Skip to content

Browns vs. Bengals NFL Network

The Browns Board
6 5 402
  • T Tony_Shalub wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

    Thanks

  • Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

    Thanks

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @tony_shalub said:

    Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

    Thanks

    Because the Thursday night games from here on out are only on NFL network except for in the local markets.

  • @tony_shalub said:

    Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

    Thanks

    Because the Thursday night games from here on out are only on NFL network except for in the local markets.

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #3

    @mark-o said:

    Because the Thursday night games from here on out are only on NFL network except for in the local markets.

    And, every team has one (Thursday night NFL network) game. Regardless of their record.

  • Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

    Thanks

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @tony_shalub said:

    Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

    Thanks

    Its all about the Benjamins. I guess the NFL Network puts more money into the NFL's pocket when they can have exclusivity rights to a game. That is the deal they signed.

  • @tony_shalub said:

    Hey everhone, this morning I noticed that this game is only being broadcast on NFL Network (at least for Columbus). Does anyone know the reason it wont be on CBS/FOX, etc?

    Thanks

    Its all about the Benjamins. I guess the NFL Network puts more money into the NFL's pocket when they can have exclusivity rights to a game. That is the deal they signed.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @the-gipper said:

    Its all about the Benjamins. I guess the NFL Network puts more money into the NFL's pocket when they can have exclusivity rights to a game. That is the deal they signed.

    The NFL owns the NFL network so they probably don't get as much as if CBS pays them to show the game.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Its all about the Benjamins. I guess the NFL Network puts more money into the NFL's pocket when they can have exclusivity rights to a game. That is the deal they signed.

    The NFL owns the NFL network so they probably don't get as much as if CBS pays them to show the game.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mark-o said:

    The NFL owns the NFL network so they probably don't get as much as if CBS pays them to show the game.

    The only thing they get is the commercial revenue. Hmmmm. I had to look it up, and it really surprised me pay TV usage is at 84% of US households, way higher than I would have expected.