The Dirty Dozen
-
Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:
Any other nominees?
I would say Mike Ditka, Kenny Easley, Earl Cambell, Mark Bavaro.
I would say Mike Ditka, Kenny Easley, Earl Cambell, Mark Bavaro.
Most of you are missing the point. Those were great players, but not badass. There is a distinction. As great as Earl Campbell was, he was still a gentleman.
Jack Ham and Jack Lambert equally good and both HOF'ers. The only distinction between the two is that Ham was never regarded as a badass.
CB Deon Sanders not a badass, Rod Woodson was.
-
Walter Payton....probably the nicest badass ever...
Browns havent had too many legit badasses, but for a short while Don Rogers fit the bill.....
-
Conrad Dobler
Conrad Dobler
Perennial #1 on the dirty survey.
-
Greatest Motown singers ever (with personal anecdotes littered in). Go.
-
All Time Browns Dirty Dozen
Drunk and winging it:
Lou Groza
Gene Hickerson
Jim Brown
Walter Johnson
Jerry Sherk
Doug Dieken
Eddie Johnson
Don Rogers
Mike Baab
Eric Turner
Josh Cribbs
Karlos Dansby
Zombo said:
All Time Browns Dirty Dozen
Drunk and winging it:
Lou Groza
Gene Hickerson
Jim Brown
Walter Johnson
Jerry Sherk
Doug Dieken
Eddie Johnson
Don Rogers
Mike Baab
Eric Turner
Josh Cribbs
Karlos Dansby
Karlos Dansby one of the top Browns? That's like saying Bernie Kosar is a great Cowboy quarterback.
-
-
-
All Time Browns Dirty Dozen
Drunk and winging it:
Lou Groza
Gene Hickerson
Jim Brown
Walter Johnson
Jerry Sherk
Doug Dieken
Eddie Johnson
Don Rogers
Mike Baab
Eric Turner
Josh Cribbs
Karlos Dansby
Zombo said:
All Time Browns Dirty Dozen
Drunk and winging it:
Lou Groza
Gene Hickerson
Jim Brown
Walter Johnson
Jerry Sherk
Doug Dieken
Eddie Johnson
Don Rogers
Mike Baab
Eric Turner
Josh Cribbs
Karlos Dansby
Here are a few others that should make this list.....or be honorable mention on it:
Erich Barnes
Ernest Byner
These two were as badass as anyone the Browns have probably ever had.
Thom Darden
Mike Johnson
Vince Costello
Ross Fichtner
Jim Kanicki
Jack Gregory
TJ Ward
Pepper Johnson
Lyle Alzado
Gerald Irons.....with a name like that you have to be badass
Chris Rockins
Dick Modzewlewski
Sam Clancy
Eric Heiden
-
OMG, how can you miss...
Joe "Turkey" Jones!! (Bradshaw hasn't!)
...and lest we forget...
Michael Dean Perry
Al "Bubba" Baker
Erich Barnes
Mike
-
Zombo said:
Ok, replace Dansby with Joe Turkey.
I'll hold off on Eric Heiden for now ...

That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?
-
Zombo said:
Ok, replace Dansby with Joe Turkey.
I'll hold off on Eric Heiden for now ...

That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?
That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?
Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.
I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.
Zombo
-
That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?
Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.
I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.
I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.
Zombo
I did.
Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.
I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?
-
Zombo said:
Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.
I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.
Zombo
I did.
Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.
I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?
I did.
Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.
I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?
I'll be in Vegas the weekend before the super bowl with my wife.
-
I did.
Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.
I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?
I'll be in Vegas the weekend before the super bowl with my wife.
-
All Time Browns Dirty Dozen
Drunk and winging it:
Lou Groza
Gene Hickerson
Jim Brown
Walter Johnson
Jerry Sherk
Doug Dieken
Eddie Johnson
Don Rogers
Mike Baab
Eric Turner
Josh Cribbs
Karlos Dansby
Zombo said:
All Time Browns Dirty Dozen
Drunk and winging it:
Lou Groza - Gene Hickerson - Jim Brown - Walter Johnson - Jerry Sherk - Doug Dieken
Eddie Johnson - Don Rogers - Mike Baab - Eric Turner - Josh Cribbs - Karlos Dansby
Josh is an interesting inclusion...
Others to consider for O...
- Motley has to be in there... outbruised JB's bruising style.
- Need a TE and Milt Morin fills the bill.
- For OG might forgo DeLamielleure due to short tenure, but might argue Wooten over Hickerson.
- For C would argue DeLeone over Baab
- If there's room for a QB... Bill Nelsen.
On the D side...
- DTs love Sherk and Johnson, but have to consider Bob Gain and our Perry brother... Michael Dean.
- DEs without Bill Glass or Paul Wiggin?
- OLBs without Clay Sr.?
- ILB has to consider Bam Bam.
-
Zombo said:
All Time Browns Dirty Dozen
Drunk and winging it:
Lou Groza - Gene Hickerson - Jim Brown - Walter Johnson - Jerry Sherk - Doug Dieken
Eddie Johnson - Don Rogers - Mike Baab - Eric Turner - Josh Cribbs - Karlos Dansby
Josh is an interesting inclusion...
Others to consider for O...
- Motley has to be in there... outbruised JB's bruising style.
- Need a TE and Milt Morin fills the bill.
- For OG might forgo DeLamielleure due to short tenure, but might argue Wooten over Hickerson.
- For C would argue DeLeone over Baab
- If there's room for a QB... Bill Nelsen.
On the D side...
- DTs love Sherk and Johnson, but have to consider Bob Gain and our Perry brother... Michael Dean.
- DEs without Bill Glass or Paul Wiggin?
- OLBs without Clay Sr.?
- ILB has to consider Bam Bam.
Josh was a warrior on a shitty team.Josh is an interesting inclusion...
Others to consider for O...
- Motley has to be in there... outbruised JB's bruising style.
- Need a TE and Milt Morin fills the bill.
- For OG might forgo DeLamielleure due to short tenure, but might argue Wooten over Hickerson.
- For C would argue DeLeone over Baab
- If there's room for a QB... Bill Nelsen.
On the D side...
- DTs love Sherk and Johnson, but have to consider Bob Gain and our Perry brother... Michael Dean.
- DEs without Bill Glass or Paul Wiggin?
- OLBs without Clay Sr.?
- ILB has to consider Bam Bam.
He covered kicks like Bademosi while setting NFL records for kick returns.
Took monster hits and dished them out.
I really respect Josh.
Z
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
