18-38.......
-
Wow
-
Johnny Manziel has won 33% of the games he's started. McCown has won 47%.
I don't think you needed to create another Manziel thread. We know you love him, he's all you talk about, all you dream about. We get it.
-
Johnny Manziel has won 33% of the games he's started. McCown has won 47%.
I don't think you needed to create another Manziel thread. We know you love him, he's all you talk about, all you dream about. We get it.
Johnny Manziel has won 33% of the games he's started. McCown has won 47%.
I don't think you needed to create another Manziel thread. We know you love him, he's all you talk about, all you dream about. We get it.
How dare you talk poorly about Johnny Manziel.
Didn't you see his amazing relief effort yesterday?
That slide tho...
-
huh? 47%? Is this that new math? 18-37 or 18-38(two different sources have different numbers) is 32%. My niece in 5th grade would instantly know that an 18-37 record doesn't come to a 47% winning percentage. Did you actually divide 18 into 37 to get that? Bwahahahaha(hint: the denom should be the total number of games started, not total losses). That's over > 50 starts....so again, of qbs that have that volume of starts he is the ABSOLUTE WORST.
As for johnny, as I said I don't know now if he's good or not. Or will be. What I do know is that Josh Mccown is a proven L-O-S-E-R and teams that are going nowhere this season don't have any reason to keep starting 36 year old proven losers. If they don't want to put johnny out there, put some other young guy in there...the davis kid or whatever.
-
No I didn't see johnny's relief effort yesterday......when we were down 3 scores late in the fourth quarter because:
1) our offense had scored 6 pts themselves and directly given up 10
2) our qb had lost two fumbles
there was no point in watching anymore. I guess that was before johnny came in. You aren't going to win a lot of games when the offense produces 6 pts and gives up 10 in the first qtr(and by give up I don't mean have a turnover that leads to points....I mean those two turnovers, one of which was a mccown fumble, were DIRECTLY worth 10 pts right there even had the rams not run an offensive play)......
The last two games I've watched Mccown:
1) pull defeat from the jaws of victory against Denver
2) produce 6 points on offense against the rams
Ive seen enough.
-
Dwayne bowe has done zero yes.....but did anyone expect him to do anything but zero? He was a moderate to low risk player(it's not like we gave him Jeremy maclin money, which is the guy kc upgraded him with).....Dwayne Bowe did zero for about 85% of his chiefs career(he had a like 5 week spell 4 years ago where he caught fire....other than that he hasn't done much), so the idea that he was going to come in here and produce bigtime was foolish. I don't think anyone expected that which is why interest was so low.
-
If Josh is a LOSER then he belongs with the Browns, I am a Browns fan and nothing but, but 1 thing I learned being a Browns fan is we seem to always fucking lose. No way you can hold our record to 1 person.Maybe Josh does give us the best chance to win, I don't know. Who really cares at this point. This year is like every other. SMH 1 person will not stop the fumbles or penalties
-
News to you, Taco -
all fumbles are not the qb's fault. When a wr or rb, say,... catches a pass and takes off running downfield....
and gets hit and looses the ball out of their grip
and it gets recovered by the other team....
the qb did not make it happen.
-
medicineman- that's a silly attitude to take. The nfl is not college football- there is no reason that we cant be winning shortly. Because of the draft and the MASSIVE player turnover in this league(and the small talent diff from team to team to begin with), a losing team can become a winning team in short time.
-
of course all fumbles aren't mccowns fault....but his 2 lost fumbles are his fault. When johnny lost a couple of fumbles that was on him too.
What mccown didn't do yesterday(in addition to the lost fumbles) was make key downfield plays that led to scores. The offense had absolutely no punch.
-
No I didn't see johnny's relief effort yesterday......when we were down 3 scores late in the fourth quarter because:
1) our offense had scored 6 pts themselves and directly given up 10
2) our qb had lost two fumbles
there was no point in watching anymore. I guess that was before johnny came in. You aren't going to win a lot of games when the offense produces 6 pts and gives up 10 in the first qtr(and by give up I don't mean have a turnover that leads to points....I mean those two turnovers, one of which was a mccown fumble, were DIRECTLY worth 10 pts right there even had the rams not run an offensive play)......
The last two games I've watched Mccown:
1) pull defeat from the jaws of victory against Denver
2) produce 6 points on offense against the rams
Ive seen enough.
No I didn't see johnny's relief effort yesterday......when we were down 3 scores late in the fourth quarter because:
1) our offense had scored 6 pts themselves and directly given up 10
2) our qb had lost two fumbles
there was no point in watching anymore. I guess that was before johnny came in. You aren't going to win a lot of games when the offense produces 6 pts and gives up 10 in the first qtr(and by give up I don't mean have a turnover that leads to points....I mean those two turnovers, one of which was a mccown fumble, were DIRECTLY worth 10 pts right there even had the rams not run an offensive play)......
The last two games I've watched Mccown:
1) pull defeat from the jaws of victory against Denver
2) produce 6 points on offense against the rams
Ive seen enough.
You apparently don't win a lot of games when the offense puts up 20+, either...like McCown did the four weeks prior.
But, you know...let's choose to forget all of that. Whatever makes your terrible argument slightly less bad.
-
huh? 47%? Is this that new math? 18-37 or 18-38(two different sources have different numbers) is 32%. My niece in 5th grade would instantly know that an 18-37 record doesn't come to a 47% winning percentage. Did you actually divide 18 into 37 to get that? Bwahahahaha(hint: the denom should be the total number of games started, not total losses). That's over > 50 starts....so again, of qbs that have that volume of starts he is the ABSOLUTE WORST.
As for johnny, as I said I don't know now if he's good or not. Or will be. What I do know is that Josh Mccown is a proven L-O-S-E-R and teams that are going nowhere this season don't have any reason to keep starting 36 year old proven losers. If they don't want to put johnny out there, put some other young guy in there...the davis kid or whatever.
huh? 47%? Is this that new math? 18-37 or 18-38(two different sources have different numbers) is 32%. My niece in 5th grade would instantly know that an 18-37 record doesn't come to a 47% winning percentage. Did you actually divide 18 into 37 to get that? Bwahahahaha(hint: the denom should be the total number of games started, not total losses). That's over > 50 starts....so again, of qbs that have that volume of starts he is the ABSOLUTE WORST.
As for johnny, as I said I don't know now if he's good or not. Or will be. What I do know is that Josh Mccown is a proven L-O-S-E-R and teams that are going nowhere this season don't have any reason to keep starting 36 year old proven losers. If they don't want to put johnny out there, put some other young guy in there...the davis kid or whatever.
Honest mistake, but using the wrong numer don't meen I'm not edumucated - I did quite well in calculus 1-3, diff eq, linear algebra, and physics for scientists and engineers 1+2.
The stat wasn't mean to be taken literally anyway, I was just pointing out Johnny's win percentage is lower than McCown's
We all know you're only here because of Johnny, and I support and hope Johnny does very well for the Browns - but McCown has had some really strong performances this year and pinning all the losses on him is completely bogus. Especially the jets game, where Johnny came in when the score was 0-0
-
Maybe we can put Johnny in just for shits and giggles.........I mean....for what other reason?
Ohh! Err! I guess, perhaps, to see if he can actually play in this league? That would be too logical........or maybe logic is already at work. Perhaps he is not in because the coaches already believe that he CAN'T play in this league.
Is so, then, perhaps it is time for this:
-
Now, that is true. But, with 451 yards passing in one game....
it's about matchups, and the wr's of the Browns do NOT match up well with the Rams' defense.
Both qb's are having to force balls into tight coverage or get little done in the passing game.
The big benefit is, when they have better matchups, and the wr's can get more open.
-
While I don't think QB is our biggest problem, the QB spot isn't really helping us win games either
McCown is 2-15 in his last 17 starts.
The season is over now, so put Johnny in and let him prove if he can play.( I think he will flame out and not play well at all)
Then move on next year with a high drafted QB and start over
Although if Farmer is doing the draft next year, I have serious doubts we will get a QB that will be good
-
well if you did well in all those math classes it seems one would instantly know that a record of 18-38 is nowhere remotely close to 47%....regardless of what number one is plugging in. And regardless of whether Josh's winning percentage is above Johnny's as a starter(it isn't), that's not relevant because Johnny's sample size is a few games and Josh has a sample size > 50. IOW, We *KNOW* Josh mccown is a proven loser.....biggest loser in the nfl today(or possibly even recent history?) of any qb with that volume of starts. Whereas obviously with just a few starts under his belt we don't know for sure that Johnny is a proven loser or not......
-
Also, wtf are all these wonderful josh starts this year? I count two he was good in- the chargers loss and the ravens win.
He was TERRIBLE in the Denver game. He threw a horrid pick six(-7 points right there) and besides that consistently wasted a great defensive effort. the defense set him up twice late in the game in Denver territory only needing a field goal and he blew it both times(bad sack, terrible interception). Oh yeah and our defense pick 6'd manning as well, so besides all his horrible mistakes in that game he didn't score > 20. He scored 17 and gave up 7 himself on the pick to talib. not to mention all the missed opportunities off the other turnovers our defense forced......
We got way behind in the Oakland game because he was bad for 2/3rds of it. Yeah he played well late, but too little too late and his poor play(in addition to some blown coverages) put us in a bad spot. That wasn't a complete F game like the Denver game, but it was below average.
The Rams game he was of course not good. led the offense to 6 pts and had two lost fumbles. There is no good way to spin that.
So to contrast the two good performances(chargers and ravens, where he was admittedly very good in Baltimore) I see two very bad performances and one below average performance......that's not good.
-
While I don't think QB is our biggest problem, the QB spot isn't really helping us win games either
McCown is 2-15 in his last 17 starts.
The season is over now, so put Johnny in and let him prove if he can play.( I think he will flame out and not play well at all)
Then move on next year with a high drafted QB and start over
Although if Farmer is doing the draft next year, I have serious doubts we will get a QB that will be good
While I don't think QB is our biggest problem, the QB spot isn't really helping us win games either
McCown is 2-15 in his last 17 starts.
The season is over now, so put Johnny in and let him prove if he can play.( I think he will flame out and not play well at all)
Then move on next year with a high drafted QB and start over
Although if Farmer is doing the draft next year, I have serious doubts we will get a QB that will be good
Fair deal.
-
While I don't think QB is our biggest problem, the QB spot isn't really helping us win games either
McCown is 2-15 in his last 17 starts.
The season is over now, so put Johnny in and let him prove if he can play.( I think he will flame out and not play well at all)
Then move on next year with a high drafted QB and start over
Although if Farmer is doing the draft next year, I have serious doubts we will get a QB that will be good
While I don't think QB is our biggest problem, the QB spot isn't really helping us win games either
McCown is 2-15 in his last 17 starts.
The season is over now, so put Johnny in and let him prove if he can play.( I think he will flame out and not play well at all)
Then move on next year with a high drafted QB and start over
Although if Farmer is doing the draft next year, I have serious doubts we will get a QB that will be good
This is a reasonable and coherent argument.
well if you did well in all those math classes it seems one would instantly know that a record of 18-38 is nowhere remotely close to 47%....regardless of what number one is plugging in. And regardless of whether Josh's winning percentage is above Johnny's as a starter(it isn't), that's not relevant because Johnny's sample size is a few games and Josh has a sample size > 50. IOW, We *KNOW* Josh mccown is a proven loser.....biggest loser in the nfl today(or possibly even recent history?) of any qb with that volume of starts. Whereas obviously with just a few starts under his belt we don't know for sure that Johnny is a proven loser or not......
This is not.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login