Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth
-
Does Gipper still think LSU is the "class of the SEC" or whatever? That was funny. I still think, as I said, that Ohio State "limps" to 12-0. I said they either choke in the B1G championship game or lose in the semis. Even with their opponent appearing to be a very ugly Iowa team, I still feel decent about it. Not that I'm happy about it. Ohio State is one of my favorite teams.
Does Gipper still think LSU is the "class of the SEC" or whatever? That was funny. I still think, as I said, that Ohio State "limps" to 12-0. I said they either choke in the B1G championship game or lose in the semis. Even with their opponent appearing to be a very ugly Iowa team, I still feel decent about it. Not that I'm happy about it. Ohio State is one of my favorite teams.
Have a sneaking suspicion a one loss Big 12 team won't get in, smh
-
We'll see. I predicted one would. Still feel ok about it, but again we'll see. I don't think it will be OU if that's what you're getting at, due to them having such a bad loss. I think Baylor would have to win out and beat a TCU team that goes 10-2, an OSU team that goes 11-1, etc. AND have some other flies drop in other conferences.
-
If Ohio State loses any of their remaining games, they're out (even after a 23 game winning streak as of now).
There is just way too much Buckeye hate nationally, too much to overcome.
'Bama looks great now, but for the life of me I cannot understand why they were given a pass for their loss, at home, to Ole Miss. Ole Miss isn't even ranked anymore.
People talk about the SEC bias, and it is very real. What is more real is the anti-Buckeye bias.
-
If Ohio State loses any of their remaining games, they're out (even after a 23 game winning streak as of now).
There is just way too much Buckeye hate nationally, too much to overcome.
'Bama looks great now, but for the life of me I cannot understand why they were given a pass for their loss, at home, to Ole Miss. Ole Miss isn't even ranked anymore.
People talk about the SEC bias, and it is very real. What is more real is the anti-Buckeye bias.
If Ohio State loses any of their remaining games, they're out (even after a 23 game winning streak as of now).
There is just way too much Buckeye hate nationally, too much to overcome.
'Bama looks great now, but for the life of me I cannot understand why they were given a pass for their loss, at home, to Ole Miss. Ole Miss isn't even ranked anymore.
People talk about the SEC bias, and it is very real. What is more real is the anti-Buckeye bias.
lol
-
I am talking about actual accomplisment. Not about what your perceptions are.
Sorry, but if you lose, you lose. Ole Miss beat Alabama and perhaps, logically, should be rated higher.
I mean, Ole Miss beat Ala....meaning Ole Miss was better than them.
Two teams beat Ole Miss, and those two teams must be better than Alabama.
Those two teams are Florida and Memphis.....and each very well may be better than Alabama and Ole Miss.
Florida lost to LSU.....so as I see it:
LSU better than Fla
Fla better than Ole Miss
Memphis better than Ole Miss
Ole Miss better than Alabama
LSU, Florida, Memphis, Ole Miss.....all better than Alabama
And Saturday LSU plays Alabama....and may prove all the above absolutely accurate.
Hopefully....or else, yea, it may all be a mess.
Actually you aren't talking about accomplishment because Ohio State hasn't beaten anyone of consequence
Actually you aren't talking about accomplishment because Ohio State hasn't beaten anyone of consequence
But neither have they lost to anyone of no consequence. Alabama lost to a now apparently so-so Ole Miss team. Their victory over LSU is now looking less and less impressive as LSU lost to Arkansas....who lost to Toledo.
I do think that Alabama wins the SEC West....and faces off against Florida.....and that game will be much more competitive than people may think.
-
Does Gipper still think LSU is the "class of the SEC" or whatever? That was funny. I still think, as I said, that Ohio State "limps" to 12-0. I said they either choke in the B1G championship game or lose in the semis. Even with their opponent appearing to be a very ugly Iowa team, I still feel decent about it. Not that I'm happy about it. Ohio State is one of my favorite teams.
Does Gipper still think LSU is the "class of the SEC" or whatever? That was funny. I still think, as I said, that Ohio State "limps" to 12-0. I said they either choke in the B1G championship game or lose in the semis. Even with their opponent appearing to be a very ugly Iowa team, I still feel decent about it. Not that I'm happy about it. Ohio State is one of my favorite teams.
I thought they were, yes. Clearly they are not. I think the SEC is very much overrated this year.
Alabama may be the best in that conference, but like I said, Florida may have something to say about it.
But, yes, OSU has rather been sleepwalking through the season. They need to wake up this week.
Michigan St. can beat them. (as evidenced by the Big Ten title game 2 years ago)
But I will take an ugly 10-0 Iowa over an ugly 9-1 team.
-
Will you take an ugly 10-0 Houston over 9-1 Alabama now? Because the committee would disagree.
I predict it won't be a game against Florida. They don't pass much and LSU learned you can't run against Alabama.
-
UF is also down a starting QB
(PEDs.... Ess eee see)
-
Will you take an ugly 10-0 Houston over 9-1 Alabama now? Because the committee would disagree.
I predict it won't be a game against Florida. They don't pass much and LSU learned you can't run against Alabama.
Will you take an ugly 10-0 Houston over 9-1 Alabama now? Because the committee would disagree.
I predict it won't be a game against Florida. They don't pass much and LSU learned you can't run against Alabama.
I don't know how 10-0 is ugly. Would anyone predict Houston to win that game? Unlikely. Though I would like to see it played.
Alabama has had a weakness against good passing spread offenses.
As for one loss teams......Alabama's one loss is worse than say Michigan State. MSU lost on a bad call.
Florida lost to LSU.....which is still a "better loss" than losing to Ole Miss. That game will probably play out.
Oklahoma/TCU/Baylor/OK St. should play out. (But what if they all end up with one loss? They all stay home?)
-
UF is also down a starting QB
(PEDs.... Ess eee see)
OK, didn't know that.
-
You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.
You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing). Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.
-
You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.
You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing). Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.
You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.
Well, I was just copying what someone else said.
You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing).
We don't get the Bama games here that much....only the big ones like LSU. Bama taking on the weak sisters of the SEC is just not that big of a TV draw here. This is Big Ten country, we get those games.
Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.
Really, then why didn't they prison rape Ole Miss who plays somewhat of a spread I believe.
Lets put it this way.....even if they could do what you said, I would like to see that matchup.
-
Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.
My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?
All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.
-
Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.
My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?
All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.
Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.
Like I said, I don't bother to watch them against the weak sisters of the SEC....and if you think Miss. St. is top 20, you are smoking some of that high cotton they grow in Texas. I am watching another, different better game probably.
And my opinion is based on this: They lost to a now clearly mediocre Ole Miss. An Ole Miss team that played the likes of Tenn Martin, Fresno and New Mex St.....that they beat, plus Memphis who the lost to.
And Bama's big win against LSU has to be put in perspective: Arkansas beat LSU too.
I am saying that other one loss teams have really done better.
Clearly Notre Dame has a "better" loss.....two points on the road to Clemson.
And other one loss teams also had "better" losses.
My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?
All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.
If it ever happens.
-
Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.
I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.
-
Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.
I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.
Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.
Really? Show me on this list where they made the Top 20.....or the Top 25:
http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/view-rankings
or here
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.
My eyes saw them get handled by Ole Miss on their home field. Their defense did look good in handling Fournette though. So its a 50/50 proposition on the eye test.
-
They were. Prior to losing to Alabama....
-
Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.
I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.
Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.
So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..
I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..
Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta.

-
Yep. Arkansas is pretty legit.
-
Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.
So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..
I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..
Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta.

So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..
No, they will leave it to a MAC team to handle Arkansas.
I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..
Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta.

Bama isn't in yet......they still have to take on Auburn....and mighty Charleston Southern (not that losing to them would affect their SECW chances)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login