Skip to content

The Dirty Dozen

The Browns Board
48 22 1.5k
  • All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza

    Gene Hickerson

    Jim Brown

    Walter Johnson

    Jerry Sherk

    Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson

    Don Rogers

    Mike Baab

    Eric Turner

    Josh Cribbs

    Karlos Dansby

    Zombo said:

    All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza

    Gene Hickerson

    Jim Brown

    Walter Johnson

    Jerry Sherk

    Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson

    Don Rogers

    Mike Baab

    Eric Turner

    Josh Cribbs

    Karlos Dansby

    Karlos Dansby one of the top Browns? That's like saying Bernie Kosar is a great Cowboy quarterback.

  • Mike Junkin the ole Mad Dog in a meat market

    @7moses7 said:

    Mike Junkin the ole Mad Dog in a meat market

    Badasses.....not bad assholes. Got it? 😉

  • How does no one mention Gary Fencik

    @kvoethe said:

    How does no one mention Gary Fencik

    You just did.

  • All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza

    Gene Hickerson

    Jim Brown

    Walter Johnson

    Jerry Sherk

    Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson

    Don Rogers

    Mike Baab

    Eric Turner

    Josh Cribbs

    Karlos Dansby

    Zombo said:

    All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza

    Gene Hickerson

    Jim Brown

    Walter Johnson

    Jerry Sherk

    Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson

    Don Rogers

    Mike Baab

    Eric Turner

    Josh Cribbs

    Karlos Dansby

    Here are a few others that should make this list.....or be honorable mention on it:

    Erich Barnes

    Ernest Byner

    These two were as badass as anyone the Browns have probably ever had.

    Thom Darden

    Mike Johnson

    Vince Costello

    Ross Fichtner

    Jim Kanicki

    Jack Gregory

    TJ Ward

    Pepper Johnson

    Lyle Alzado

    Gerald Irons.....with a name like that you have to be badass

    Chris Rockins

    Dick Modzewlewski

    Sam Clancy

    Eric Heiden

  • OMG, how can you miss...

    Joe "Turkey" Jones!! (Bradshaw hasn't!)

    ...and lest we forget...

    Michael Dean Perry

    Al "Bubba" Baker

    Erich Barnes

    Mike

  • Ok, replace Dansby with Joe Turkey.

    I'll hold off on Eric Heiden for now ...

    heiden_eric.jpg

  • Ok, replace Dansby with Joe Turkey.

    I'll hold off on Eric Heiden for now ...

    heiden_eric.jpg

    Zombo said:

    Ok, replace Dansby with Joe Turkey.

    I'll hold off on Eric Heiden for now ...

    heiden_eric.jpg

    That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?

  • Zombo said:

    Ok, replace Dansby with Joe Turkey.

    I'll hold off on Eric Heiden for now ...

    heiden_eric.jpg

    That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?

    @the-gipper said:

    That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?

    Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.

    I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    That's a Ghoolie Choice. (really referencing Steve Heiden) Did you see where he and Stan were together out in Las Vegas? Was that pre arranged?

    Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.

    I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.

    I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.

    Zombo

    I did.

    Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.

    I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?

  • Zombo said:

    Nope, I think they just found each other out there through Facebook.

    I was wondering if you Ghoolied Heiden's name on purpose.

    Zombo

    I did.

    Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.

    I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?

    @the-gipper said:

    I did.

    Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.

    I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?

    I'll be in Vegas the weekend before the super bowl with my wife.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I did.

    Speaking of Vegas. I was contemplating going out there for Super Bowl week. I can get a 2BR condo I think for a good rate.

    I wonder if that would be of interest to some of the crew?

    I'll be in Vegas the weekend before the super bowl with my wife.

    @mark-o said:

    I'll be in Vegas the weekend before the super bowl with my wife.

    If I did it I would probably try for a week that begins around Feb. 5th, Friday. Sunday the 7th is the SB.

  • All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza

    Gene Hickerson

    Jim Brown

    Walter Johnson

    Jerry Sherk

    Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson

    Don Rogers

    Mike Baab

    Eric Turner

    Josh Cribbs

    Karlos Dansby

    Zombo said:

    All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza - Gene Hickerson - Jim Brown - Walter Johnson - Jerry Sherk - Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson - Don Rogers - Mike Baab - Eric Turner - Josh Cribbs - Karlos Dansby

    Josh is an interesting inclusion...

    Others to consider for O...

    - Motley has to be in there... outbruised JB's bruising style.

    - Need a TE and Milt Morin fills the bill.

    - For OG might forgo DeLamielleure due to short tenure, but might argue Wooten over Hickerson.

    - For C would argue DeLeone over Baab

    - If there's room for a QB... Bill Nelsen.

    On the D side...

    - DTs love Sherk and Johnson, but have to consider Bob Gain and our Perry brother... Michael Dean.

    - DEs without Bill Glass or Paul Wiggin?

    - OLBs without Clay Sr.?

    - ILB has to consider Bam Bam.

  • Zombo said:

    All Time Browns Dirty Dozen

    Drunk and winging it:

    Lou Groza - Gene Hickerson - Jim Brown - Walter Johnson - Jerry Sherk - Doug Dieken

    Eddie Johnson - Don Rogers - Mike Baab - Eric Turner - Josh Cribbs - Karlos Dansby

    Josh is an interesting inclusion...

    Others to consider for O...

    - Motley has to be in there... outbruised JB's bruising style.

    - Need a TE and Milt Morin fills the bill.

    - For OG might forgo DeLamielleure due to short tenure, but might argue Wooten over Hickerson.

    - For C would argue DeLeone over Baab

    - If there's room for a QB... Bill Nelsen.

    On the D side...

    - DTs love Sherk and Johnson, but have to consider Bob Gain and our Perry brother... Michael Dean.

    - DEs without Bill Glass or Paul Wiggin?

    - OLBs without Clay Sr.?

    - ILB has to consider Bam Bam.

    @tour2ma said:

    Josh is an interesting inclusion...

    Others to consider for O...

    - Motley has to be in there... outbruised JB's bruising style.

    - Need a TE and Milt Morin fills the bill.

    - For OG might forgo DeLamielleure due to short tenure, but might argue Wooten over Hickerson.

    - For C would argue DeLeone over Baab

    - If there's room for a QB... Bill Nelsen.

    On the D side...

    - DTs love Sherk and Johnson, but have to consider Bob Gain and our Perry brother... Michael Dean.

    - DEs without Bill Glass or Paul Wiggin?

    - OLBs without Clay Sr.?

    - ILB has to consider Bam Bam.

    Josh was a warrior on a shitty team.

    He covered kicks like Bademosi while setting NFL records for kick returns.

    Took monster hits and dished them out.

    I really respect Josh.

    Z

  • @tour2ma said:

    Josh is an interesting inclusion...

    Others to consider for O...

    - Motley has to be in there... outbruised JB's bruising style.

    - Need a TE and Milt Morin fills the bill.

    - For OG might forgo DeLamielleure due to short tenure, but might argue Wooten over Hickerson.

    - For C would argue DeLeone over Baab

    - If there's room for a QB... Bill Nelsen.

    On the D side...

    - DTs love Sherk and Johnson, but have to consider Bob Gain and our Perry brother... Michael Dean.

    - DEs without Bill Glass or Paul Wiggin?

    - OLBs without Clay Sr.?

    - ILB has to consider Bam Bam.

    Josh was a warrior on a shitty team.

    He covered kicks like Bademosi while setting NFL records for kick returns.

    Took monster hits and dished them out.

    I really respect Josh.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Josh was a warrior on a shitty team.

    He covered kicks like Bademosi while setting NFL records for kick returns.

    Took monster hits and dished them out.

    I really respect Josh.

    Z

    me too....he was fearless.....one of my all time favorite Browns

  • I meant interesting in a good way...

  • Zombo said:

    Josh was a warrior on a shitty team.

    He covered kicks like Bademosi while setting NFL records for kick returns.

    Took monster hits and dished them out.

    I really respect Josh.

    Z

    me too....he was fearless.....one of my all time favorite Browns

    @mudfly said:

    me too....he was fearless.....one of my all time favorite Browns

    Josh was about the only bright spot on the team besides having Phil Dawson.

  • Maybe a little off topic, but I really wish we would sign Josh Cribbs to a one day contract so he could retire as a Brown.

    He should be the poster child for the statement, "Play like a Brown".

    Mike

  • Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:

    Chuck Bednarik

    Jim Brown

    Dick Butkus

    Mean Joe Greene

    Deacon Jones

    Jack Lambert

    Dick Night Train Lane

    Ray Lewis

    Ronnie Lott

    Ray Nitschke

    Jack Tatum

    Lawrence Taylor

    For a Baker's Dozen include perhaps: Randy White

    Any other nominees?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:

    Chuck Bednarik

    Jim Brown

    Dick Butkus

    Mean Joe Greene

    Deacon Jones

    Jack Lambert

    Dick Night Train Lane

    Ray Lewis

    Ronnie Lott

    Ray Nitschke

    Jack Tatum

    Lawrence Taylor

    For a Baker's Dozen include perhaps: Randy White

    Any other nominees?

    Willie Lanier

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is my list of the "Dirty Dozen", i.e. the Top 12 Badasses in NFL History. No order:

    Chuck Bednarik

    Jim Brown

    Dick Butkus

    Mean Joe Greene

    Deacon Jones

    Jack Lambert

    Dick Night Train Lane

    Ray Lewis

    Ronnie Lott

    Ray Nitschke

    Jack Tatum

    Lawrence Taylor

    For a Baker's Dozen include perhaps: Randy White

    Any other nominees?

    Willie Lanier

    @lambert_58 said:

    Willie Lanier

    Not bad. What is it about the 60s/70s.....it seems that all the great MLBs came from that era. The Browns could sure use a Butkus/Lanier/Nitschke/Lambert/Mike Curtis/Tommy Nobis type now.

    There have been a few great ones: Singletary, Lewis, Urlacher. But not nearly as many the last 40 years as there were in 10-15 years back then.

    Is it that defenses are different? The 3-4 being more prevalent discounts the great MLB aura?

  • Only had to watch Carolina last nite to appreciate the contribution of great ILB play. Kuechly sure, but Davis as well.

    Both play big delivering devastating hits, yet shockingly weigh the same as our starters.