Skip to content

No One Saw "The Martian"?

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
21 11 1.2k
  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #1

    I snuck away and into an IMAX right down the road one Friday at 12:30.. I'm not one for theater popcorn but that day I got a small $11.50 popcorn and walk into the theater..

    I've never sat in a theater and watched a movie by myself..

    I did that day.. Goofie 3D glasses and all 😁

    Good flick !! 😎

    Won't win any awards.. But still...

  • AxeA Axe

    I snuck away and into an IMAX right down the road one Friday at 12:30.. I'm not one for theater popcorn but that day I got a small $11.50 popcorn and walk into the theater..

    I've never sat in a theater and watched a movie by myself..

    I did that day.. Goofie 3D glasses and all 😁

    Good flick !! 😎

    Won't win any awards.. But still...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @axe said:

    I snuck away and into an IMAX right down the road one Friday at 12:30.. I'm not one for theater popcorn but that day I got a small $11.50 popcorn and walk into the theater..

    I've never sat in a theater and watched a movie by myself..

    I did that day.. Goofie 3D glasses and all 😁

    Good flick !! 😎

    Won't win any awards.. But still...

    I got around to seeing it on PPV yesterday. Must have been nice in IMAX. The Astronomer in me says they did a pretty good job keeping the science straight, unlike Gravity. The dust storms were a little overdone. Surface on Mars equals Earth 50 miles up. An OK 2 hours of entertainment. Of course, they had to up the drama. Solid B movie.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #3
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Been watching a lot of movies, but pretty caught up, and moving around normally. Went to

    a hunting/fishing outdoor show and we walked around for an hour. Pretty sore though later, though.

    Might be allowed to start driving again about the 10th of Feb.

    Anyways, this was a very good movie. The dust storms seemed dramatic.

    It always seems that these actor astronauts... they train for many years with the

    stoutest of discipline....then they get on another planet, and it's like they are at

    a college drinking party? That's amusing.

    But it's entertaining regardless.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I did and posted a link to the review. See above.

    WSS

  • Been watching a lot of movies, but pretty caught up, and moving around normally. Went to

    a hunting/fishing outdoor show and we walked around for an hour. Pretty sore though later, though.

    Might be allowed to start driving again about the 10th of Feb.

    Anyways, this was a very good movie. The dust storms seemed dramatic.

    It always seems that these actor astronauts... they train for many years with the

    stoutest of discipline....then they get on another planet, and it's like they are at

    a college drinking party? That's amusing.

    But it's entertaining regardless.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @calfoxwc said:

    Been watching a lot of movies, but pretty caught up, and moving around normally. Went to

    a hunting/fishing outdoor show and we walked around for an hour. Pretty sore though later, though.

    Might be allowed to start driving again about the 10th of Feb.

    Anyways, this was a very good movie. The dust storms seemed dramatic.

    It always seems that these actor astronauts... they train for many years with the

    stoutest of discipline....then they get on another planet, and it's like they are at

    a college drinking party? That's amusing.

    But it's entertaining regardless.

    No, Astronauts would never party.,....

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020039/Disgraced-astronaut-Lisa-Nowak-attacked-love-rival-booted-Navy.html

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Been watching a lot of movies, but pretty caught up, and moving around normally. Went to

    a hunting/fishing outdoor show and we walked around for an hour. Pretty sore though later, though.

    Might be allowed to start driving again about the 10th of Feb.

    Anyways, this was a very good movie. The dust storms seemed dramatic.

    It always seems that these actor astronauts... they train for many years with the

    stoutest of discipline....then they get on another planet, and it's like they are at

    a college drinking party? That's amusing.

    But it's entertaining regardless.

    No, Astronauts would never party.,....

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020039/Disgraced-astronaut-Lisa-Nowak-attacked-love-rival-booted-Navy.html

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nothing wrong with that as long as they show up on fly day.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Again I liked this movie a whole bunch. It's a feel-good movie and that's cool with me. I like to be entertained and ultimately feel good about the outcome.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Entertaining movie.

    As for awards, both the movie and Matt Damon are nominated...Best Picture/Actor.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    matt damon? really?

    his best scenes compilation:

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #11

    VesnaKociper said:

    Of course it will win awards. The asshole leading man is a Climate Change believer. Hollywood loves liberal scum. I didn't like the movie. Simply because the science was so perverted and really fucked up. Nobody in their right mind would have used hydrazine to make heat. There are simple reactions he could have done to make safe heat for the plants.

    Such as?

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I thought the film was absolute shit......

    it made interstellar look like citizen kane, and interstellar had a shit ending.

    ridley scott is and has always been overrated.

    how the fuck does this win a golden globe for best musical or comedy?

    it wasn't funny, or entertaining.

    Matt Damon is a good actor and I like him but this is just a mess all over.

    one of the worst of 2016 (which was a bad year for movies in general).

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #13

    There's no accounting for taste I suppose.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Still according to rotten tomatoes 93% of people disagree with you. And I agree with them.

  • Still according to rotten tomatoes 93% of people disagree with you. And I agree with them.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #15

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Still according to rotten tomatoes 93% of people disagree with you. And I agree with them.

    See what Rotten Tomatoes said about the revenan, 8.3. I don't know anyone who liked it.

    + audible rate of the book really highly and I hated it

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #16

    They just take an aggregate score if the reviews so somebody had to like the revenant. To me that's one I'll wait for it to come out on blu ray

  • They just take an aggregate score if the reviews so somebody had to like the revenant. To me that's one I'll wait for it to come out on blu ray

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    They just take an aggregate score if the reviews so somebody had to like the revenant. To me that's one I'll wait for it to come out on blu ray

    Yes, I know how they do it. Just saying that I've been in the minority a few times on different sides.

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I have the review written I just don't like to post them here until they appear in print.

    WSS

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    and imdb has the ridiculous six rated 4.9.....

    people do pay off for good reviews you know....

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #20

    No one is paying rotten tomatoes users for good reviews. That's why it has both a critical and user aggregate score.