Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth
-
Ole Miss is a high quality team. Auburn may be. I will bet that LSU, Tennessee, and Florida are just fine down the stretch and if Arkansas does their normal thing, that's a tough out too.
-
Ole Miss is high quality until the NCAA drops the hammer
Just kidding. The NCAA is spineless.
-
Ole Miss is a high quality team. Auburn may be. I will bet that LSU, Tennessee, and Florida are just fine down the stretch and if Arkansas does their normal thing, that's a tough out too.
Ole Miss is a high quality team. Auburn may be. I will bet that LSU, Tennessee, and Florida are just fine down the stretch and if Arkansas does their normal thing, that's a tough out too.
They aren't even doing that great against the cupcakes. So. Alabama, So. Miss.
I think the ACC has owned the SEC the last several years.
-
Ole Miss is high quality until the NCAA drops the hammer
Just kidding. The NCAA is spineless.
Ole Miss is high quality until the NCAA drops the hammer
Just kidding. The NCAA is spineless.
You're learning

-
Ole Miss is a high quality team. Auburn may be. I will bet that LSU, Tennessee, and Florida are just fine down the stretch and if Arkansas does their normal thing, that's a tough out too.
They aren't even doing that great against the cupcakes. So. Alabama, So. Miss.
I think the ACC has owned the SEC the last several years.
They aren't even doing that great against the cupcakes. So. Alabama, So. Miss.
I think the ACC has owned the SEC the last several years.
They owned it one year. 2014. That's it. I only went back to 2005, but the SEC has a winning record against the ACC in all but 2014 and 2008 where it was .500. So no, they haven't owned the SEC over the last several years.
-
They aren't even doing that great against the cupcakes. So. Alabama, So. Miss.
I think the ACC has owned the SEC the last several years.
They owned it one year. 2014. That's it. I only went back to 2005, but the SEC has a winning record against the ACC in all but 2014 and 2008 where it was .500. So no, they haven't owned the SEC over the last several years.
They owned it one year. 2014. That's it. I only went back to 2005, but the SEC has a winning record against the ACC in all but 2014 and 2008 where it was .500. So no, they haven't owned the SEC over the last several years.
What was their record last year vs. ACC. I thought ACC won more. (though I may be thinking of 2014)
-
6-4. 3-5 in 2014.
-
I would like to come up with a formula that factors in the strength of the teams involved in these non-con matchups. I mean, FSU is a legit national championship contender this year. Ole Miss was only ranked 10 or so. It's very shallow analysis to dock the latter for losing that game at a neutral site, especially by so little. Same with Auburn. Technically the same with Georgia/UNC (UNC was ranked higher), but I think most people know Georgia is the stronger program with much more talent. By the same token, App State should get credit for going into UT's house and playing them close. But I'm not sure how to factor it. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be willing to do the research.
-
-
And that app state isn't as good as our app State
-
-
And that app state isn't as good as our app State
Kinda splitting hairs. They went 11-2 last year and return 19 starters from that team.
-
Calm down.
But that app State team had some NFL players on it.
More importantly though, no one knew what a spread offense was. Especially Lloyd Carr haha
-
10-0 against non-con this week. Includes a 67-0 shutout and an unranked win against a ranked team on the road.
ACC 7-3 including one G5 loss.
B1G 9-4 including two G5 losses.
Big 12 4-4* with 1 game outstanding and they're losing. Includes two ranked losses to unranked teams (one G5) and an additional loss to a G5 school.
PAC 5-0 with 5 games outstanding and they're down in 3 of them, all G5 schools.
*Should be 5-3 given OSU officiating flub.
-
The SEC had to get through national powers like Nicholls this week.
-
Howard, Illinois State, and Ball State a huge step up.
The SEC has 4 wins in non-conference against top 25 teams. No other league has more than 1.
-
Who played Howard, Illinois St and Ball State?
I don't believe I'm advocating for any conference. Because being a fan of a conference is dumb.
-
Really convenient system you've got worked out there. Talk endless trash about another conference and remove all possibility of having your own criticized.
-
I'm not on the "B1G TEN IS THE BEST CONFERENCE WOOO!" dick riding train. We get it, "The South Will Rise Again" and blah blah blah.
Fans of SEC teams are notorious for being SEC fans (which really just means Bama fan). It is annoying and pathetic. Be a fan of your own team, don't live through Bama's success. I will take the time to shoot holes through any SEC fan overhyping their conference. But I'll never do it for the B1G. I am a Michigan fan. Not a B1G fan.
-
You don't "get" anything, since I've never said that. Do you just live in your own fantasy world? We're glad you're annoyed. We're also fans of our own teams. Far better fans than the Big 10 on the whole. And yes, as long as you talk trash about the SEC, you will hear an equal amount about the Big 10. Don't be mad you had to cancel the SEC's funeral you planned after week 1.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login