Skip to content

Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth

College Football Forum
331 16 13.6k
  • UF is also down a starting QB

    (PEDs.... Ess eee see)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mld-woody said:

    UF is also down a starting QB

    (PEDs.... Ess eee see)

    OK, didn't know that.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #31

    You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.

    You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing). Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.

  • You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.

    You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing). Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @wargograw said:

    You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.

    Well, I was just copying what someone else said.

    You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing).

    We don't get the Bama games here that much....only the big ones like LSU. Bama taking on the weak sisters of the SEC is just not that big of a TV draw here. This is Big Ten country, we get those games.

    Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.

    Really, then why didn't they prison rape Ole Miss who plays somewhat of a spread I believe.

    Lets put it this way.....even if they could do what you said, I would like to see that matchup.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.

    My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?

    All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.

  • Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.

    My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?

    All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @wargograw said:

    Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.

    Like I said, I don't bother to watch them against the weak sisters of the SEC....and if you think Miss. St. is top 20, you are smoking some of that high cotton they grow in Texas. I am watching another, different better game probably.

    And my opinion is based on this: They lost to a now clearly mediocre Ole Miss. An Ole Miss team that played the likes of Tenn Martin, Fresno and New Mex St.....that they beat, plus Memphis who the lost to.

    And Bama's big win against LSU has to be put in perspective: Arkansas beat LSU too.

    I am saying that other one loss teams have really done better.

    Clearly Notre Dame has a "better" loss.....two points on the road to Clemson.

    And other one loss teams also had "better" losses.

    My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?

    All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.

    If it ever happens.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.

    I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.

  • Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.

    I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #36

    @wargograw said:

    Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.

    Really? Show me on this list where they made the Top 20.....or the Top 25:

    http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/view-rankings

    or here

    http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

    I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.

    My eyes saw them get handled by Ole Miss on their home field. Their defense did look good in handling Fournette though. So its a 50/50 proposition on the eye test.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #37

    They were. Prior to losing to Alabama....

  • Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.

    I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #38

    @wargograw said:

    Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.

    So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..

    I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..

    Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta. 🙁

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Yep. Arkansas is pretty legit.

  • AxeA Axe

    @wargograw said:

    Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.

    So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..

    I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..

    Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta. 🙁

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @axe said:

    So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..

    No, they will leave it to a MAC team to handle Arkansas.

    I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..

    Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta. 🙁

    Bama isn't in yet......they still have to take on Auburn....and mighty Charleston Southern (not that losing to them would affect their SECW chances)

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Dude, you didn't even know UF was down their starting QB yet you are in here cracking on a conference you clearly know little about 😆 Right now, Now one in the Big 10 wants to play Arkansas.. NOBODY!!

    The Big 10 wants to be the SEC so bad they can't stand it 😛

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Gipper has a habit of talking about something like he's an expert without knowing much about it. This wouldn't be the first example.

    I can tell you the B1G definitely does not want to be the SEC though. Obviously not academically, not at all. Sure the football success would be nice, but through other means than how the SEC got it.

  • Gipper has a habit of talking about something like he's an expert without knowing much about it. This wouldn't be the first example.

    I can tell you the B1G definitely does not want to be the SEC though. Obviously not academically, not at all. Sure the football success would be nice, but through other means than how the SEC got it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @mld-woody said:

    Gipper has a habit of talking about something like he's an expert without knowing much about it. This wouldn't be the first example.

    On the rare occasion....but then on most occasins I talk about things that I know about that all y'all have no clue about.

    I can tell you the B1G definitely does not want to be the SEC though. Obviously not academically, not at all. Sure the football success would be nice, but through other means than how the SEC got it.

    Its the other way around.

    The Big Ten has the money and the teams in the largest markets in the USA....New York, Chicago, Philly, Washington/Baltimore., Detroit....CLeve/Columbus/Cincy....Twin Cities.

    The SEC has one big market: Atlanta.

    So, the Big Ten has the money and the demographics. And the Big Ten has the National Championship......and it has teams every bit as good as any of the teams in the SEC.

    And that is just football. Basketball wise, the SEC has Kentucky and then nada. The Big Ten has half a dozen major basketball programs.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Arkansas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

    The next time an SEC school comes north of Lexington to play, let us know.

    Even the big bowl games are played in the south.

  • Arkansas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

    The next time an SEC school comes north of Lexington to play, let us know.

    Even the big bowl games are played in the south.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #45

    @browns149 said:

    Arkansas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

    Have you seen Arkansas play lately? or at all? They are playing some of the best ball in the country right now.. They possess the largest O line in football, be it college or the NFL.

    The next time an SEC school comes north of Lexington to play, let us know.

    Why the fuck should they? Given the taxing SEC schedule.. Seriously??

    Even the big bowl games are played in the south.

    Have you ever given a second's thought as to why that is? facepalm.gif

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #46

    because people from the south are pansies that can't handle a little snow...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Browns149, LSU went to the Carrier Dome. Good job knowing the facts though.

    Gipper, having the largest markets doesn't mean the people there actually watch CFB. The SEC has the largest TV contract both in total and in per school, I believe. So all those markets are fairly worthless in comparison.

  • Browns149, LSU went to the Carrier Dome. Good job knowing the facts though.

    Gipper, having the largest markets doesn't mean the people there actually watch CFB. The SEC has the largest TV contract both in total and in per school, I believe. So all those markets are fairly worthless in comparison.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @wargograw said:

    Browns149, LSU went to the Carrier Dome. Good job knowing the facts though.

    Yes they did play north of Lexington in an indoor stadium.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Yeah it would have been much manlier to play outside in New York in September. Oh, what horrid conditions could arise.