Skip to content

Is it time for the young guys?

The Browns Board
13 8 536
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The rookies from the last draft as well as Gilbert etc

    This season is done, the best way for them to learn how to play in the NFL is by doing so. Let them play.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Sure... time to see those that are ready to play, but I feel like we have been for the most part... at least on D.

    On the O-side set QB aside since there are plenty of other threads addressing that position. That said other than Erving and Bibbs who is there to look at? Winston?

    Saw Erving get a few snaps at RG today. Not sure when first was, or why, but he was in there late. And I've been looking for Bibbs for a few weeks now.

    Am I forgetting anyone important?

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I was thinking defense likes of Gilbert, Campbell, Orchard, Cooper

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Orchard and Cooper have played a bunch. Orchard at least. I agree we need to work Gilbert and Campbell in alot.

  • I was thinking defense likes of Gilbert, Campbell, Orchard, Cooper

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @londonbrown said:

    I was thinking defense likes of Gilbert, Campbell, Orchard, Cooper

    Aren't the guys you are replacing them with not much older?

    I say perhaps give them a chance by getting them into the rotation a bit more, but not handing them a starting position.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Orchard for Kruger

    Cooper for Starks

    Gilbert for Williams

    Campbell for Whitner

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Williams has been our best defender this season, I would not take him out. I would like to see Orchard and Cooper in, though, and Campbell should get some playing time if Poyer's injured.

    Don't forget Desir, who's been starting in place of Haden. Bito has been an ever-present, and Shelton has been playing a lot.

  • Orchard for Kruger

    Cooper for Starks

    Gilbert for Williams

    Campbell for Whitner

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @londonbrown said:

    Orchard for Kruger

    Cooper for Starks

    Gilbert for Williams

    Campbell for Whitner

    I agree what do we have to lose. Williams lost us the San Diego game and was burned by Manning's only long throw. Orchard, Gilbert, Campbell and Cooper getting playing time can only help towards next year. We have nothing to lose and I would look forward to seeing them play. As it is now, it's awful! Petting won't keep his job if they don't do something.

  • Orchard for Kruger

    Cooper for Starks

    Gilbert for Williams

    Campbell for Whitner

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @londonbrown said:

    Orchard for Kruger

    Cooper for Starks

    Gilbert for Williams

    Campbell for Whitner

    again, yes, on a limited rotational basis......more if they are showing production.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Tramon Williams tackling on Sunday looked very poor to my untrained eye

  • @londonbrown said:

    Orchard for Kruger

    Cooper for Starks

    Gilbert for Williams

    Campbell for Whitner

    I agree what do we have to lose. Williams lost us the San Diego game and was burned by Manning's only long throw. Orchard, Gilbert, Campbell and Cooper getting playing time can only help towards next year. We have nothing to lose and I would look forward to seeing them play. As it is now, it's awful! Petting won't keep his job if they don't do something.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @opal312 said:

    I agree what do we have to lose. Williams lost us the San Diego game and was burned by Manning's only long throw. Orchard, Gilbert, Campbell and Cooper getting playing time can only help towards next year. We have nothing to lose and I would look forward to seeing them play. As it is now, it's awful! Petting won't keep his job if they don't do something.

    Williams was burnt on a perfect Manning throw. The only reason it went for a long touchdown is because our backup safety took the worst possible angle to make the play... Our secondary would look way better if we got any pass rush..

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Also would like to point out what I believe Tour has already mentioned... Benjamin still plays too scared. He is a nice deep threat but drops the ball when hit and won't give any effort when blocking. He was the main cause of the fumble six yesterday as he gave no effort to block on the wr screen and his unblocked man caused the fumble... Maybe Gabriel can block on that play and Benji can make the catch...

  • @opal312 said:

    I agree what do we have to lose. Williams lost us the San Diego game and was burned by Manning's only long throw. Orchard, Gilbert, Campbell and Cooper getting playing time can only help towards next year. We have nothing to lose and I would look forward to seeing them play. As it is now, it's awful! Petting won't keep his job if they don't do something.

    Williams was burnt on a perfect Manning throw. The only reason it went for a long touchdown is because our backup safety took the worst possible angle to make the play... Our secondary would look way better if we got any pass rush..

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Williams was burnt on a perfect Manning throw. The only reason it went for a long touchdown is because our backup safety took the worst possible angle to make the play... Our secondary would look way better if we got any pass rush..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Williams was burnt on a perfect Manning throw. The only reason it went for a long touchdown is because our backup safety took the worst possible angle to make the play... Our secondary would look way better if we got any pass rush..

    saw that, looked like he was very late getting over to help out...and it was a poor angle...