Skip to content

My apology for my "I want Pettine gone" thread

The Browns Board
24 16 838
  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Nobody questions your fandom Mike....it happens to all of us....

    In fact, you and I broke on the exact same week......

    Right now, I want somebodies head.....I just haven't decided whose it will be.....;

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Nice post Mike. We have all been there brother. I did wonder when I read your original post if you would still feel that way after 24-48 hours? That is how it usually works for me, after time and the emotion wears off I usually get a different perspective.

  • Nobody questions your fandom Mike....it happens to all of us....

    In fact, you and I broke on the exact same week......

    Right now, I want somebodies head.....I just haven't decided whose it will be.....;

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mudfly said:

    Right now, I want somebodies head.....I just haven't decided whose it will be.....;

    O'Neil is the likely candidate. But we still have 8 games left he'll get the rest of the season at least.

  • After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.

    While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.

    That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.

    I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.

    Mike

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @canton-mike said:

    After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.

    While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.

    That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.

    I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.

    Mike

    I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.

  • @canton-mike said:

    After cooling off after Sunday's game & reading many of your more level headed posts, I want to apologize for my flying off the handle Sunday night. I could blame it on too much beer, but I won't. I simply was so damn mad that I overlooked the positive things, such as hanging tough against some very good teams. It's not like me to scream for a Coaches' head.

    While I still think my anger is justified regarding the ill fated late 1st half fiasco, not pulling McCown, & some other concerns, I also agree with many of you who rightly stated that we can't blow this thing up now.

    That thread was totally out of character for me, and I felt my apology should be more visible than just another post.

    I'm sorry. Let's ride this season out & see what happens.

    Mike

    I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.

    See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....

    I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....

    While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....

    28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....

  • @the-gipper said:

    I wish most of the Cleveland Browns players/coaches etc. would be as passionate about the team and as angry about losing as you are. But they do not appear to be. To many of them....this seems to just be a paycheck.

    See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....

    I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....

    While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....

    28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mudfly said:

    See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....

    I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....

    While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....

    28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....

    Well.....perhaps you are mistaking a "level headed" attitude for one that is actually a "ho-hum" attitude. The guy that doesn't care about winning or losing may just look like a flatliner and be thinking "ho-hum....another game....wtf, I got paid". That guy comes off appearing level headed. Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are.

    I am also not saying that someone must point fingers at others to be passionate or angry over losing.

    Why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.

  • @mudfly said:

    See, now Im not getting that at all....but Im not in the meetings or locker room to actually know.....

    I will say that my experience is, when things go bad, the level heads are the ones who overcome the adversity.....

    While hot headed finger pointers just make things worse.....they simply cant cope with adversity, thats why they are freaking out to begin with....

    28 years in business has taught me to cut chase on screamers, snitches and blame mongers...and it pays...everytime....

    Well.....perhaps you are mistaking a "level headed" attitude for one that is actually a "ho-hum" attitude. The guy that doesn't care about winning or losing may just look like a flatliner and be thinking "ho-hum....another game....wtf, I got paid". That guy comes off appearing level headed. Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are.

    I am also not saying that someone must point fingers at others to be passionate or angry over losing.

    Why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are...why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.

    Same reason you assume they dont care, I guess....actually, I suspect most are upset and very few are ho hum(as you suggest)

    Ive havent seen this team quit yet(this year or last year).....and dont see any reason to "assume" they are mailing it in now either....

    So, maybe you're in the locker room and have better info...????.....all ears....

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #22

    mike is a good man.

    me, i just destroy my personal property instead of venting like i used to. 2 keyboards and a rollerball mouse smashed against the wall with the loss to st. louis. pulling a hundy of my pocket to replace such items is enough to learn me a lesson. rather spend the money gettin my hair and nails did.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, sure, many of them are not like that....but I suspect some are...why would you assume that? Perhaps it is the business you are in.

    Same reason you assume they dont care, I guess....actually, I suspect most are upset and very few are ho hum(as you suggest)

    Ive havent seen this team quit yet(this year or last year).....and dont see any reason to "assume" they are mailing it in now either....

    So, maybe you're in the locker room and have better info...????.....all ears....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mudfly said:

    Same reason you assume they dont care, I guess....actually, I suspect most are upset and very few are ho hum(as you suggest)

    Ive havent seen this team quit yet(this year or last year).....and dont see any reason to "assume" they are mailing it in now either....

    So, maybe you're in the locker room and have better info...????.....all ears....

    Not me.....but a few commentators including former players like Bob Golic have gone on rants about how he perceives that some of these players do not seem to care if they win or lose.

  • @mudfly said:

    Same reason you assume they dont care, I guess....actually, I suspect most are upset and very few are ho hum(as you suggest)

    Ive havent seen this team quit yet(this year or last year).....and dont see any reason to "assume" they are mailing it in now either....

    So, maybe you're in the locker room and have better info...????.....all ears....

    Not me.....but a few commentators including former players like Bob Golic have gone on rants about how he perceives that some of these players do not seem to care if they win or lose.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    Not me.....but a few commentators including former players like Bob Golic have gone on rants about how he perceives that some of these players do not seem to care if they win or lose.

    golic? at least it's bob and not his bum player brother who doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground but is making hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting on a stool next to a jets fan for 4 hours every morning.