Skip to content

First time in my life I canceled my NFL Game Pass subscription

The Browns Board
29 19 1.0k
  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #19

    We may be using a trick double sided coin

  • I've been a browns fan for a long time and will continue to be a browns fan if they continue to play poorly. So Im not giving up anything. I'm actually planning a trip for one of the final games of the year. I try to make at least one game a year in person.

    One thing I keep pointing out is, despite what it seems like, it is VERY LIKELY that things will turn around in the next few years. That's the nature of the nfl. It hasn't been the nature of our franchise, but that's an anomaly. Its like if you flip a coin 12 times and 11 times its heads. Does that mean something is different about the coin? No....it just means that's really really strange luck. The chances are that the next 12 times you flip it you are going to get between 3 and 9 heads....

    The browns are the same way. That's why people saying "gotta stick with pettine because of continuity" are wrong. The browns haven't sucked because they haven't given morons more time than other nfl franchises give their moron coaches before firing them. The browns have sucked continuously because they just happen to fall at one end of the extreme spectrum for being bad without variance. The patriots are at the other end(except in that case you have a more identifiable reason for the extreme as opposed to luck)......

    I expect that after we get rid of this dumbass hc in charge who can't get very simple game mgt issues right and is so clearly a complete and total waste of space on an nfl sidelines, that things will start to look up eventually. And that's what we should all want as browns fans- to get going in the right direction. The guy is a moron who nobody wanted and should have never been an nfl head coach in the first place. And after this season he will thankfully never get that chance again.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tacosman said:

    I expect that after we get rid of this dumbass hc in charge who can't get very simple game mgt issues right and is so clearly a complete and total waste of space on an nfl sidelines, that things will start to look up eventually. And that's what we should all want as browns fans- to get going in the right direction. The guy is a moron who nobody wanted and should have never been an nfl head coach in the first place. And after this season he will thankfully never get that chance again.

    Since you spew the same message over and over and over and over again. Who do you want to be the head coach? Who is going to magically take this bunch of players who aren't that talented to begin with and suddenly start winning with them. Since its the coaches fault for playing conservative with 90 seconds left in the half and the ball at their own 10 yard line, how does the defense get a total pass for letting the Cardinals drive the ball 40 yards in 20 seconds?

    Who do you want to be the coach...

  • I've been a browns fan for a long time and will continue to be a browns fan if they continue to play poorly. So Im not giving up anything. I'm actually planning a trip for one of the final games of the year. I try to make at least one game a year in person.

    One thing I keep pointing out is, despite what it seems like, it is VERY LIKELY that things will turn around in the next few years. That's the nature of the nfl. It hasn't been the nature of our franchise, but that's an anomaly. Its like if you flip a coin 12 times and 11 times its heads. Does that mean something is different about the coin? No....it just means that's really really strange luck. The chances are that the next 12 times you flip it you are going to get between 3 and 9 heads....

    The browns are the same way. That's why people saying "gotta stick with pettine because of continuity" are wrong. The browns haven't sucked because they haven't given morons more time than other nfl franchises give their moron coaches before firing them. The browns have sucked continuously because they just happen to fall at one end of the extreme spectrum for being bad without variance. The patriots are at the other end(except in that case you have a more identifiable reason for the extreme as opposed to luck)......

    I expect that after we get rid of this dumbass hc in charge who can't get very simple game mgt issues right and is so clearly a complete and total waste of space on an nfl sidelines, that things will start to look up eventually. And that's what we should all want as browns fans- to get going in the right direction. The guy is a moron who nobody wanted and should have never been an nfl head coach in the first place. And after this season he will thankfully never get that chance again.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tacosman said:

    I've been a browns fan for a long time and will continue to be a browns fan if they continue to play poorly. So Im not giving up anything. I'm actually planning a trip for one of the final games of the year. I try to make at least one game a year in person.

    One thing I keep pointing out is, despite what it seems like, it is VERY LIKELY that things will turn around in the next few years. That's the nature of the nfl. It hasn't been the nature of our franchise, but that's an anomaly. Its like if you flip a coin 12 times and 11 times its heads.

    My Uncle passed away and in his will, passed his season tickets on to me. I'm just as frustrated as anybody, but I'm sticking it out. After the Oakland game, I was considering not renewing the season tickets, but I'm going to stick it out and renew for the same logic you just wrote about.

    This is like some kind of horror show- bad drafts, bad game plans, bad luck, bad ref calls, bad football. We talk about "since 1999," but it actually goes back to when Modell bought the Browns and ended up canning Paul Brown....only 21 winning seasons since 1963, only 3 since 1994.

    I might be a fool, but I figure I might actually be one of the happiest people alive whenever we turn this thing around. I admit, I really did think it was going to be this season (since we lead the division late last year). This is one of the most disappointing seasons in my fandom of 45 years, it totally blows.

  • T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Lots of good coordinators out there, but #1 on my list may be sean McDermott......

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I'm in the 34217...

    I'm waiting for the Browns to give me a reason to buy NFL ticket..

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #24

    They suck, yes.

    But keep in mind that it takes everything being right for the team to win..

    Andrew Luck... sucks. Never thought I'd say that.. but Colts have a first-rounder at every O skill position, and this entire season have done just enough to barely lose. Also, too: the Lions. QB, WR aren't the savior... it has to be everything, all at once.

  • They suck, yes.

    But keep in mind that it takes everything being right for the team to win..

    Andrew Luck... sucks. Never thought I'd say that.. but Colts have a first-rounder at every O skill position, and this entire season have done just enough to barely lose. Also, too: the Lions. QB, WR aren't the savior... it has to be everything, all at once.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #25

    @unsympathetic said:

    They suck, yes.

    But keep in mind that it takes everything being right for the team to win..

    Andrew Luck... sucks.....Colts....Lions....

    .....Chargers....Bills....Cowboys......Texans.....Ravens......Eagles.....etc.......all playing below expectations.....(so they should fire all their staffs too, please)

    Look....I think a big part of the frustration this year is that we actually had higher expectations.....why?.....because we all felt the team HAD gotten better.....that we DID add better players.....and we DID improve during the off season.....and we DID get better last year......so, we all saw it and hoped for a good season.....just like some of the teams listed above....

    BUT....Id also say that NO ONE expected a playoff team....like the Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Ravens and Lions did.....

    So....yeah Im disappointed.....feel a bit let down(mostly by the players)....and expected better....but I can also see that its not just the Browns....its just how things go in the NFL sometimes....

    and, after we all PROMISED we'd give this staff a fighting chance(and most said give them 2-4 years MINIMUM), we are now doing EXACTLY what we said we wouldnt do.....screaming to cut them loose after 1-1/2 years.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT MOST SCREAMED WAS HURTING THIS TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....

    That is.....a complete lack of patience because weve been waiting 15 years....so, lets fire them again and start over again because it has proven(over the last 15 yrs) to be the right answer.....every single time

    Ill add, no matter how poorly they are playing, I would say this is the best team we've had since the return and the first one to actually have higher expectations.....so, while they're are meeting them yet, I can see improvement where there hasnt been any for a loooong time.....

  • T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #26

    anyone who says give any nfl organization 4 years minimum is insane.......well, maybe 4 years minimum if you don't have a stadium or a franchise yet:)

    as I said before, thats simply not the makeup of the nfl today. Any 4-5 year rebuild is essentially by definition going to turn itself over at most positions from start to that end point. Except at qb and maybe a few other positions(and if those players pan out, you are going to be using up a lot of your cap anyways if you keep them longer).....

    In the nfl today teams can go from 'very bad' to being pretty good and being on the upswing in less than 2 years. Sometimes even much less. It's the nature of the league now. College football is a bit different because you have signing classes that build momentum on one another and recruiting contacts and things like that; in the nfl, there is the draft and free agency. And the turnover in each of these(except at the qb position mostly) is insanely high.

    So you guys who act like 'rebuilding' is some sort of slow brick by brick by brick process in the nfl today DONT GET THE NATURE OF THE NFL TODAY.

    Look at the seahawks. They went from missing the playoffs to being about the best team in the league *by the end*(not the whole season) of 2012 and then when the middle of 2013 hit they were the best team in the league. So they went from under .500 to best team in the league in a year and a half. Yeah bringing in a new qb helped, but he wasnt the most important factor and he was a third rounder. Countless examples of that. The 49ers a few years before had a culture change and went from missing playoffs and being one of the worst teams in the league to being one of the best. Again in about a year, and then the super bowl in 2.

    And the fall can be just a quick....within a year or within 18 months.

    This isn't college football people...the margins and difference between 'good' and 'bad' just arent that great. You can turn things around quickly, or fall off quickly. Anyone who believes we should keep pettine because the nfl operates in 4 and 5 year rebuilding windows is fucking high or naive.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    They suck, yes.

    But keep in mind that it takes everything being right for the team to win..

    Andrew Luck... sucks.....Colts....Lions....

    .....Chargers....Bills....Cowboys......Texans.....Ravens......Eagles.....etc.......all playing below expectations.....(so they should fire all their staffs too, please)

    Look....I think a big part of the frustration this year is that we actually had higher expectations.....why?.....because we all felt the team HAD gotten better.....that we DID add better players.....and we DID improve during the off season.....and we DID get better last year......so, we all saw it and hoped for a good season.....just like some of the teams listed above....

    BUT....Id also say that NO ONE expected a playoff team....like the Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Ravens and Lions did.....

    So....yeah Im disappointed.....feel a bit let down(mostly by the players)....and expected better....but I can also see that its not just the Browns....its just how things go in the NFL sometimes....

    and, after we all PROMISED we'd give this staff a fighting chance(and most said give them 2-4 years MINIMUM), we are now doing EXACTLY what we said we wouldnt do.....screaming to cut them loose after 1-1/2 years.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT MOST SCREAMED WAS HURTING THIS TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....

    That is.....a complete lack of patience because weve been waiting 15 years....so, lets fire them again and start over again because it has proven(over the last 15 yrs) to be the right answer.....every single time

    Ill add, no matter how poorly they are playing, I would say this is the best team we've had since the return and the first one to actually have higher expectations.....so, while they're are meeting them yet, I can see improvement where there hasnt been any for a loooong time.....

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mudfly said:

    .....Chargers....Bills....Cowboys......Texans.....Ravens......Eagles.....etc.......all playing below expectations.....(so they should fire all their staffs too, please)

    Look....I think a big part of the frustration this year is that we actually had higher expectations.....why?.....because we all felt the team HAD gotten better.....that we DID add better players.....and we DID improve during the off season.....and we DID get better last year......so, we all saw it and hoped for a good season.....just like some of the teams listed above....

    BUT....Id also say that NO ONE expected a playoff team....like the Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Ravens and Lions did.....

    So....yeah Im disappointed.....feel a bit let down(mostly by the players)....and expected better....but I can also see that its not just the Browns....its just how things go in the NFL sometimes....

    and, after we all PROMISED we'd give this staff a fighting chance(and most said give them 2-4 years MINIMUM), we are now doing EXACTLY what we said we wouldnt do.....screaming to cut them loose after 1-1/2 years.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT MOST SCREAMED WAS HURTING THIS TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....

    That is.....a complete lack of patience because weve been waiting 15 years....so, lets fire them again and start over again because it has proven(over the last 15 yrs) to be the right answer.....every single time

    Ill add, no matter how poorly they are playing, I would say this is the best team we've had since the return and the first one to actually have higher expectations.....so, while they're are meeting them yet, I can see improvement where there hasnt been any for a loooong time.....

    @mudfly said:

    .....Chargers....Bills....Cowboys......Texans.....Ravens......Eagles.....etc.......all playing below expectations.....(so they should fire all their staffs too, please)

    Look....I think a big part of the frustration this year is that we actually had higher expectations.....why?.....because we all felt the team HAD gotten better.....that we DID add better players.....and we DID improve during the off season.....and we DID get better last year......so, we all saw it and hoped for a good season.....just like some of the teams listed above....

    BUT....Id also say that NO ONE expected a playoff team....like the Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Ravens and Lions did.....

    So....yeah Im disappointed.....feel a bit let down(mostly by the players)....and expected better....but I can also see that its not just the Browns....its just how things go in the NFL sometimes....

    and, after we all PROMISED we'd give this staff a fighting chance(and most said give them 2-4 years MINIMUM), we are now doing EXACTLY what we said we wouldnt do.....screaming to cut them loose after 1-1/2 years.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT MOST SCREAMED WAS HURTING THIS TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....

    That is.....a complete lack of patience because weve been waiting 15 years....so, lets fire them again and start over again because it has proven(over the last 15 yrs) to be the right answer.....every single time

    Ill add, no matter how poorly they are playing, I would say this is the best team we've had since the return and the first one to actually have higher expectations.....so, while they're are meeting them yet, I can see improvement where there hasnt been any for a loooong time.....

    i think you should wait until the end of the season to determine the improvement part. Because if they end up 2-14, 3-13, then you are wrong. The only way you can say we improved is if maybe we can do the opposite of last yr and that is going on some kind of winning streak instead of the downward spiral that took place last yr into this yr. Right now, we are not improved and i truly think the coaching staff would admit that also...

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I am a social worker and a family man, which means like many of us, I'm pinching pennies and watching my spending. The Sunday Ticket is literally the only thing that I selfishly spend money on, and every Sunday I wake up giddy and can't wait to sit down on my couch which my Browns stuff and watch the game. Well, it used to be that way. The excitement is gone, and it's been gone for the last month or so. I get the feeling that our coach will be fired very soon (see Whisenhunt), our GM is right behind him, and we will literally be starting over...again. How can I stay excited? What possible explanation can be given as to why we are so bad, when we largely have the same team as last year? And then the ultimate question? If/When Pettine DOES get canned, who in the HELL is going to coach this team?

    What makes me the most sad is that we're terrible right now...simply AWFUL...but...but...I have a sinking feeling that it's going to get worse. Way worse. Look at our schedule. How many wins do you see? I don't want to slam Manziel because I don't think I have enough of a sample size, but if I was a betting man, I'd say that his future is bleak. If he was really GOOD, don't you think Pettine would've put him in earlier to save his ass? We could be looking at a 3 or 4 win season, folks. That'll be good enough for a top 5 pick, and the talent in the upcoming draft is pretty miserable. I don't see a Jamies Winston type that we can pick to save our team. So next year could look a lot like this year. My only hope for next year, and please don't laugh because I realize how slim it is, but my only hope for next year is that Manziel works out to be a solid starter and Gordon somehow gets it together.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    They suck, yes.

    But keep in mind that it takes everything being right for the team to win..

    Andrew Luck... sucks.....Colts....Lions....

    .....Chargers....Bills....Cowboys......Texans.....Ravens......Eagles.....etc.......all playing below expectations.....(so they should fire all their staffs too, please)

    Look....I think a big part of the frustration this year is that we actually had higher expectations.....why?.....because we all felt the team HAD gotten better.....that we DID add better players.....and we DID improve during the off season.....and we DID get better last year......so, we all saw it and hoped for a good season.....just like some of the teams listed above....

    BUT....Id also say that NO ONE expected a playoff team....like the Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Ravens and Lions did.....

    So....yeah Im disappointed.....feel a bit let down(mostly by the players)....and expected better....but I can also see that its not just the Browns....its just how things go in the NFL sometimes....

    and, after we all PROMISED we'd give this staff a fighting chance(and most said give them 2-4 years MINIMUM), we are now doing EXACTLY what we said we wouldnt do.....screaming to cut them loose after 1-1/2 years.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT MOST SCREAMED WAS HURTING THIS TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....

    That is.....a complete lack of patience because weve been waiting 15 years....so, lets fire them again and start over again because it has proven(over the last 15 yrs) to be the right answer.....every single time

    Ill add, no matter how poorly they are playing, I would say this is the best team we've had since the return and the first one to actually have higher expectations.....so, while they're are meeting them yet, I can see improvement where there hasnt been any for a loooong time.....

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @mudfly said:

    .....Chargers....Bills....Cowboys......Texans.....Ravens......Eagles.....etc.......all playing below expectations.....(so they should fire all their staffs too, please)

    Look....I think a big part of the frustration this year is that we actually had higher expectations.....why?.....because we all felt the team HAD gotten better.....that we DID add better players.....and we DID improve during the off season.....and we DID get better last year......so, we all saw it and hoped for a good season.....just like some of the teams listed above....

    BUT....Id also say that NO ONE expected a playoff team....like the Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Ravens and Lions did.....

    So....yeah Im disappointed.....feel a bit let down(mostly by the players)....and expected better....but I can also see that its not just the Browns....its just how things go in the NFL sometimes....

    and, after we all PROMISED we'd give this staff a fighting chance(and most said give them 2-4 years MINIMUM), we are now doing EXACTLY what we said we wouldnt do.....screaming to cut them loose after 1-1/2 years.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT MOST SCREAMED WAS HURTING THIS TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....

    That is.....a complete lack of patience because weve been waiting 15 years....so, lets fire them again and start over again because it has proven(over the last 15 yrs) to be the right answer.....every single time

    Ill add, no matter how poorly they are playing, I would say this is the best team we've had since the return and the first one to actually have higher expectations.....so, while they're are meeting them yet, I can see improvement where there hasnt been any for a loooong time.....

    ^THIS!

    thank someone above that we still have clear-minded people on this board even though the place is on fire.