Skip to content

Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth

College Football Forum
331 16 13.6k
  • Aaaaand this is why Michigan's gay. "We might not win jack s**t anymore, but we're soooo moral."

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Aaaaand this is why Michigan's gay. "We might not win jack s**t anymore, but we're soooo moral."

    (no...they lose and they are not moral)

  • Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

    Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.

  • @mld-woody said:

    So he lied about a mental health issue?

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.

    Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.

  • @wargograw said:

    Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

    Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs

    omg so clever!!!!!!

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Bigger and better programs than Michigan have all cheated to win championships. What makes Michigan think they will do so without it other than pure delusion?

  • I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.

    Sure you are done. You can't handle the truth....and you can't handle it when I am clearly right....which I am.

    Secondary violations are still violations. Harbaugh has been there a year and already has them on his record.

    And I am also right about academics. It is a judgment matter as to which engineering school is better or not.

    The kids I know from the Akron U engineering school are doing just as well or better than you at their situations.

    That may be a subjective thing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.

    Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.

    Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.

    Never saw anything about mental health. Stress. But, sure , there may be a lot more to the story. Read this article. It sounds like the situation at Florida had become a zoo. Some probably of Meyer's making (including the fact the he allegedly showed favoritism to star players like Tebow...imagine that. A coach favoring his best talent).

    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/inside-rise-fall-urban-meyers-florida-gators/story?id=33828722

  • @mld-woody said:

    So he lied about a mental health issue?

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

    Correct, Meyer like a lot of 24/7 hands on control freak coaches was running head first into a burnout situation which can manifest itself in many ways like chest pains, headaches, never seeing your family, etc. He vowed to correct that as much as possible when the OSU job became available when DC Finkell was going to step aside as HC (not Tress technically).

    Finkell was making about $665,000 as a DC back then and didn't want the OSU HC hassles. (from memory)

    ALSO I wouldn't want to try to control "some" of these 18-21 year old bad azz discipline problems today at ANY major college athletic department.

    ......nice lively discussion here though 😉

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

  • "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

  • @wargograw said:

    "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

    I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.

    (sounds a bit Trumpian, I know) 😛

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    You have the best words

  • @mld-woody said:

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

    I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.

    (sounds a bit Trumpian, I know) 😛

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.

    (sounds a bit Trumpian, I know) 😛

    Trumpian? Is that really a word? 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.

    (sounds a bit Trumpian, I know) 😛

    Trumpian? Is that really a word? 😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Trumpian? Is that really a word? 😆

    It is now. Roughly translated it means: Bombastic Blowfish (with now substance)

  • @wargograw said:

    "As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

    I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.

    A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?

  • @mld-woody said:

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

    I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.

    A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @wargograw said:

    I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.

    I am not OFF at all. Here is what I said:

    As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."

    Everything about that is spot on: Arkansas beat TCU. TCU has been like a Top 5 ranked team the past few years. A&M has not been. And we did have to wait and see how that game would go. So, now the game has been played and we have a much better take on how good tamu is....and it seems to be very good. What is wrong with taking an approach like that? Tamu for the past several years has been barely a Top 25 team....so there should never have been any absolute confidence in them. Its not like they were Alabama or Ohio St.

    So, my wait and see approach ABSOLUTELY was right.

    A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?

    Are you talking to me? If so.....even that analysis could be dead on. They have some goods wins thus far....but they still have Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, Miss St. yet to go.

    Good for you if you beat all of them. I hope you do. Fuck a bunch of Alabama (or as I refer to them: East Germany), and LSU fires their national championship winning coach? They deserve nothing but second tier status after that. And though I like Chad Kelly, I don't give a rat's ass about those Mississippi teams otherwise.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Pretty much anyone that pays attention knows TCU is average this year, at least by their standards, and that Arkansas is far worse than A&M. They suck. If we played 10x, we'd win 10. Very few people though they "could beat" us.

    The next part was for Woody (who I was responding to).

  • Pretty much anyone that pays attention knows TCU is average this year, at least by their standards, and that Arkansas is far worse than A&M. They suck. If we played 10x, we'd win 10. Very few people though they "could beat" us.

    The next part was for Woody (who I was responding to).

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Pretty much anyone that pays attention knows TCU is average this year, at least by their standards, and that Arkansas is far worse than A&M. They suck. If we played 10x, we'd win 10. Very few people though they "could beat" us.

    The next part was for Woody (who I was responding to).

    I don't pay that much attention. I know that TCU lost to Arkansas...and that Arkansas lost to A&M....but those are only conclusions that can be reached at this point after having seen them play.

    There may not have been a lot of people that thought that Louisville could beat FSU...but now we do. You don't "know" things until they happen.

  • @mld-woody said:

    You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.

    Though I still don't really think the aggies are good

    I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.

    A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.

    A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?

    "only team with 3 P5 wins" is kind of a meaningless stat. A lot of teams haven't even had that opportunity. That's just how your schedule is set up.

    But you're right. You didn't finish strong before and I'm not sure what's changed.

    I don't think they're a CFP team. Anything else is really irrelevant. We'll know more over the next few weeks for A&M. I hope they take down Bama though.