Skip to content

Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth

College Football Forum
331 16 13.6k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, sychophant laugh at their own corruption.

    http://www.thecoli.com/threads/cheating-is-the-michigan-way-jim-harbaugh-commits-multiple-ncaa-violations-sanctions-pending.317959/

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Michigan_basketball_scandal

    http://deadspin.com/former-michigan-kicker-expelled-for-sexual-misconduct-1511488287

    Michigan would be a fair fit in the SEC with equal amount of corruption

    4 secondary violations, the fab five, and a player we booted out of the program for sexual misconduct.

    Very damning indeed...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    4 secondary violations, the fab five, and a player we booted out of the program for sexual misconduct.

    Very damning indeed...

    Typical. You want to coverup the coverup.

    Overt cheating scandals. Overt coverup vs. Tressel not ratting on his players.

    Yes, all technically violations. Tressel's was just bad judgment by not telling the full truth (not actual cheating...just not in compliance)

    Michigan's were premeditated attempts to cheat.

  • @mld-woody said:

    This post literally just made my point.

    It was fortunate you had an opening (unfortunate at the time). Otherwise Tressel would still be there.

    Meyer fell into your lap because he just happened to get a headache at UF right when Tressel just happened to have to resign because of the NCAA thing. That's pretty fortunate.

    Not sure it was coincidental. When it appeared that Tressel would not be staying at OSU, he may have manipulated it so that he would no longer be coaching at Florida...and be available to take the OSU job.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Not sure it was coincidental. When it appeared that Tressel would not be staying at OSU, he may have manipulated it so that he would no longer be coaching at Florida...and be available to take the OSU job.

    So he lied about a mental health issue?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    I love the "he was just protecting his players. It was 'bad judgement by not telling the truth'.

    He lied to the NCAA.

    The Fab Five was before anynif these guys were at their schools, and the university dealt with it accordingly

    Read up on the secondary violations and get back to me

    Gibbons was kicked from the team when the school felt he was guilty (and out of the school) not even a court of law. Unless you believe we tried to cover up the take of a shitty freshman kicker

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Wasn't UM top 25 for player arrests over the past couple years?

    It's silly to hold the actions of graduated and aged players above the head of a coach. Hell, it's silly to do so while theyre in school. It is much more appropriate to be critical of punishment the players receive.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Aaaaand this is why Michigan's gay. "We might not win jack s**t anymore, but we're soooo moral."

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    Yeah, if only we called other programs gay.

    What exactly has Texas A&M won recently?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not sure it was coincidental. When it appeared that Tressel would not be staying at OSU, he may have manipulated it so that he would no longer be coaching at Florida...and be available to take the OSU job.

    So he lied about a mental health issue?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    So he lied about a mental health issue?

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

  • I love the "he was just protecting his players. It was 'bad judgement by not telling the truth'.

    He lied to the NCAA.

    The Fab Five was before anynif these guys were at their schools, and the university dealt with it accordingly

    Read up on the secondary violations and get back to me

    Gibbons was kicked from the team when the school felt he was guilty (and out of the school) not even a court of law. Unless you believe we tried to cover up the take of a shitty freshman kicker

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I love the "he was just protecting his players. It was 'bad judgement by not telling the truth'.

    He lied to the NCAA.

    So, big fucking deal. That is only a big deal because the NCAA wants you to do their job for them, and they make it a big deal.

    TUN's cheating was cheating.

    The Fab Five was before anynif these guys were at their schools, and the university dealt with it accordingly

    Everything we are talking about here is some time in the past....and the schools dealt with it accordingly.

    Read up on the secondary violations and get back to me

    Yea, its called cheating. The initial cheat was premeditated.

    Gibbons was kicked from the team when the school felt he was guilty (and out of the school) not even a court of law. Unless you believe we tried to cover up the take of a shitty freshman kicker

    Just another string of Michigan's bad behavior....for which you are making excuse after excuse after excuse.

    I am not making an excuse for Tressel lying. He should not have done it.

  • Aaaaand this is why Michigan's gay. "We might not win jack s**t anymore, but we're soooo moral."

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Aaaaand this is why Michigan's gay. "We might not win jack s**t anymore, but we're soooo moral."

    (no...they lose and they are not moral)

  • Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

    Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.

  • @mld-woody said:

    So he lied about a mental health issue?

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.

    Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.

  • @wargograw said:

    Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

    Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs

    omg so clever!!!!!!

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Bigger and better programs than Michigan have all cheated to win championships. What makes Michigan think they will do so without it other than pure delusion?

  • I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.

    Sure you are done. You can't handle the truth....and you can't handle it when I am clearly right....which I am.

    Secondary violations are still violations. Harbaugh has been there a year and already has them on his record.

    And I am also right about academics. It is a judgment matter as to which engineering school is better or not.

    The kids I know from the Akron U engineering school are doing just as well or better than you at their situations.

    That may be a subjective thing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.

    Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.

    Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.

    Never saw anything about mental health. Stress. But, sure , there may be a lot more to the story. Read this article. It sounds like the situation at Florida had become a zoo. Some probably of Meyer's making (including the fact the he allegedly showed favoritism to star players like Tebow...imagine that. A coach favoring his best talent).

    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/inside-rise-fall-urban-meyers-florida-gators/story?id=33828722

  • @mld-woody said:

    So he lied about a mental health issue?

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    Correct, Meyer like a lot of 24/7 hands on control freak coaches was running head first into a burnout situation which can manifest itself in many ways like chest pains, headaches, never seeing your family, etc. He vowed to correct that as much as possible when the OSU job became available when DC Finkell was going to step aside as HC (not Tress technically).

    Finkell was making about $665,000 as a DC back then and didn't want the OSU HC hassles. (from memory)

    ALSO I wouldn't want to try to control "some" of these 18-21 year old bad azz discipline problems today at ANY major college athletic department.

    ......nice lively discussion here though 😉

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

  • "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good