Skip to content

You can't defend this circus anymore.

The Browns Board
187 39 7.1k
  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Look I'm not on the fire Pettine bandwagon, but it's fair criticism to say a few things about him.

    - A TON of the penalties were discipline related. There's a decent level of coaching responsibility for that.

    -He makes some head scratching decisions with timeouts and late game situations that just aren't good.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #42

    This thread is a bunch of boo-hoo sadness pussies yelling about nothing.

    It's the same boo-hoo sadness pussies that will be like "I LOVE THIS TEAM, WE ARE THE GREATEST" whenever we win. Pay them no attention, they're useless members of society.

  • Look I'm not on the fire Pettine bandwagon, but it's fair criticism to say a few things about him.

    - A TON of the penalties were discipline related. There's a decent level of coaching responsibility for that.

    -He makes some head scratching decisions with timeouts and late game situations that just aren't good.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @jrb12711 said:

    Look I'm not on the fire Pettine bandwagon, but it's fair criticism to say a few things about him.

    - A TON of the penalties were discipline related. There's a decent level of coaching responsibility for that.

    -He makes some head scratching decisions with timeouts and late game situations that just aren't good.

    Give ya that one. On the other, unfortunately as a coach you emphasize the way to play but it's up to the players to execute.

  • This thread is a bunch of boo-hoo sadness pussies yelling about nothing.

    It's the same boo-hoo sadness pussies that will be like "I LOVE THIS TEAM, WE ARE THE GREATEST" whenever we win. Pay them no attention, they're useless members of society.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    This thread is a bunch of boo-hoo sadness pussies yelling about nothing.

    It's the same boo-hoo sadness pussies that will be like "I LOVE THIS TEAM, WE ARE THE GREATEST" whenever we win. Pay them no attention, they're useless members of society.

    A sunshine pumper, nice, thought you'd guys have run out of reasons to defend the losing.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Is Ohio-native Bob Stoops a Browns fan?

  • This thread is a bunch of boo-hoo sadness pussies yelling about nothing.

    It's the same boo-hoo sadness pussies that will be like "I LOVE THIS TEAM, WE ARE THE GREATEST" whenever we win. Pay them no attention, they're useless members of society.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    This thread is a bunch of boo-hoo sadness pussies yelling about nothing.

    It's the same boo-hoo sadness pussies that will be like "I LOVE THIS TEAM, WE ARE THE GREATEST" whenever we win. Pay them no attention, they're useless members of society.

    Says the know it all 22 year old fag.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I see hawkins was concussed..

  • Is Ohio-native Bob Stoops a Browns fan?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @wargograw said:

    Is Ohio-native Bob Stoops a Browns fan?

    Youngstown Ohio but as a die hard Sooner fan his attitude would not translate well to the NFL. Plus he makes $1.9 million more than Pettine.

  • Fire Pettine.

    Start Manziel.

    End this freak show of losers.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @walterwhite said:

    Fire Pettine.

    Start Manziel.

    End this freak show of losers.

    You come in here with this bullshit every week after a loss. Who are you going to hire as the new coach? Who is going to turn things around and do a better job?

  • Browns_Fucking_RuleB Browns_Fucking_Rule wrote on last edited by
    #50

    After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #51

    No fire. No passion.

    YOU CANT FUCKING DEFEND THAT.

  • After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @browns_fucking_rule said:

    After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

    This. Absolutely this.

  • No fire. No passion.

    YOU CANT FUCKING DEFEND THAT.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @walterwhite said:

    No fire. No passion.

    YOU CANT FUCKING DEFEND THAT.

    Who are you going to hire to replace him?

  • No fire. No passion.

    YOU CANT FUCKING DEFEND THAT.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @walterwhite said:

    No fire. No passion.

    YOU CANT FUCKING DEFEND THAT.

    No clue what you do for work but I certainly don't need a pep talk to do my job.

  • After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @browns_fucking_rule said:

    After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

    On the 15 yard TD run by Gurley, Pettine threw his headset and was in the ear of the blind ref. Hell Ray Charles could've seen the hold on that play.

  • After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

    C Cielo wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @browns_fucking_rule said:

    After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

    That play was automatically reviewed and it stood.

  • @walterwhite said:

    No fire. No passion.

    YOU CANT FUCKING DEFEND THAT.

    Who are you going to hire to replace him?

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @mark-o said:

    Who are you going to hire to replace him?

    The guy I wanted 100% was Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and we interviewed him but turned him down for Chud. Now he's having a decent season in Minnesota. I wanted Chip Kelly as well but Haskam couldn't swing it. I also wanted Cowher but he's not coming back. Gruden got too comfy in the booth and probably doesn't have the same fire in his belly.

    Kevin Sumlin, Bob Stoops, Tom Herman, and Greg Roman all come to mind...

  • @mark-o said:

    Who are you going to hire to replace him?

    The guy I wanted 100% was Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and we interviewed him but turned him down for Chud. Now he's having a decent season in Minnesota. I wanted Chip Kelly as well but Haskam couldn't swing it. I also wanted Cowher but he's not coming back. Gruden got too comfy in the booth and probably doesn't have the same fire in his belly.

    Kevin Sumlin, Bob Stoops, Tom Herman, and Greg Roman all come to mind...

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @walterwhite said:

    The guy I wanted 100% was Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and we interviewed him but turned him down for Chud. Now he's having a decent season in Minnesota. I wanted Chip Kelly as well but Haskam couldn't swing it. I also wanted Cowher but he's not coming back. Gruden got too comfy in the booth and probably doesn't have the same fire in his belly.

    Kevin Sumlin, Bob Stoops, Tom Herman, and Greg Roman all come to mind...

    @walterwhite said:

    The guy I wanted 100% was Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and we interviewed him but turned him down for Chud. Now he's having a decent season in Minnesota. I wanted Chip Kelly as well but Haskam couldn't swing it. I also wanted Cowher but he's not coming back. Gruden got too comfy in the booth and probably doesn't have the same fire in his belly.

    Kevin Sumlin, Bob Stoops, Tom Herman, and Greg Roman all come to mind...

    Cowher and Gruden are horrific ideas. No coach wins with a different team after winning somewhere else. Hasn't happened in 40 years and has only happened twice in history.

    The rest of those guys....eh..whatever.... How long are you going to give them? One year and if we don't make the playoffs they get fired and we start over again?

  • @browns_fucking_rule said:

    After today I have to stop supporting Pettine... This team has some serious weaknesses but with a good staff I guarantee they would be playing much better. This team has worlds more talent than the 99 team and yet barely plays much better. After watching Pettine bend over willingly as the refs call tick-tack penalties and not even have the balls to let the refs know how you feel. Then on the last turnover, to not even challenge the call or say anything about the facemask to mccown is just pussy... I swear when they showed Petting I thought he was going to cry. The team needs a coach who is willing to stand up for the them. All those players hanging their heads in the 3rd quarter is also an embarrassment... this is a reflection of their head coach.

    That play was automatically reviewed and it stood.

    Browns_Fucking_RuleB Browns_Fucking_Rule wrote on last edited by Browns_Fucking_Rule
    #59

    @cielo said:

    That play was automatically reviewed and it stood.

    world speed record review process on that one then... the rams were snapping the ball within about 45 seconds from the end of the play

  • @walterwhite said:

    The guy I wanted 100% was Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and we interviewed him but turned him down for Chud. Now he's having a decent season in Minnesota. I wanted Chip Kelly as well but Haskam couldn't swing it. I also wanted Cowher but he's not coming back. Gruden got too comfy in the booth and probably doesn't have the same fire in his belly.

    Kevin Sumlin, Bob Stoops, Tom Herman, and Greg Roman all come to mind...

    @walterwhite said:

    The guy I wanted 100% was Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and we interviewed him but turned him down for Chud. Now he's having a decent season in Minnesota. I wanted Chip Kelly as well but Haskam couldn't swing it. I also wanted Cowher but he's not coming back. Gruden got too comfy in the booth and probably doesn't have the same fire in his belly.

    Kevin Sumlin, Bob Stoops, Tom Herman, and Greg Roman all come to mind...

    Cowher and Gruden are horrific ideas. No coach wins with a different team after winning somewhere else. Hasn't happened in 40 years and has only happened twice in history.

    The rest of those guys....eh..whatever.... How long are you going to give them? One year and if we don't make the playoffs they get fired and we start over again?

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @mark-o said:

    Cowher and Gruden are horrific ideas. No coach wins with a different team after winning somewhere else. Hasn't happened in 40 years and has only happened twice in history.

    The rest of those guys....eh..whatever.... How long are you going to give them? One year and if we don't make the playoffs they get fired and we start over again?

    No. I'd hire a coach who actually inspires his players to play hard, passionate football. Losing is one thing but the Browns are so sloppy, undisciplined, and impassioned football is embarrassing. The dude just sits there with his arms crossed.

    Fuck, Brian Kelly of Notre Dame would be an upgrade come to think of it.