20 Years After The Move Have You Moved On?
-
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25363357/lost-dawgs
Great article, begging the question.
Have you moved on? I personally can't say I have and I hope Art rots in hell, terrible business man and a worse liar.
Have you moved on? I personally can't say I have and I hope Art rots in hell, terrible business man and a worse liar.
Nope...not ready to move on.....But I do have a different perspective than I used too....Not nearly as emotional about the team as I was before the move.....And I no longer let them ruin my day(or, god forbid, a whole week)....WHY?.....Because its just football. Nothing more. Win or lose, my life doesn't change one drop. I realized that as soon as they moved....nothing changed in my world except a few hours o Sunday....which actually seemed nice to get back.....
To me, watching a game is like watching a movie....hopefully it has a decent ending, but I DO usually enjoy the whole game...the back and forth...etc....just cause I love watching football...and can appreciate a good game, whether we win or lose.....
So, if we lose, its really just that last second that I dont like......but I couldnt imagine being angry the whole game.....or watching a movie Im certain Ill hate over and over again....or sticking through an entire movie that I hate, then being angry for a week because it sucked.....or staying mad for days, weeks, months because I chose to watch entertainment that just makes me mad.....makes no sense.....its supposed to be fun, not torture.....
This is why I cant even go to the Tavern anymore....all the anger and bitching completely removes all the fun of watching for me...
Hell...they could win 10 Super Bowls and I still gotta show up at work on Monday......just doesnt matter that much anymore....
So, Ill continue to follow them and watch the games....Ill monitor the trades and draft(maybe my favorite part)....watch the young players develop(or not)....and Ill enjoy it like I do any other hobby.....
And the second it starts to make me an angry, unhappy, bitchy person and stops being fun....I will do what any sensible person would do and stop watching......simple really......we all choose what we do with our time, but choosing constant misery just seems stupid.....
-
Good post Mud
-
-
Have you moved on? I personally can't say I have and I hope Art rots in hell, terrible business man and a worse liar.
Nope...not ready to move on.....But I do have a different perspective than I used too....Not nearly as emotional about the team as I was before the move.....And I no longer let them ruin my day(or, god forbid, a whole week)....WHY?.....Because its just football. Nothing more. Win or lose, my life doesn't change one drop. I realized that as soon as they moved....nothing changed in my world except a few hours o Sunday....which actually seemed nice to get back.....
To me, watching a game is like watching a movie....hopefully it has a decent ending, but I DO usually enjoy the whole game...the back and forth...etc....just cause I love watching football...and can appreciate a good game, whether we win or lose.....
So, if we lose, its really just that last second that I dont like......but I couldnt imagine being angry the whole game.....or watching a movie Im certain Ill hate over and over again....or sticking through an entire movie that I hate, then being angry for a week because it sucked.....or staying mad for days, weeks, months because I chose to watch entertainment that just makes me mad.....makes no sense.....its supposed to be fun, not torture.....
This is why I cant even go to the Tavern anymore....all the anger and bitching completely removes all the fun of watching for me...
Hell...they could win 10 Super Bowls and I still gotta show up at work on Monday......just doesnt matter that much anymore....
So, Ill continue to follow them and watch the games....Ill monitor the trades and draft(maybe my favorite part)....watch the young players develop(or not)....and Ill enjoy it like I do any other hobby.....
And the second it starts to make me an angry, unhappy, bitchy person and stops being fun....I will do what any sensible person would do and stop watching......simple really......we all choose what we do with our time, but choosing constant misery just seems stupid.....
Nope...not ready to move on.....But I do have a different perspective than I used too....Not nearly as emotional about the team as I was before the move.....And I no longer let them ruin my day(or, god forbid, a whole week)....WHY?.....Because its just football. Nothing more. Win or lose, my life doesn't change one drop. I realized that as soon as they moved....nothing changed in my world except a few hours o Sunday....which actually seemed nice to get back.....
To me, watching a game is like watching a movie....hopefully it has a decent ending, but I DO usually enjoy the whole game...the back and forth...etc....just cause I love watching football...and can appreciate a good game, whether we win or lose.....
So, if we lose, its really just that last second that I dont like......but I couldnt imagine being angry the whole game.....or watching a movie Im certain Ill hate over and over again....or sticking through an entire movie that I hate, then being angry for a week because it sucked.....or staying mad for days, weeks, months because I chose to watch entertainment that just makes me mad.....makes no sense.....its supposed to be fun, not torture.....
This is why I cant even go to the Tavern anymore....all the anger and bitching completely removes all the fun of watching for me...
Hell...they could win 10 Super Bowls and I still gotta show up at work on Monday......just doesnt matter that much anymore....
So, Ill continue to follow them and watch the games....Ill monitor the trades and draft(maybe my favorite part)....watch the young players develop(or not)....and Ill enjoy it like I do any other hobby.....
And the second it starts to make me an angry, unhappy, bitchy person and stops being fun....I will do what any sensible person would do and stop watching......simple really......we all choose what we do with our time, but choosing constant misery just seems stupid.....
This post should be stickied in the forum for every NFL team, or any sports franchise for that matter. It was "that" well put. Every sports fan needs to read this. Fanduel and sportskings though are already seeking out hitmen to take out mud....lols.
-
That was a really good read and I am glad I read the whole thing. I was in 10th grade when I learned the Browns were leaving, I was a "bag boy" at Harts/Big Bear Plus, And at the time I was more in to girls then Watching football but it crushed me, almost felt like losing a family member or loved one, still feel the same way and Even though I do love to watch every Sunday, It is not the same and IDK if it ever will be
-
-
The losses hardly affect me as long as we're not in contention. I still get into it on game day though but the day after it's history
-
I wish I didn't care, but I do. If I could take a pill or something that would let me switch teams, I'd probably take it. But I love this team...and I hate that I do.
-
-
I think many have moved on. For years many people would have Browns flags, blow up figures and many other types of Browns themed yard decorations. They have become fewer and fewer to the point now that it is a rarity to see any brown and orange in yards. But still plenty of stool samples to look at. And I feel very fortunate that I was 8 in 64 and got to see them win it all as well as many years of good football teams. Just depressing!
-
I think many have moved on. For years many people would have Browns flags, blow up figures and many other types of Browns themed yard decorations. They have become fewer and fewer to the point now that it is a rarity to see any brown and orange in yards. But still plenty of stool samples to look at. And I feel very fortunate that I was 8 in 64 and got to see them win it all as well as many years of good football teams. Just depressing!
I think many have moved on. For years many people would have Browns flags, blow up figures and many other types of Browns themed yard decorations. They have become fewer and fewer to the point now that it is a rarity to see any brown and orange in yards. But still plenty of stool samples to look at. And I feel very fortunate that I was 8 in 64 and got to see them win it all as well as many years of good football teams. Just depressing!
You put on a Browns Jersey or Flags in NC it's like you just sent up a Rebel Flag. Panthers & Redskins Fans the Worst..
-
I dunno, I was in downtown Cleveland Saturday night and there were lots of Browns chants in the bars etc? Although we did start a few of them

The people still really love that club, on gameday I met and eventually did shots with a lady and her friends she was in her 60s and still a dawg pound ST holder. She said she's in the real dawg pound and everywhere else is the puppy pound which made me laugh. Her homemade shots were awesome as well, Apple flavour.
I'm relatively 'new' but you all deserve so much more than what's happened since 1999.
-
-
I think many have moved on. For years many people would have Browns flags, blow up figures and many other types of Browns themed yard decorations. They have become fewer and fewer to the point now that it is a rarity to see any brown and orange in yards. But still plenty of stool samples to look at. And I feel very fortunate that I was 8 in 64 and got to see them win it all as well as many years of good football teams. Just depressing!
You put on a Browns Jersey or Flags in NC it's like you just sent up a Rebel Flag. Panthers & Redskins Fans the Worst..
You put on a Browns Jersey or Flags in NC it's like you just sent up a Rebel Flag. Panthers & Redskins Fans the Worst..
i lived in Johnston county for a year. Lots of Cowboy fans too. I wore Browns shirts and got laughed at. My reply would be to say that Gen. Lee sucked! otherwise he wouldn't have lost Gettysburg and the war. Takes their lil sun baked minds right off football...lol
-
-
Thankfully not because at my height, I'd have probably been tossed around like a bitch !
Got her name? or will she forever be known as "my 60's apple shots"

-
Thankfully not because at my height, I'd have probably been tossed around like a bitch !
Got her name? or will she forever be known as "my 60's apple shots"

-
Have you moved on? I personally can't say I have and I hope Art rots in hell, terrible business man and a worse liar.
Nope...not ready to move on.....But I do have a different perspective than I used too....Not nearly as emotional about the team as I was before the move.....And I no longer let them ruin my day(or, god forbid, a whole week)....WHY?.....Because its just football. Nothing more. Win or lose, my life doesn't change one drop. I realized that as soon as they moved....nothing changed in my world except a few hours o Sunday....which actually seemed nice to get back.....
To me, watching a game is like watching a movie....hopefully it has a decent ending, but I DO usually enjoy the whole game...the back and forth...etc....just cause I love watching football...and can appreciate a good game, whether we win or lose.....
So, if we lose, its really just that last second that I dont like......but I couldnt imagine being angry the whole game.....or watching a movie Im certain Ill hate over and over again....or sticking through an entire movie that I hate, then being angry for a week because it sucked.....or staying mad for days, weeks, months because I chose to watch entertainment that just makes me mad.....makes no sense.....its supposed to be fun, not torture.....
This is why I cant even go to the Tavern anymore....all the anger and bitching completely removes all the fun of watching for me...
Hell...they could win 10 Super Bowls and I still gotta show up at work on Monday......just doesnt matter that much anymore....
So, Ill continue to follow them and watch the games....Ill monitor the trades and draft(maybe my favorite part)....watch the young players develop(or not)....and Ill enjoy it like I do any other hobby.....
And the second it starts to make me an angry, unhappy, bitchy person and stops being fun....I will do what any sensible person would do and stop watching......simple really......we all choose what we do with our time, but choosing constant misery just seems stupid.....
Nope...not ready to move on.....But I do have a different perspective than I used too....Not nearly as emotional about the team as I was before the move.....And I no longer let them ruin my day(or, god forbid, a whole week)....WHY?.....Because its just football. Nothing more. Win or lose, my life doesn't change one drop. I realized that as soon as they moved....nothing changed in my world except a few hours o Sunday....which actually seemed nice to get back.....
To me, watching a game is like watching a movie....hopefully it has a decent ending, but I DO usually enjoy the whole game...the back and forth...etc....just cause I love watching football...and can appreciate a good game, whether we win or lose.....
So, if we lose, its really just that last second that I dont like......but I couldnt imagine being angry the whole game.....or watching a movie Im certain Ill hate over and over again....or sticking through an entire movie that I hate, then being angry for a week because it sucked.....or staying mad for days, weeks, months because I chose to watch entertainment that just makes me mad.....makes no sense.....its supposed to be fun, not torture.....
This is why I cant even go to the Tavern anymore....all the anger and bitching completely removes all the fun of watching for me...
Hell...they could win 10 Super Bowls and I still gotta show up at work on Monday......just doesnt matter that much anymore....
So, Ill continue to follow them and watch the games....Ill monitor the trades and draft(maybe my favorite part)....watch the young players develop(or not)....and Ill enjoy it like I do any other hobby.....
And the second it starts to make me an angry, unhappy, bitchy person and stops being fun....I will do what any sensible person would do and stop watching......simple really......we all choose what we do with our time, but choosing constant misery just seems stupid.....
Pretty much my feelings exactly.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
