Skip to content

The Final Solution?

The Browns Board
89 26 3.2k
  • @mark-o said:

    We need a nasty OLB who scares the offense. I'd pick an Eric Turner type as well and just keep going with McCown at QB for another year.

    Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @the-gipper said:

    Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.

    yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Turner was a Strong Safety I believe. How do you judge if someone is "nasty"......unless they have like the names of Butkus or Tatum or Lott or Nitschke on their back.

    yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @mark-o said:

    yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.

    That works fine for me.

    Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?

    Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.

  • @mark-o said:

    yes....LB and Safety are two positions I think are more of need than QB at this point. We need players in those 2 positions that scare the opposition offense. Guys that the QB comes to line and has to look to see where they are before they snap the ball.

    That works fine for me.

    Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?

    Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @the-gipper said:

    That works fine for me.

    Are you saying that none of our LBs and none of our Safeties have those attributes?

    Of course, the rules prohibit a lot of the "nastiness" that used to be exhibited by LBs and Safeties. You have to think of that as a factor.

    I don't think they really do at this point.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Being how I hate running QBs this'll get me razzed big time, but one QB I like is Dak Prescott.

    Loved his guts and his size the last couple years, but not much else. This year the twice I've seen him, it looks like:

    - his mechanics are vastly improved;

    - his running is down; and

    - he's taking much better care of the ball... yet to throw an INT this season.

    Comparisons are dangerous, but he has the look of a bigger Russell Wilson.

    There is another QB that impressed me one game I happened upon, but I'll be damned if I can remember who or where... Wasn't any of the "name" QBs...

    How about Lynch? is it from Memphis St. Has them undefeated. A lot a people are looking at him.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #54

    I think we're OK at Safety... and to a degree intimidating Safeties have been legislated out of the game.

    OLB? No... we are not near where we need to be.

    @the-gipper said:

    How about Lynch? is it from Memphis St. Has them undefeated. A lot a people are looking at him.

    Haven't seen Memphis St. this year...

    I knew at the time I should have written the name down.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Lynch plays for Memphis. They just destroyed Ole Miss

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    The small school guy I like this year will be ... Brandon Doughty from Western Kentucky. His pre-draft stuff can make or break his draft stock, but right now he is on the rise.

    The big school guy I like the most right now is Kevin Hogan from Stanford. I particularly like the fact that Stanford runs a pro-style system, which as we continue to see is rare but provides great benefits to a QB making the transition to the NFL.

    Many of the early top guys, Hackenberg, Cook, Jones, Goff, Kessler, all seem overrated to me...

    Right now, there is no sure-fire top QB. Actually, it's hard to even imagine any of these guys being top 10 worthy...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #57

    i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

    pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

  • i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

    pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @miktoxic said:

    i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

    pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

    WR....Josh Gordon?

    Pass Rusher absolutely...

  • @miktoxic said:

    i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

    pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

    WR....Josh Gordon?

    Pass Rusher absolutely...

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @mark-o said:

    WR....Josh Gordon?

    love him when he's on the field.......

    at this point it's like telling the dealer you'll take a card when you're showing 16 on the blackjack table.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #60

    I want this thread to end, because this title, plus the constant playing of the Geico commericial combine to never let this Gayass song out of my head:

  • i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

    pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @miktoxic said:

    i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

    pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

    I read earlier the coaches are happy with Orchard and he'll be getting more snaps again this week. Hopefully him and Cooper can become good pass rushers. Agree on the WR, Barnidge is our only red zone threat at the moment.

  • I want this thread to end, because this title, plus the constant playing of the Geico commericial combine to never let this Gayass song out of my head:

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Zombo said:

    I want this thread to end, because this title, plus the constant playing of the Geico commericial combine to never let this Gayass song out of my head:

    steppin on shoes now? (see post #26).

    c'mon man!

  • Zombo said:

    I want this thread to end, because this title, plus the constant playing of the Geico commericial combine to never let this Gayass song out of my head:

    steppin on shoes now? (see post #26).

    c'mon man!

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @miktoxic said:

    steppin on shoes now? (see post #26).

    c'mon man!

    Ha! Didn't see that, didn't start reading the board until a couple days after this one. Just marked it "all read". I'm sure there was nothing worth moderating.

    Z

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #64

    you'd be correct sir.

    see the before (80s video) and after (geico commercial) shots of these guys?

    from looking like farrah fawcett to looking like keith richards in 30 years?

    uff.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #65

    The 80s video is gay as fuck.

    Z

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #66

    dude, hair bands were gay as fuck even though everyone back then knew every lyric to guns and roses 'sweet child of mine' or some other crappy song they play on classic rock stations now.

    saw poison open up for david lee roth on his 'yankee rose' tour in phx way back when. reminded me of an episode of 'project runway' with all the hair and make-up products they must have had going on.

    make-up: misfits yes. poison no.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #67

    I thought hair bands were gay back when hair bands were ... gay.

    Z

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #68

    iron maiden, motorhead, motley crue, guns and roses, aerosmith gay.

    pearl jam, soundgarden, screaming trees, alice in chains not gay?

  • @miktoxic said:

    i;m not suggesting drafting a QB next year.....but i'm not a coach or a GM so wtf do i know?

    pass rusher and big tall WR pleez.

    WR....Josh Gordon?

    Pass Rusher absolutely...

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @mark-o said:

    WR....Josh Gordon?

    Pass Rusher absolutely...

    Not necessarily just a pass rusher, but a 3 down OLB. Orchard, Mingo, and Kruger are all supposed to be pass rushers, but they dont have a solid run stuffer/ cover guy to play opposite them so they are all used inappropriately...IMHO

  • @mark-o said:

    WR....Josh Gordon?

    Pass Rusher absolutely...

    Not necessarily just a pass rusher, but a 3 down OLB. Orchard, Mingo, and Kruger are all supposed to be pass rushers, but they dont have a solid run stuffer/ cover guy to play opposite them so they are all used inappropriately...IMHO

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @thenew23 said:

    Not necessarily just a pass rusher, but a 3 down OLB. Orchard, Mingo, and Kruger are all supposed to be pass rushers, but they dont have a solid run stuffer/ cover guy to play opposite them so they are all used inappropriately...IMHO

    Yep.