Skip to content

Joe Thomas

The Browns Board
180 46 5.9k
  • @baconhound said:

    The Browns are the organization who franchised tag their fucking kicker twice.

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Dawson is probably wishing he had never left.

    not really, at least he played in a superbowl...his career is just about done anyway and if he was still here, he never would have stepped foot on a superbowl turf.

  • Florio calling Thomas out on a secretive deal that never transpired?

    I call bullshit on Florio....again.

  • His tweet doesn't make much sense. Sounds like Thomas found out about the trade after the fact. Still a whole bunch of nothing.

    @RapSheet: And when Joe Thomas learned he was nearly traded to #Broncos, his agents smartly asked for guaranteed $ in ’16 and ’17 to remain in Denver.

  • agents also try to make the best deals possible, he may not have been even aware of what his agent was trying to get

  • I suspect this had more to do with his agents negotiating for him with carte blanche powers, i.e. did not have to keep him fully informed, just look out for his best interest. That is not unusual at all.

    LOL-Just now saw your response above.

  • Right....I see speculation on 2 separate issues here....

    1) Did he "ask" to be traded??....In the middle of the season?....I dont believe that for a minute......

    2) Did he demand guaranteed money?......how?.....he's under contract, if the Browns want to trade him, then they trade him(and his contract). He should have no say. And if he did have say, then demanded higher dollars and guarantees, isnt it possible he was just making things hard to accomplish....

    I mean.....if he wanted out so bad.....then WHY make it hard for Denver to agree.....makes no sense at all.....

  • I'd believe anything really concerning this football team. With homeless guy drafting and textgate, are you really shocked? If he wants out so what. Lebron left and most got over it. This team stinks and he's tired of the bullshit and losing. I hope wins a super bowl before he retires because he's a hard worker and seems like a good human being. How would you like to be the best tackle in the league, on a team that can't fucking sniff the postseason? Please tell me.

  • It's bullshit. The national media knows next to zero about the Browns, and could care less about the Browns.

    It's now fashionable to prop up the favorites/front runners. There is no "underdog" mentality anymore. It's sickening.

    The national media likes to debate if guys like Peyton Manning, LeBron James, Phil Mickelson are "winners." They go as far as stating Tom Coughlin isn't a good coach, stuff like that.

    Don't buy into these national media "sources," they don't know nearly as much as the local folks who cover the team(s) on a daily basis.

  • I'd believe anything really concerning this football team. With homeless guy drafting and textgate, are you really shocked? If he wants out so what. Lebron left and most got over it. This team stinks and he's tired of the bullshit and losing. I hope wins a super bowl before he retires because he's a hard worker and seems like a good human being. How would you like to be the best tackle in the league, on a team that can't fucking sniff the postseason? Please tell me.

    @letsgojackets said:

    I'd believe anything really concerning this football team. With homeless guy drafting and textgate, are you really shocked? If he wants out so what. Lebron left and most got over it. This team stinks and he's tired of the bullshit and losing. I hope wins a super bowl before he retires because he's a hard worker and seems like a good human being. How would you like to be the best tackle in the league, on a team that can't fucking sniff the postseason? Please tell me.

    If this is the case....then why didnt he agree to go?.....

  • @letsgojackets said:

    I'd believe anything really concerning this football team. With homeless guy drafting and textgate, are you really shocked? If he wants out so what. Lebron left and most got over it. This team stinks and he's tired of the bullshit and losing. I hope wins a super bowl before he retires because he's a hard worker and seems like a good human being. How would you like to be the best tackle in the league, on a team that can't fucking sniff the postseason? Please tell me.

    If this is the case....then why didnt he agree to go?.....

    @mudfly said:

    If this is the case....then why didnt he agree to go?.....

    Lol well if you believe it was the last two years of guaranteed money?

  • I dont get it I guess.....

    He wants to leave?...and play for a winner?.....but when he gets his wish, he demands more?....making the deal null?....

    OK.....

  • I dont get it I guess.....

    He wants to leave?...and play for a winner?.....but when he gets his wish, he demands more?....making the deal null?....

    OK.....

    @mudfly said:

    I dont get it I guess.....

    He wants to leave?...and play for a winner?.....but when he gets his wish, he demands more?....making the deal null?....

    OK.....

    You got a point. Who do we call bullshit on again?

  • Well....if its me......Joe Thomas seems to have impeccable character and hes our guy.....

    So, Id stand by him before I stood with Florio or Rappaport.....

  • People thought Jim Thome had character to remember his i want stay in clecveland speeches then he bolted maybe thomas is just like thome

  • OK.....so since Jim Thome decided to leave, that means Joe Thomas is a low character guy?......

    Thats some brilliant logic right there......

    maybe he's like anybody.....and everybody.....Joe Charboneau drank beer thru his nose, does that mean Thomas does too?

  • Pitiful - some people will go to such goofy lengths to get attention

    as would be sportswriters...

  • I guess I'm different. I believe it. Joe's a competitor and any competitor worth his weight wants to win, and if that trait isn't deeply rooted in Joe, then we have another problem to add to the pile.

  • @MaryKayCabot: Re:@RapSheet report Joe Thomas asked #Browns to explore trade, been told not true, he didn't want to leave and true he would've been crushed

  • A skill player we released is making a name for himself in New England right now.

    Ghoolie, what's your point here? Joe Thomas has been on the team for eight years, dude. At this point how is he relevant to the universally horrible drafts we've had through at least three front offices?

  • No one denies skill position players arent important. Everyone knows the QB position is what controls a teams fate. The fact remains, LT is just as important as DT, DE, LB, CB, WR, RB, TE. In 2006 our QBs were destroyed. LT was a huge position of need for us. A surefire LT was there for ys in the draft. We took him and hes been one of the best in the league since. Out of all the botched picks and players who are out of the league since, why do you choose to ride JT? Hes been our best player since we drafted him. Pick someone else to pin your frustrations on.