Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth
-
Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.
Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.
Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs
-
I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.
-
So he lied about a mental health issue?
He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.
He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.
The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.
Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.
-
Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.
Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs
Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs
omg so clever!!!!!!
-
Bigger and better programs than Michigan have all cheated to win championships. What makes Michigan think they will do so without it other than pure delusion?
-
I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.
I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.
Sure you are done. You can't handle the truth....and you can't handle it when I am clearly right....which I am.
Secondary violations are still violations. Harbaugh has been there a year and already has them on his record.
And I am also right about academics. It is a judgment matter as to which engineering school is better or not.
The kids I know from the Akron U engineering school are doing just as well or better than you at their situations.
That may be a subjective thing.
-
He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.
The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.
Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.
The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.
Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.
Never saw anything about mental health. Stress. But, sure , there may be a lot more to the story. Read this article. It sounds like the situation at Florida had become a zoo. Some probably of Meyer's making (including the fact the he allegedly showed favoritism to star players like Tebow...imagine that. A coach favoring his best talent).
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/inside-rise-fall-urban-meyers-florida-gators/story?id=33828722
-
So he lied about a mental health issue?
He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.
Correct, Meyer like a lot of 24/7 hands on control freak coaches was running head first into a burnout situation which can manifest itself in many ways like chest pains, headaches, never seeing your family, etc. He vowed to correct that as much as possible when the OSU job became available when DC Finkell was going to step aside as HC (not Tress technically).He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.
Finkell was making about $665,000 as a DC back then and didn't want the OSU HC hassles. (from memory)
ALSO I wouldn't want to try to control "some" of these 18-21 year old bad azz discipline problems today at ANY major college athletic department.
......nice lively discussion here though

-
"As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."
Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.
-
"As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."
Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.
"As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."
Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
-
"As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."
Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.
(sounds a bit Trumpian, I know)

-
You have the best words
-
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.
(sounds a bit Trumpian, I know)

I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.
(sounds a bit Trumpian, I know)

Trumpian? Is that really a word?

-
I am the smartest guy you will ever run into. Just remember, if you don't follow my lead, you are stupid and wrong.
(sounds a bit Trumpian, I know)

Trumpian? Is that really a word?

-
"As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."
Sunday throwbacks with the Gipper.
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.
A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?
-
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.
A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?
I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.
I am not OFF at all. Here is what I said:
As for TAMU and Arkansas, that game is yet to be played, no? We shall see. If they beat TC..which has been far better in the recent past, they can beat you."
Everything about that is spot on: Arkansas beat TCU. TCU has been like a Top 5 ranked team the past few years. A&M has not been. And we did have to wait and see how that game would go. So, now the game has been played and we have a much better take on how good tamu is....and it seems to be very good. What is wrong with taking an approach like that? Tamu for the past several years has been barely a Top 25 team....so there should never have been any absolute confidence in them. Its not like they were Alabama or Ohio St.
So, my wait and see approach ABSOLUTELY was right.
A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?
Are you talking to me? If so.....even that analysis could be dead on. They have some goods wins thus far....but they still have Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, Miss St. yet to go.
Good for you if you beat all of them. I hope you do. Fuck a bunch of Alabama (or as I refer to them: East Germany), and LSU fires their national championship winning coach? They deserve nothing but second tier status after that. And though I like Chad Kelly, I don't give a rat's ass about those Mississippi teams otherwise.
-
Pretty much anyone that pays attention knows TCU is average this year, at least by their standards, and that Arkansas is far worse than A&M. They suck. If we played 10x, we'd win 10. Very few people though they "could beat" us.
The next part was for Woody (who I was responding to).
-
Pretty much anyone that pays attention knows TCU is average this year, at least by their standards, and that Arkansas is far worse than A&M. They suck. If we played 10x, we'd win 10. Very few people though they "could beat" us.
The next part was for Woody (who I was responding to).
Pretty much anyone that pays attention knows TCU is average this year, at least by their standards, and that Arkansas is far worse than A&M. They suck. If we played 10x, we'd win 10. Very few people though they "could beat" us.
The next part was for Woody (who I was responding to).
I don't pay that much attention. I know that TCU lost to Arkansas...and that Arkansas lost to A&M....but those are only conclusions that can be reached at this point after having seen them play.
There may not have been a lot of people that thought that Louisville could beat FSU...but now we do. You don't "know" things until they happen.
-
You should know better than to think Gipper has any idea what he is talking about.
Though I still don't really think the aggies are good
I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.
A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?
I don't it's just funny seeing just how far offf he can be.
A&M and Stanford are the only two teams in the country with three P5 wins. A&M's opponents are 7-5 with all five losses coming to top 10 teams. So what's your reasoning? "They started 5-0 the last two years and struggle during down the stretch so of course it will happen again." Some elementary analysis like that I'm guessing?
"only team with 3 P5 wins" is kind of a meaningless stat. A lot of teams haven't even had that opportunity. That's just how your schedule is set up.
But you're right. You didn't finish strong before and I'm not sure what's changed.
I don't think they're a CFP team. Anything else is really irrelevant. We'll know more over the next few weeks for A&M. I hope they take down Bama though.
-
Uhh, the dbag QBs have been replaced by a really strong leader (and adequate on the field QB). Lack of team chemistry is the primary reason for the breakdown the last two years so there you go. The next big reason was youth on defense. We returned all but two starters on defense and there are probably about 5 first-two-day draft picks on it at least. Second year under a new DC (who is elite). New offensive coordinator who's not 15 years old and actually has some gravitas. New OL coach who is elite. I could go on. A better question is what hasn't changed. Most people don't watch much CFB outside of their own team. If you're one, that's ok.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login