Skip to content

JT Barrett Arrested for OVI

The Browns Board
62 22 1.6k
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I'm not going to read your entire post, Flugs. But if you honestly believe this is the stance I'd take simply because he's a Buckeye... Well, then suck one.

    Barely over the limit. First offense. By all accounts an upstanding young man that didn't feel like her was impaired enough to not drive.

    Compared to.....Say, Johnnys history in college?

    You're right, it was a bad idea to interject on my post. Worse idea to claim it wasn't 'directed at just me'.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #27

    such a bad call out of him getting in a car even after a few beers. In his position? C'mon man, you just got named the starter. You've got the 1st round of the draft looking right at you. Why can't these kids be smart?

  • such a bad call out of him getting in a car even after a few beers. In his position? C'mon man, you just got named the starter. You've got the 1st round of the draft looking right at you. Why can't these kids be smart?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @clevfan4life said:

    such a bad call out of him getting in a car even after a few beers. In his position? C'mon man, you just got named the starter. You've got the 1st round of the draft looking right at you. Why can't these kids be smart?

    'Kids'.

    Pretty much answered your own question.

  • I'm not going to read your entire post, Flugs. But if you honestly believe this is the stance I'd take simply because he's a Buckeye... Well, then suck one.

    Barely over the limit. First offense. By all accounts an upstanding young man that didn't feel like her was impaired enough to not drive.

    Compared to.....Say, Johnnys history in college?

    You're right, it was a bad idea to interject on my post. Worse idea to claim it wasn't 'directed at just me'.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not going to read your entire post, Flugs. But if you honestly believe this is the stance I'd take simply because he's a Buckeye... Well, then suck one.

    Barely over the limit. First offense. By all accounts an upstanding young man that didn't feel like her was impaired enough to not drive.

    Compared to.....Say, Johnnys history in college?

    You're right, it was a bad idea to interject on my post. Worse idea to claim it wasn't 'directed at just me'.

    I got your suck one right here! That nonsense above comes from the same guy who was in a thread full of people discussing Joey Bosa playing down to inferior competition and when I chimed in to add he's also been suspended so there's red flags - guess who decided to ask me "what red flags?" I know how you can be with your Buckeye double standards especially when you want to tell everyone it's okay to drink and drive if you play for Ohio State. Barrett got arrested because he made a bad decision.

    BTW, it wasn't directed at just you - you're just the only one being a sissy about it. I'm not surprised. I'm not as nice as Calfox when you want bring on your kiddy games. You were being a hypocrite about what 20-21 year old QB can drink and get arrested vrs which one cannot. That simple - sweet dreams...

  • It probably should be 1.0 but, yeah.

    WSS

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @westside-steve said:

    It probably should be 1.0 but, yeah.

    WSS

    You can't drive at 1.0 BA, because your dead.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Tiam - you can't parlay your crap into peanut butter around here.

    From the gitgo you bashed JM, and now you make excuses.

    Yeah, a lot of kids in college drink, most of us did to whatever degree.

    But as a starting qb now for the Buckeyes, it is still very bad judgement on his

    part; it doesn't freakin change "bad judgement" into "good judgement" just because

    it's his first time. It was bad judgement for JM HIS first time.

    It's a bad idea for you to be a jerk, taimsies. Grow up a tad, perhaps?

  • @westside-steve said:

    It probably should be 1.0 but, yeah.

    WSS

    You can't drive at 1.0 BA, because your dead.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @falcon7 said:

    You can't drive at 1.0 BA, because your dead.

    Sorry, .10.

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not going to read your entire post, Flugs. But if you honestly believe this is the stance I'd take simply because he's a Buckeye... Well, then suck one.

    Barely over the limit. First offense. By all accounts an upstanding young man that didn't feel like her was impaired enough to not drive.

    Compared to.....Say, Johnnys history in college?

    You're right, it was a bad idea to interject on my post. Worse idea to claim it wasn't 'directed at just me'.

    I got your suck one right here! That nonsense above comes from the same guy who was in a thread full of people discussing Joey Bosa playing down to inferior competition and when I chimed in to add he's also been suspended so there's red flags - guess who decided to ask me "what red flags?" I know how you can be with your Buckeye double standards especially when you want to tell everyone it's okay to drink and drive if you play for Ohio State. Barrett got arrested because he made a bad decision.

    BTW, it wasn't directed at just you - you're just the only one being a sissy about it. I'm not surprised. I'm not as nice as Calfox when you want bring on your kiddy games. You were being a hypocrite about what 20-21 year old QB can drink and get arrested vrs which one cannot. That simple - sweet dreams...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #33

    @flugel said:

    I got your suck one right here! That nonsense above comes from the same guy who was in a thread full of people discussing Joey Bosa playing down to inferior competition and when I chimed in to add he's also been suspended so there's red flags - guess who decided to ask me "what red flags?" I know how you can be with your Buckeye double standards especially when you want to tell everyone it's okay to drink and drive if you play for Ohio State. Barrett got arrested because he made a bad decision.

    BTW, it wasn't directed at just you - you're just the only one being a sissy about it. I'm not surprised. I'm not as nice as Calfox when you want bring on your kiddy games. You were being a hypocrite about what 20-21 year old QB can drink and get arrested vrs which one cannot. That simple - sweet dreams...

    In what way was Joey playing down to inferior competition? Per CFF he's the top graded DE against the run AND pass. While consistently drawing the attention of the opposing Oline/TE's and backs. He's dominated his inferior competition, what more do you want?

    Also, you have NO comparative reference on this board for anything that I've said about any other 20-21 year old QB's. Maybe aside from Manziel who clearly has/had a history of substance abuse and the persona to accompany it.

    I won't hold it against any young, star college player to get into a little trouble. ALL kids eventually do. Again, I drank waaaaay more than JT when I was his age. I'd be shocked and a little worried when someone 'doesn't get into a small amount of trouble. One more time, it doesn't absolve JT of his wrong doings. However I'm willing to say, take the punishment, admit the fault and move on. Compared to domestic violence, rape, driving WAAAAYY over the legal limit, being combative with police ( he fully cooperated, didn't even refuse the test) and the multitude of things college players have been accused or caught doing.... this is beyond minor.

    All that needs to be said is for JT to not snowball bad decisions throughout his life. Which, he has no history of showing he's done.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Tiam - you can't parlay your crap into peanut butter around here.

    From the gitgo you bashed JM, and now you make excuses.

    Yeah, a lot of kids in college drink, most of us did to whatever degree.

    But as a starting qb now for the Buckeyes, it is still very bad judgement on his

    part; it doesn't freakin change "bad judgement" into "good judgement" just because

    it's his first time. It was bad judgement for JM HIS first time.

    It's a bad idea for you to be a jerk, taimsies. Grow up a tad, perhaps?

    I see you chime in when you think you have help arguing a point, dickweed.

    Whenever did I say it wasn't bad judgement on JT's part? Please, find the reference from ANY of my posts.

    Also, you quoted 'bad judgement into good judgement' as if its something I've said at any time. Which, I have not.

    I'd love for you to find where I've said anything remotely close.

    Barrett made his mistake, the first one of its kind from what most anyone can tell. He has zero history or rumors of him with substance abuse or ego issues.. Unlike the folk hero that JFF has been.

    So yeah, I was hard on Johnny. Rightfully so, he carried his bullshit from highschool, throughout college, into the pro's then straight into rehab.

    Get the fuck back to me when JT has done ANYTHING remotely similar. Until then you're just looking to make an argument against

    me in which you cannot win. Stick to the Poli forum, sweetheart. Your rantings are much more welcomed there.

  • I'm not going to read your entire post, Flugs. But if you honestly believe this is the stance I'd take simply because he's a Buckeye... Well, then suck one.

    Barely over the limit. First offense. By all accounts an upstanding young man that didn't feel like her was impaired enough to not drive.

    Compared to.....Say, Johnnys history in college?

    You're right, it was a bad idea to interject on my post. Worse idea to claim it wasn't 'directed at just me'.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not going to read your entire post, Flugs. But if you honestly believe this is the stance I'd take simply because he's a Buckeye... Well, then suck one.

    Barely over the limit. First offense. By all accounts an upstanding young man that didn't feel like her was impaired enough to not drive.

    Compared to.....Say, Johnnys history in college?

    You're right, it was a bad idea to interject on my post. Worse idea to claim it wasn't 'directed at just me'.

    Suck this bitch.

  • @flugel said:

    I got your suck one right here! That nonsense above comes from the same guy who was in a thread full of people discussing Joey Bosa playing down to inferior competition and when I chimed in to add he's also been suspended so there's red flags - guess who decided to ask me "what red flags?" I know how you can be with your Buckeye double standards especially when you want to tell everyone it's okay to drink and drive if you play for Ohio State. Barrett got arrested because he made a bad decision.

    BTW, it wasn't directed at just you - you're just the only one being a sissy about it. I'm not surprised. I'm not as nice as Calfox when you want bring on your kiddy games. You were being a hypocrite about what 20-21 year old QB can drink and get arrested vrs which one cannot. That simple - sweet dreams...

    In what way was Joey playing down to inferior competition? Per CFF he's the top graded DE against the run AND pass. While consistently drawing the attention of the opposing Oline/TE's and backs. He's dominated his inferior competition, what more do you want?

    Also, you have NO comparative reference on this board for anything that I've said about any other 20-21 year old QB's. Maybe aside from Manziel who clearly has/had a history of substance abuse and the persona to accompany it.

    I won't hold it against any young, star college player to get into a little trouble. ALL kids eventually do. Again, I drank waaaaay more than JT when I was his age. I'd be shocked and a little worried when someone 'doesn't get into a small amount of trouble. One more time, it doesn't absolve JT of his wrong doings. However I'm willing to say, take the punishment, admit the fault and move on. Compared to domestic violence, rape, driving WAAAAYY over the legal limit, being combative with police ( he fully cooperated, didn't even refuse the test) and the multitude of things college players have been accused or caught doing.... this is beyond minor.

    All that needs to be said is for JT to not snowball bad decisions throughout his life. Which, he has no history of showing he's done.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Tiam - you can't parlay your crap into peanut butter around here.

    From the gitgo you bashed JM, and now you make excuses.

    Yeah, a lot of kids in college drink, most of us did to whatever degree.

    But as a starting qb now for the Buckeyes, it is still very bad judgement on his

    part; it doesn't freakin change "bad judgement" into "good judgement" just because

    it's his first time. It was bad judgement for JM HIS first time.

    It's a bad idea for you to be a jerk, taimsies. Grow up a tad, perhaps?

    I see you chime in when you think you have help arguing a point, dickweed.

    Whenever did I say it wasn't bad judgement on JT's part? Please, find the reference from ANY of my posts.

    Also, you quoted 'bad judgement into good judgement' as if its something I've said at any time. Which, I have not.

    I'd love for you to find where I've said anything remotely close.

    Barrett made his mistake, the first one of its kind from what most anyone can tell. He has zero history or rumors of him with substance abuse or ego issues.. Unlike the folk hero that JFF has been.

    So yeah, I was hard on Johnny. Rightfully so, he carried his bullshit from highschool, throughout college, into the pro's then straight into rehab.

    Get the fuck back to me when JT has done ANYTHING remotely similar. Until then you're just looking to make an argument against

    me in which you cannot win. Stick to the Poli forum, sweetheart. Your rantings are much more welcomed there.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #35

    @tiamat63 said:

    In what way was Joey playing down to inferior competition? Per CFF he's the top graded DE against the run AND pass. While consistently drawing the attention of the opposing Oline/TE's and backs. He's dominated his inferior competition, what more do you want?

    Also, you have NO comparative reference on this board for anything that I've said about any other 20-21 year old QB's. Maybe aside from Manziel

    Cybil, you're the only from the thread about Bosa that wants to pretend he dominated inferior competition.

    Next? Well duh!!!!! Manziel is the Cleveland Brown in this discussion who was 21 years old when you hypersensitized a 21 year old kid that partied with 2 years of college eligibility remaining. Now that one of your Buckeyes got arrested for drinking and driving - it's all good. You're a hypocrite.

    We got it - you predicted he'd suck so you're rooting for that.

    And you're going after Cal again? And all by yourself this time? How impressive! You're an epic sissy!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    In what way was Joey playing down to inferior competition? Per CFF he's the top graded DE against the run AND pass. While consistently drawing the attention of the opposing Oline/TE's and backs. He's dominated his inferior competition, what more do you want?

    Also, you have NO comparative reference on this board for anything that I've said about any other 20-21 year old QB's. Maybe aside from Manziel

    Cybil, you're the only from the thread about Bosa that wants to pretend he dominated inferior competition.

    Next? Well duh!!!!! Manziel is the Cleveland Brown in this discussion who was 21 years old when you hypersensitized a 21 year old kid that partied with 2 years of college eligibility remaining. Now that one of your Buckeyes got arrested for drinking and driving - it's all good. You're a hypocrite.

    We got it - you predicted he'd suck so you're rooting for that.

    And you're going after Cal again? And all by yourself this time? How impressive! You're an epic sissy!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @flugel said:

    You're the only from the thread about Bosa that wants to pretend he dominated inferior competition.

    Next? Well duh!!!!! Manziel is the Cleveland Brown in this discussion who was 21 years old when you hypersensitized a 21 year old kid that partied with 2 years of college eligibility remaining. Now that one of your Buckeyes got arrested for drinking and driving - it's all good. You're a hypocrite.

    We got it - you predicted he'd suck so you're rooting for that. Go quit your day job!

    I don't have to pretend, there are stats to quantify my argument about Joey. YOU are the one that can't back up your point, homie.

    There's a difference between partying then having a persona and lifestyle that's followed you around since high school which in turn effects pretty much your entire

    approach to the game including the professional attitude one is supposed to conduct themselves with when entering the NFL.

    Johnny? Not so much any of that. I honestly don't understand how you can argue in favor of the opposite?

  • @flugel said:

    You're the only from the thread about Bosa that wants to pretend he dominated inferior competition.

    Next? Well duh!!!!! Manziel is the Cleveland Brown in this discussion who was 21 years old when you hypersensitized a 21 year old kid that partied with 2 years of college eligibility remaining. Now that one of your Buckeyes got arrested for drinking and driving - it's all good. You're a hypocrite.

    We got it - you predicted he'd suck so you're rooting for that. Go quit your day job!

    I don't have to pretend, there are stats to quantify my argument about Joey. YOU are the one that can't back up your point, homie.

    There's a difference between partying then having a persona and lifestyle that's followed you around since high school which in turn effects pretty much your entire

    approach to the game including the professional attitude one is supposed to conduct themselves with when entering the NFL.

    Johnny? Not so much any of that. I honestly don't understand how you can argue in favor of the opposite?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #37

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't have to pretend, there are stats to quantify my argument about Joey. YOU are the one that can't back up your point, homie.

    There's a difference between partying then having a persona and lifestyle that's followed you around since high school which in turn effects pretty much your entire

    approach to the game including the professional attitude one is supposed to conduct themselves with when entering the NFL.

    Johnny? Not so much any of that. I honestly don't understand how you can argue in favor of the opposite?

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #38

    I thought the same thing. Johnny never put people in harms way in this fashion.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't have to pretend, there are stats to quantify my argument about Joey. YOU are the one that can't back up your point, homie.

    There's a difference between partying then having a persona and lifestyle that's followed you around since high school which in turn effects pretty much your entire

    approach to the game including the professional attitude one is supposed to conduct themselves with when entering the NFL.

    Johnny? Not so much any of that. I honestly don't understand how you can argue in favor of the opposite?

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @flugel said:

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

  • I thought the same thing. Johnny never put people in harms way in this fashion.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @wargograw said:

    I thought the same thing. Johnny never put people in harms way in this fashion.

    Really? We're honestly meant to believe that?

  • @flugel said:

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    I'll just go ahead and guarantee Johnny set more records than Barrett. He also did it as "a RS frosh." You're on a Browns board. Support Browns.

  • @wargograw said:

    I thought the same thing. Johnny never put people in harms way in this fashion.

    Really? We're honestly meant to believe that?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tiamat63 said:

    Really? We're honestly meant to believe that?

    Yeah. I'll bet money Johnny never drove drunk, in college or here. It's an epically stupid decision.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    I'll just go ahead and guarantee Johnny set more records than Barrett. He also did it as "a RS frosh." You're on a Browns board. Support Browns.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @wargograw said:

    I'll just go ahead and guarantee Johnny set more records than Barrett. He also did it as "a RS frosh." You're on a Browns board. Support Browns.

    I'm aware he did, also...records mean shit here because Johnny is in the NFL and my argument was that his lifestyle affected his play. Most notably when he was supposed to be a professional.

    Also, don't speak to me of supporting the Browns. I won't be talked down to by an Aggie.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #44

    If you're aware he did then don't try to "one-up" me with records.

    You will when you make excuses for Buckeyes but not for Browns.

  • If you're aware he did then don't try to "one-up" me with records.

    You will when you make excuses for Buckeyes but not for Browns.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @wargograw said:

    If you're aware he did then don't try to "one-up" me with records.

    You will when you make excuses for Buckeyes but not for Browns.

    Where, where are the excuses? Nobody has pointed out any I've made. There are none.

    So, please....continue.