Skip to content

The Final Solution?

The Browns Board
89 26 3.2k
  • Hackenburg if he falls to #41 otherwise pass on a QB until a real late round flyer Kevin Hogan

  • i thought this thread was a lead-in for this song:

    well steve, at least you have something to fall back on when your back goes out on one of those put-in-bay ferrys and you're struggling to hold that pint of guiness for your selfie and it shimmies to the up and to the right a tad short of your mind's tally.

    insurance companies. car dealerships. walmart. hell, anything for a royalty.

  • I don't see a final solution in that list.

    I like Cook, but not his spurts of wild inaccuracy.

    I like(d) Hackenburg, but not that he's been shell shocked behind the worst Oline in Penn State history.

  • cook is close. kid from alabama is alright. then we got the big 12 and pac 10........don't trust anyone anymore as QB from those confs.

  • Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.

    Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:

    - his mechanics are vastly improved;

    - his running is down; and

    - he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.

    Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

  • Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.

    Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:

    - his mechanics are vastly improved;

    - his running is down; and

    - he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.

    Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

    @tour2ma said:

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

    Thats the one I like to. Cant remember why or what he did. But damn he was good! 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

    Thats the one I like to. Cant remember why or what he did. But damn he was good! 😉

    @manzier said:

    Thats the one I like to. Cant remember why or what he did. But damn he was good! 😉

    LOL

  • Commercial Break while Tour loses his mind 😉

  • His running skills have been non existant. His decision making looks poor and his reads have likewise been poor. He's got great arm strength but looks pretty average otherwise. Third round sounds like a good place for him.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    His running skills have been non existant. His decision making looks poor and his reads have likewise been poor. He's got great arm strength but looks pretty average otherwise. Third round sounds like a good place for him.

    He reminds Me of JaMarcus Russell

  • Ok were back and we will stick with "Can't remember why or what he did. But damn he was good." He sounds perfect for this Board & Browns.. We shall name him Savor!!

  • @mudfly said:

    yep....Im thinking later rounds too(4th-5th-etc).....even the 3rd sounds way too early for me......

    Too many immediate needs to waste a 3rd or higher on Cardale, but that's just my opinion.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Too many immediate needs to waste a 3rd or higher on Cardale, but that's just my opinion.

    Mike

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

  • "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    His running skills have been non existant. His decision making looks poor and his reads have likewise been poor. He's got great arm strength but looks pretty average otherwise. Third round sounds like a good place for him.

    He reminds Me of JaMarcus Russell

    @nickers said:

    He reminds Me of JaMarcus Russell

    Save for being legally Retarded, like Russell.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Too many immediate needs to waste a 3rd or higher on Cardale, but that's just my opinion.

    Mike

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

  • "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    @columbusking said:

    "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    Spoken like your true Avitar..

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    @canton-mike said:

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise qb?

  • Hackenberg is terrible. He was graded the worst QB in D1 last year by PFF. The absolute worst. The hype is based on his recruiting ranking, size, starting as a true fish, and playing in a pro system. That's about it. Hell even I got sucked into it.

    Tour, I'm no QB scout but I don't see any sort of Russell Wilson with Prescott at all.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's two positions we need more than a franchise quarterback?

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    @canton-mike said:

    Cardale is a long way from being a franchise QB

    and alot closer to being a Retard.....IMO.

  • Two guys Im keeping an eye on are Paxton Lynch from Memphis and Carson Wentz from North Dakota St.

  • "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    @columbusking said:

    "Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said that thoughts of Jones losing NFL money this year are overblown, because in the eyes of the NFL, Jones is simply the same player he was at the end of last year.

    "I think he looks like the exact same player, and I think that's what NFL scouts see on tape as well -- a player who's still very raw," Brugler told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Tuesday night. "The physical traits are outstanding, but from a maturity standpoint as a passer, he's just still very unpolished and he's not really progressing at the rate you would want to see.""

    Looks like most NFL scouts haven't given up on Cardilly

    That's what you got from that? I don't know about others but it reads to me like "he wasn't really good last year, and hasn't really progressed this year"