Skip to content

JT Barrett Arrested for OVI

The Browns Board
62 22 1.6k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't have to pretend, there are stats to quantify my argument about Joey. YOU are the one that can't back up your point, homie.

    There's a difference between partying then having a persona and lifestyle that's followed you around since high school which in turn effects pretty much your entire

    approach to the game including the professional attitude one is supposed to conduct themselves with when entering the NFL.

    Johnny? Not so much any of that. I honestly don't understand how you can argue in favor of the opposite?

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @flugel said:

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

  • I thought the same thing. Johnny never put people in harms way in this fashion.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @wargograw said:

    I thought the same thing. Johnny never put people in harms way in this fashion.

    Really? We're honestly meant to believe that?

  • @flugel said:

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    I'll just go ahead and guarantee Johnny set more records than Barrett. He also did it as "a RS frosh." You're on a Browns board. Support Browns.

  • @wargograw said:

    I thought the same thing. Johnny never put people in harms way in this fashion.

    Really? We're honestly meant to believe that?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tiamat63 said:

    Really? We're honestly meant to believe that?

    Yeah. I'll bet money Johnny never drove drunk, in college or here. It's an epically stupid decision.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    I'll just go ahead and guarantee Johnny set more records than Barrett. He also did it as "a RS frosh." You're on a Browns board. Support Browns.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @wargograw said:

    I'll just go ahead and guarantee Johnny set more records than Barrett. He also did it as "a RS frosh." You're on a Browns board. Support Browns.

    I'm aware he did, also...records mean shit here because Johnny is in the NFL and my argument was that his lifestyle affected his play. Most notably when he was supposed to be a professional.

    Also, don't speak to me of supporting the Browns. I won't be talked down to by an Aggie.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #44

    If you're aware he did then don't try to "one-up" me with records.

    You will when you make excuses for Buckeyes but not for Browns.

  • If you're aware he did then don't try to "one-up" me with records.

    You will when you make excuses for Buckeyes but not for Browns.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @wargograw said:

    If you're aware he did then don't try to "one-up" me with records.

    You will when you make excuses for Buckeyes but not for Browns.

    Where, where are the excuses? Nobody has pointed out any I've made. There are none.

    So, please....continue.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #46

    You've made a bunch. You're rationalizing drunk driving.

  • @flugel said:

    Johnny won the Heisman and BEAT the National Champions coached by Saban on their home crib as a Freshman if partying was really killing performance. And you have no stats to back you as expected but I'll invite everyone reading to check out the Bosa thread to see where most people stood about him vrs your OSU blinders.

    One thing you keep blindsiding yourself with is the Cleveland Browns drafted Manziel. Are you on a Cleveland Browns Board rooting against him for your predictions? Good for you! Epic achievement in your life. Thatta boy! And how many laws did Barrett break one or two? Is the drinking age in Ohio under 21?

    I'll one up you, JT set the B1G record for total offense, tOSU record for TD passes and offense and helped carry his team to national championship prominence before Cardale had to take over. Did it all without the media attention that Johnny had. Also as a RS frosh.

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #47

    @tiamat63 said:

    What the fucking fuck are you talking about with no stats? Did you want me to link you the CFF stat page for Bosa? I can.

    I'll gladly invite everyone to check out that thread, then go watch some tape. Pretty sure I'll look like the smarter one of the two here.

    Never mind. You seem a way too incoherent to handle something as easy as getting Bosa's stats. There were a lot guys in that thread that posted they weren't seeing the Joey Bosa they expected; but you only had eyes for me as usual. Go check it out. You were the only one in that thread wondering where the red flags were. I never got the sense you looked like the smartest one in that room at all. I just saw somebody that wanted to be the next SnoopDog with a youth football handbook.

    Not to worry, I got Joey's first 5 opponents you didn't want to find. As you can see, he failed to dominate. This is inclusive of the suspension you need to dismiss. Let me know where this slam dunks gotta have top 5 pick with the zero red flags:

    DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

    9/7 @Virginia Tech W 42-24 No statistics available. Suspended.

    9/12 Hawaii W 38-0 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/19 Northern Illinois W 20-13 6 4 2 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/26 Western Michigan W 38-12 5 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

    10/3 @Indiana W 34-27 6 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

    He got a half a sack vrs a sorority and you needed to change your underwear?

  • You've made a bunch. You're rationalizing drunk driving.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @wargograw said:

    You've made a bunch. You're rationalizing drunk driving.

    How? Quote directly, please.

    @flugel said:

    Never mind. You seem a way too incoherent to handle something as easy as getting Bosa's stats. Not to worry, I got his first 5 opponents he failed to dominate inclusive of the suspension you need to dismiss. Let me know where this slam dunks gotta have top 5 pick with the zero red flags:

    DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD 9/7 @Virginia Tech W 42-24 No statistics available. 9/12 Hawaii W 38-0 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9/19 Northern Illinois W 20-13 6 4 2 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9/26 Western Michigan W 38-12 5 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 10/3 @Indiana W 34-27 6 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

    I guess Revis must be shitty for the lack of INT's then?

    Also, fuck your box score stats.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/27/joey-bosas-dominance-is-unmatched/

  • More college type info... but hey.

    At least he wasn't twice or three times the legal limit. .08 can feel like you're perfectly capable of driving.

    I won't hate on him for having a couple beers at 20, near 21 years old... lord knows I did plenty of that myself.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tiamat63 said:

    More college type info... but hey.

    At least he wasn't twice or three times the legal limit. .08 can feel like you're perfectly capable of driving.

    I won't hate on him for having a couple beers at 20, near 21 years old... lord knows I did plenty of that myself.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    More college type info... but hey.

    At least he wasn't twice or three times the legal limit. .08 can feel like you're perfectly capable of driving.

    I won't hate on him for having a couple beers at 20, near 21 years old... lord knows I did plenty of that myself.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #50

    @wargograw said:

    @tiamat63 said:

    More college type info... but hey.

    At least he wasn't twice or three times the legal limit. .08 can feel like you're perfectly capable of driving.

    I won't hate on him for having a couple beers at 20, near 21 years old... lord knows I did plenty of that myself.

    And? Please, continue with my next post that says it doesn't absolve him of his choice... however this post is hardly rationalizing his behavior.

    Right after my post there was an agreement that blowing .08 can feel like you're not impaired at all enough to 'not' drive, thus feeling perfectly capable.

    edit: If nobody here can tell me they've never had a couple beers and after a while felt perfectly capable of driving, all the while know of someone who's been busted for the exact same thing - please, let me know.

    It's hard to pretend that JT got behind the wheel belligerently hammered and said 'fuck it'.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not going to read your entire post, Flugs. But if you honestly believe this is the stance I'd take simply because he's a Buckeye... Well, then suck one.

    Barely over the limit. First offense. By all accounts an upstanding young man that didn't feel like her was impaired enough to not drive.

    Compared to.....Say, Johnnys history in college?

    You're right, it was a bad idea to interject on my post. Worse idea to claim it wasn't 'directed at just me'.

    Suck this bitch.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Suck this bitch.

    LOL. This fuckin' guy here.

  • @wargograw said:

    @tiamat63 said:

    More college type info... but hey.

    At least he wasn't twice or three times the legal limit. .08 can feel like you're perfectly capable of driving.

    I won't hate on him for having a couple beers at 20, near 21 years old... lord knows I did plenty of that myself.

    And? Please, continue with my next post that says it doesn't absolve him of his choice... however this post is hardly rationalizing his behavior.

    Right after my post there was an agreement that blowing .08 can feel like you're not impaired at all enough to 'not' drive, thus feeling perfectly capable.

    edit: If nobody here can tell me they've never had a couple beers and after a while felt perfectly capable of driving, all the while know of someone who's been busted for the exact same thing - please, let me know.

    It's hard to pretend that JT got behind the wheel belligerently hammered and said 'fuck it'.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @tiamat63 said:

    And? Please, continue with my next post that says it doesn't absolve him of his choice... however this post is hardly rationalizing his behavior.

    Right after my post there was an agreement that blowing .08 can feel like you're not impaired at all enough to 'not' drive, thus feeling perfectly capable.

    edit: If nobody here can tell me they've never had a couple beers and after a while felt perfectly capable of driving, all the while know of someone who's been busted for the exact same thing - please, let me know.

    It's hard to pretend that JT got behind the wheel belligerently hammered and said 'fuck it'.

    Summation of this post:

    "I'm not rationalizing.

    But really, (*insert rationalization*)"

  • @wargograw said:

    You've made a bunch. You're rationalizing drunk driving.

    How? Quote directly, please.

    @flugel said:

    Never mind. You seem a way too incoherent to handle something as easy as getting Bosa's stats. Not to worry, I got his first 5 opponents he failed to dominate inclusive of the suspension you need to dismiss. Let me know where this slam dunks gotta have top 5 pick with the zero red flags:

    DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD 9/7 @Virginia Tech W 42-24 No statistics available. 9/12 Hawaii W 38-0 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9/19 Northern Illinois W 20-13 6 4 2 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9/26 Western Michigan W 38-12 5 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 10/3 @Indiana W 34-27 6 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

    I guess Revis must be shitty for the lack of INT's then?

    Also, fuck your box score stats.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/27/joey-bosas-dominance-is-unmatched/

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #53

    @tiamat63 said:

    How? Quote directly, please.

    I guess Revis must be shitty for the lack of INT's then?

    Also, fuck your box score stats.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/27/joey-bosas-dominance-is-unmatched/

    Way too little too late about the first 5 games you've been dodging since the thread about Bosa. The topic I'm holding you to is dominating the inferior competition so here are those first 5 games again:

    DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

    9/7 @Virginia Tech W 42-24 No statistics available. Suspended.

    9/12 Hawaii W 38-0 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/19 Northern Illinois W 20-13 6 4 2 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/26 Western Michigan W 38-12 5 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

    10/3 @Indiana W 34-27 6 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

    He got a half a sack vrs a sorority and you needed to change your underwear?

    Any more F-bombs to remind us how good you're feeling about your point?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    How? Quote directly, please.

    I guess Revis must be shitty for the lack of INT's then?

    Also, fuck your box score stats.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/27/joey-bosas-dominance-is-unmatched/

    Way too little too late about the first 5 games you've been dodging since the thread about Bosa. The topic I'm holding you to is dominating the inferior competition so here are those first 5 games again:

    DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

    9/7 @Virginia Tech W 42-24 No statistics available. Suspended.

    9/12 Hawaii W 38-0 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/19 Northern Illinois W 20-13 6 4 2 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/26 Western Michigan W 38-12 5 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

    10/3 @Indiana W 34-27 6 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

    He got a half a sack vrs a sorority and you needed to change your underwear?

    Any more F-bombs to remind us how good you're feeling about your point?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @flugel said:

    Way too little too late about the first 5 games you've been didging since the thread about Bosa so here they are again:

    DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

    9/7 @Virginia Tech W 42-24 No statistics available. Suspended.

    9/12 Hawaii W 38-0 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/19 Northern Illinois W 20-13 6 4 2 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/26 Western Michigan W 38-12 5 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

    10/3 @Indiana W 34-27 6 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

    He got a half a sack vrs a sorority and you needed to change your underwear?

    So what you're saying is your didn't check out his per play grades at PFF?

    Cool, then clearly there's zero point in this back n forth because I see the box score stats. Then the per play grades are by far better.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    And? Please, continue with my next post that says it doesn't absolve him of his choice... however this post is hardly rationalizing his behavior.

    Right after my post there was an agreement that blowing .08 can feel like you're not impaired at all enough to 'not' drive, thus feeling perfectly capable.

    edit: If nobody here can tell me they've never had a couple beers and after a while felt perfectly capable of driving, all the while know of someone who's been busted for the exact same thing - please, let me know.

    It's hard to pretend that JT got behind the wheel belligerently hammered and said 'fuck it'.

    Summation of this post:

    "I'm not rationalizing.

    But really, (*insert rationalization*)"

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @wargograw said:

    Summation of this post:

    "I'm not rationalizing.

    But really, (*insert rationalization*)"

    Rationalizing would be to excuse the behavior and disagree with the suspension.

    Of which I've done neither.

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Can we close this fucking thread yet? It's pointless...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Really? We're honestly meant to believe that?

    Yeah. I'll bet money Johnny never drove drunk, in college or here. It's an epically stupid decision.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah. I'll bet money Johnny never drove drunk, in college or here. It's an epically stupid decision.

    That's not something I would be money on...

  • @flugel said:

    Way too little too late about the first 5 games you've been didging since the thread about Bosa so here they are again:

    DATE OPP RESULT TOT SOLO AST SACK FF INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

    9/7 @Virginia Tech W 42-24 No statistics available. Suspended.

    9/12 Hawaii W 38-0 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/19 Northern Illinois W 20-13 6 4 2 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    9/26 Western Michigan W 38-12 5 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

    10/3 @Indiana W 34-27 6 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

    He got a half a sack vrs a sorority and you needed to change your underwear?

    So what you're saying is your didn't check out his per play grades at PFF?

    Cool, then clearly there's zero point in this back n forth because I see the box score stats. Then the per play grades are by far better.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #58

    @tiamat63 said:

    So what you're saying is your didn't check out his per play grades at PFF?

    Cool, then clearly there's zero point in this back n forth because I see the box score stats. Then the per play grades are by far better.

    At first you were going to get the stats which overwhelmed you. That never happened so I got them. Now that I got them and they aren't convenient - guess what a weasel needs to do?

    I don't let PFF interfere with my eye ball test. That's more for people that don't trust their eye ball test Mr I'll watch film with anyone at least allegedly. Did you hear what Howie Long said about these rating systems today that are designed by people that never played football? They're flawed. Blaine Bishop said on the radio last week that PFF indicated Aaron Rodgers rated out very substandard after a 5 TD pass performance a couple weeks ago - so go straighten him out too.

    Since you didn't trust anyone's eyeball test in the Bosa thread - I added stats to back those eye ball tests showing me only half a sack 5 games into Ohio State's schedule.

    Stay thirsty!