My apology for my "I want Pettine gone" thread
-
-
-
Maybe we'll all feel better after we beat the Bengals and Steelers on our way to a 3-0 AFCN record.
-
-
After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
If you don't get pissed off...you don't care.After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
It's all good Mike!
-
After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
Both your angry post and this are genuine. I respect that. +1After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
-
Good job, Mr. Mike....
I knew you were really angry, so I just DIDN'T argue with you that time. LOL
-
-
If you don't get pissed off...you don't care.After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
It's all good Mike!
If you don't get pissed off...you don't care.
It's all good Mike!
This. We all get pissed off. I just keep telling myself it will be that much more rewarding
ifwhen the browns finally turn it around.. -
Welcome back from the darkside...
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the two folks who +1'd you here are not the same two who boosted your other OP...
Welcome back from the darkside...
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the two folks who +1'd you here are not the same two who boosted your other OP...
I was actually concerned that I might be perceived as a "darkside bitcher". LOL
Thanks to all for your comments. I surprised myself with how angry I became. Hell, I have survived the firing of Paul Brown, trading Warfield, drafting Phipps, the Coaching? of Romeo "we're gonna try to win a game" Crennel & others. You would think I would be immune to ALL types of snake bites, but that's what is great about this Board......There are always folks to pick you up when you trip. THANKS for the "pick me up".
Aside to Tour...."and then there were three & one did +1 on both.

Mike
-
Welcome back from the darkside...
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the two folks who +1'd you here are not the same two who boosted your other OP...
I was actually concerned that I might be perceived as a "darkside bitcher". LOL
Thanks to all for your comments. I surprised myself with how angry I became. Hell, I have survived the firing of Paul Brown, trading Warfield, drafting Phipps, the Coaching? of Romeo "we're gonna try to win a game" Crennel & others. You would think I would be immune to ALL types of snake bites, but that's what is great about this Board......There are always folks to pick you up when you trip. THANKS for the "pick me up".
Aside to Tour...."and then there were three & one did +1 on both.

Mike
I was actually concerned that I might be perceived as a "darkside bitcher". LOL
Thanks to all for your comments. I surprised myself with how angry I became. Hell, I have survived the firing of Paul Brown, trading Warfield, drafting Phipps, the Coaching? of Romeo "we're gonna try to win a game" Crennel & others. You would think I would be immune to ALL types of snake bites, but that's what is great about this Board......There are always folks to pick you up when you trip. THANKS for the "pick me up".
Aside to Tour...."and then there were three & one did +1 on both.

Mike
Mike, Living out here on the west coast, and truly never living in Cleveland, I have written them off. I cancelled the sunday ticket and found other ways to spend my sundays. I have a grandson due any day, but reading this, I still check in, but I need a release as to not kill someone. But I will check in and never completely give up.
-
I was actually concerned that I might be perceived as a "darkside bitcher". LOL
Thanks to all for your comments. I surprised myself with how angry I became. Hell, I have survived the firing of Paul Brown, trading Warfield, drafting Phipps, the Coaching? of Romeo "we're gonna try to win a game" Crennel & others. You would think I would be immune to ALL types of snake bites, but that's what is great about this Board......There are always folks to pick you up when you trip. THANKS for the "pick me up".
Aside to Tour...."and then there were three & one did +1 on both.

Mike
Mike, Living out here on the west coast, and truly never living in Cleveland, I have written them off. I cancelled the sunday ticket and found other ways to spend my sundays. I have a grandson due any day, but reading this, I still check in, but I need a release as to not kill someone. But I will check in and never completely give up.
Mike, Living out here on the west coast, and truly never living in Cleveland, I have written them off. I cancelled the sunday ticket and found other ways to spend my sundays. I have a grandson due any day, but reading this, I still check in, but I need a release as to not kill someone. But I will check in and never completely give up.
First, and most important, CONGRATS on the upcoming Grandchild. There are no joys in life that compare! Do yourself a favor & hold that Grandson on your lap & watch the Browns, no matter how poorly they play. Sharing with him will make the losses easier & priceless memories. My eldest Daughter blames me (laughingly) for creating a MONSTER of a Browns Fan in my youngest Grandchild, 7 year old Michael, who attends a game a year with Grandpa & calls me after the others. He watches all the games.
Good for you not giving up. Hopefully, we'll win a Super Bowl before we have Great Grandchildren!
Mike
-
-
Nice post Mike. We have all been there brother. I did wonder when I read your original post if you would still feel that way after 24-48 hours? That is how it usually works for me, after time and the emotion wears off I usually get a different perspective.
-
Nobody questions your fandom Mike....it happens to all of us....
In fact, you and I broke on the exact same week......
Right now, I want somebodies head.....I just haven't decided whose it will be.....;
-
After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.
-
After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.
While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.
That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.
I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.
Mike
I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.
I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.
See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....
I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....
While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....
28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....
-
I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.
See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....
I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....
While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....
28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....
See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....
I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....
While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....
28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....
Well.....perhaps you are mistaking a "level headed" attitude for one that is actually a "ho-hum" attitude. The guy that doesn't care about winning or losing may just look like a flatliner and be thinking "ho-hum....another game....wtf, I got paid". That guy comes off appearing level headed. Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are.
I am also not saying that someone must point fingers at others to be passionate or angry over losing.
Why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.
-
See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....
I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....
While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....
28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....
Well.....perhaps you are mistaking a "level headed" attitude for one that is actually a "ho-hum" attitude. The guy that doesn't care about winning or losing may just look like a flatliner and be thinking "ho-hum....another game....wtf, I got paid". That guy comes off appearing level headed. Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are.
I am also not saying that someone must point fingers at others to be passionate or angry over losing.
Why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.
Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are...why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.
Same reason you assume they dont care, I guess....actually, I suspect most are upset and very few are ho hum(as you suggest)
Ive havent seen this team quit yet(this year or last year).....and dont see any reason to "assume" they are mailing it in now either....
So, maybe you're in the locker room and have better info...????.....all ears....
-
mike is a good man.
me, i just destroy my personal property instead of venting like i used to. 2 keyboards and a rollerball mouse smashed against the wall with the loss to st. louis. pulling a hundy of my pocket to replace such items is enough to learn me a lesson. rather spend the money gettin my hair and nails did.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login