Joe Thomas
-
If we gave up JT + a 3rd, for Denver's 1st and 2nd - I would be in the crowd of torches and pitchforks for Farmer's head.
Earlier report said we wanted 1st + Shaq Barrett, something like that is probably closer to the truth of what we would have taken for JT.
-
Zombo said:
I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.
Zombo
worked on me
-
Zombo said:
I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.
Mission accomplished...
From the other side... How does Denver quibble over our 3rd vs. our 4th?
Back on our side... How do we even consider a late first and a late second for JT and a 4th?
-
Farmer said it wasn't that close to being done....in fact, basically denied the discussion at all.
-
Zombo said:
I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.
Zombo
worked on me
-
The fact that no good sob even would consider our best player should be grounds to be canned. And I to read the headline and almost lost my lunch.
-
Honestly, I'm a little bummed that he didn't get traded to Denver or another playoff bound team.. JT has been such a great player his entire career and a class act; he deserves to win something, and he sure as shit isn't going to win with the Browns anytime soon.
In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.
-
Honestly, I'm a little bummed that he didn't get traded to Denver or another playoff bound team.. JT has been such a great player his entire career and a class act; he deserves to win something, and he sure as shit isn't going to win with the Browns anytime soon.
In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.
Honestly, I'm a little bummed that he didn't get traded to Denver or another playoff bound team.. JT has been such a great player his entire career and a class act; he deserves to win something, and he sure as shit isn't going to win with the Browns anytime soon.
In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.
The Browns have enough overall talent to be a playoff contender. They are missing a few key pieces.
The Browns problems are in the FO and coaching....not the on field talent.....except the most important position: QB
-
-
cool....didnt get done. This tells you something about what we would have given up thomas for though.....maybe denver wanted a third instead, or maybe we wanted to not give up the fourth but a 5th. Something like that.
cool....didnt get done. This tells you something about what we would have given up thomas for though.....maybe denver wanted a third instead, or maybe we wanted to not give up the fourth but a 5th. Something like that.
JT hasn't been traded, it was a premature ejaculation.
/thread
what's the difference...denver or some other team will probably get him after the season anyway and we ain't going to no playoffs just because he is still here....
-
cool....didnt get done. This tells you something about what we would have given up thomas for though.....maybe denver wanted a third instead, or maybe we wanted to not give up the fourth but a 5th. Something like that.
JT hasn't been traded, it was a premature ejaculation.
/thread
what's the difference...denver or some other team will probably get him after the season anyway and we ain't going to no playoffs just because he is still here....
He's not hurting our chances of going to the playoffs.what's the difference...denver or some other team will probably get him after the season anyway and we ain't going to no playoffs just because he is still here....
I think JT is pretty safe unless he wants out or we get a really high price for him. Denver was calling because their starting LT is on IR but our price was too high.
Their interest will be way lower in the off season.
-
Zombo said:
I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.
Mission accomplished...
From the other side... How does Denver quibble over our 3rd vs. our 4th?
Back on our side... How do we even consider a late first and a late second for JT and a 4th?
-
Zombo said:
Ya, seems kinda mean now ... I will update it.
The "NOT" helped a little...
In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.
Not everyday we get and Orwell allusion 'round these parts...
-
Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?
To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."
Mike
-
Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?
To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."
Mike
Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?
To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."
Mike
How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"
-
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
-
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.
Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)
-
I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.
I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.
Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)
I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.
Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)
Makes sense. I guess I assumed he was actively being shopped aggressively. ESPN likes to throw around assumptions lol. Good for Browns fans that the Browns stuck to their asking price.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login