Free agents
-
We're half way through the season, and we're starting to get a good idea of who is contributing to the team and who isn't, especially as it pertains to free agents. And wouldn't you know, some of our best performers are free agents at the end of the season. Making it even murkier is the fact that some will be coming off of just a single productive year. Who would you keep?
Tashaun GipsonCraig RobertsonRobert HouslerMitchell SchwartzJohnson BademosiGary BarnidgeTravis BenjaminScott SolomonAustin PasztorRobert TurbinTank CarderJamie MederTravis CoonsJayson DimancheAlex Mack - we all know the story, he can opt out, we can opt out, after this year.There's a few I'd definitely want to keep, a few LOL NO candidates and a lot in between. -
We're half way through the season, and we're starting to get a good idea of who is contributing to the team and who isn't, especially as it pertains to free agents. And wouldn't you know, some of our best performers are free agents at the end of the season. Making it even murkier is the fact that some will be coming off of just a single productive year. Who would you keep?
Tashaun GipsonCraig RobertsonRobert HouslerMitchell SchwartzJohnson BademosiGary BarnidgeTravis BenjaminScott SolomonAustin PasztorRobert TurbinTank CarderJamie MederTravis CoonsJayson DimancheAlex Mack - we all know the story, he can opt out, we can opt out, after this year.There's a few I'd definitely want to keep, a few LOL NO candidates and a lot in between.Tashaun Gipson
Maybe, probably need to see his back 8 performance.Craig RobertsonProbably keep himRobert HouslerNoMitchell SchwartzYesJohnson BademosiDoesn't matter - he's a decent depth guy but he could be easily replacedGary BarnidgeYes, but he may be looking for a pretty big overpayTravis BenjaminYesScott SolomonAustin Pasztor (maybe, but who cares he's a back up scrub*)Robert TurbinTank CarderJamie MederNoTravis CoonsYesJayson DimancheNoAlex Mack - we all know the story, he can opt out, we can opt out, after this year.Probably not -
Without getting into what they cost, etc., I'd like to see these guys with the team going forward:
Tashaun GipsonCraig RobertsonRobert HouslerMitchell SchwartzJohnson BademosiGary BarnidgeTravis BenjaminScott SolomonAustin PasztorRobert TurbinTank CarderJamie MederTravis CoonsJayson DimancheThe rest ... if it is a good deal for us, keep them, if not, see ya.Zombo -
Chris... did you make up a couple of those names just to see if someone would want to keep them?
Price matters... I see only 2 names I would consider giving sizeable contracts to... Gip and Mitch.
With Gip's injury history the contract would have to be reasonably incentive heavy with correspondingly reduced guaranteed money. I believe you build D inside-out, so FS is a position in which I invest.
With Mitch's injury history you guarantee a high percentage to keep the total price down. And there's another history to consider... improving every year he's been here.
The rest are all a matter of price... even Benji, even Barn... but I give them a little priority along with Coons.
-
I like Meder actually because he went to Valley Forge HS, talent wise I'm not so sure but he's from the area.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login