me and I'll be your guiding hand
"Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to".
Oh well-
Its a shame the Mac almost never play this song in their current lineup.
Lindsey Buckingham says the studio version has multiple guitar overdubs,
and it's hard to do it justice live.

PS- I'd nominate "The Chain" for best lyrics.
no but i'll tell you what, if you a tom petty fan, they play it almost every tour...and man, mike campbell rocks out...they do an incredible version.
-
If you say yes for 11 you have a serious lack of perspective....
Is that the only one out of a dozen that you can comment on?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login