Skip to content

Titans Waive Terrance West - Browns Won't Receive 7th Round Pick

The Browns Board
41 18 1.5k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #26

    BOOFUCKINGHOO.

    STFU, PLEEZ!

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.

  • Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.

    While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.

    While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @osiris said:

    While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.

    Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......

    Weird how second guessers are always right......

    And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?

  • @osiris said:

    While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.

    Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......

    Weird how second guessers are always right......

    And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #30

    @mudfly said:

    Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......

    Weird how second guessers are always right......

    And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?

    I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:

    -Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.

    -Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).

    - Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).

    Any one of them would be our #2 if not #1 receiver on the Browns. At least they are all on rosters, which is more than we can say about West.

    I had several mock drafts, and depending on which you looked at, I had us picking OBJ (better than all our WR), Teddy B.(better than Manziel) , Sammy Watkins (better than all our WR), CJ Mosley (Better than Kirksey), Kyle Fuller (who can at least crack the starting lineup and had 4 picks his rookie year).

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    "He's as good as ours" LOL Tour

    Honest questions for you. Is the ZBS scheme really working for us? And if not why not? And if it is, why such problems running the ball?

  • "He's as good as ours" LOL Tour

    Honest questions for you. Is the ZBS scheme really working for us? And if not why not? And if it is, why such problems running the ball?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @texasag1969 said:

    Honest questions for you. Is the ZBS scheme really working for us? And if not why not? And if it is, why such problems running the ball?

    Individual defeats in a group scheme is as good as I can do, Ag. This year it just seems like at least one of our OL gets shoved backwards disrupting plays. Most often it is Mack, but it's enough other players enough of the time to believe technique may be a piece of the problem.

    Beyond that I speculated in another thread a week or so ago that splits and/or pad angle on the move might be an issue. I wish I still had game tape from early 2014 to compare. In my mind's eye I see our OL pads more parallel to the LOS and closer together, but even I am not inclined to trust my mind's eye.

    Other fail factors?

    • FB... but we did not have one last year either. Last year we ran best out of 2TE-Singleback sets. This year I think we'd see we have gotten better results out of 1TE looks.
    • Missing holes... both Crow and Duke have shown a propensity for getting to the line too fast and forcing themselves to pick a POA. You can't do that as a ZBS back. You have to patiently press the line and be prepared to cut or bounce to any crease that presents itself. Draughn and Turbine have shown the requisite patience, but...
    • WR blocking... on the rare occasions we have gotten to the 3rd level, it has been even rarer to have that level blocked to extend the gain. We have scored very few "chunk" runs this season.
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    WR Blocking-That is because our WR's are so tiny they can't get a decent block even if it's set up perfectly by the back.

    And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.

  • @mudfly said:

    Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......

    Weird how second guessers are always right......

    And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?

    I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:

    -Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.

    -Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).

    - Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).

    Any one of them would be our #2 if not #1 receiver on the Browns. At least they are all on rosters, which is more than we can say about West.

    I had several mock drafts, and depending on which you looked at, I had us picking OBJ (better than all our WR), Teddy B.(better than Manziel) , Sammy Watkins (better than all our WR), CJ Mosley (Better than Kirksey), Kyle Fuller (who can at least crack the starting lineup and had 4 picks his rookie year).

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #34

    @osiris said:

    I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:

    -Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.

    -Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).

    - Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).

    Brown and Moncrief went well ahead of West....plus we traded up from the 4th, so had we not made the trade, we would have been picking in the 4th....

    And a surprising stat......West gained more yards last year, than Bryant has in 2 years......

    So, in truth we'd be picking a WR in the 4th(which we DID this year)....and aside from Bryant(who is only "ok), there were no others..

    Again...not really defending the West pick as much as just getting tired of hearing all the cherry picked players we "could have" drafted.....its a tired and pointless exercise that anyone with google can do and establishes nothing......I think we all can go back and claim I wanted this guy and didnt want that guy....yada yada yada.....

  • @osiris said:

    I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:

    -Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.

    -Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).

    - Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).

    Brown and Moncrief went well ahead of West....plus we traded up from the 4th, so had we not made the trade, we would have been picking in the 4th....

    And a surprising stat......West gained more yards last year, than Bryant has in 2 years......

    So, in truth we'd be picking a WR in the 4th(which we DID this year)....and aside from Bryant(who is only "ok), there were no others..

    Again...not really defending the West pick as much as just getting tired of hearing all the cherry picked players we "could have" drafted.....its a tired and pointless exercise that anyone with google can do and establishes nothing......I think we all can go back and claim I wanted this guy and didnt want that guy....yada yada yada.....

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mudfly said:

    Again...not really defending the West pick as much as just getting tired of hearing all the cherry picked players we "could have" drafted.....its a tired and pointless exercise that anyone with google can do and establishes nothing......I think we all can go back and claim I wanted this guy and didnt want that guy....yada yada yada.....

    True...with hindsight we'd have a fucking all pro team starting on both sides of the ball for all the guys "we could've drafted".

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Its confirmed....West is now a Raven......I do believe it was said we traded up to prevent the Ravens from picking him first...

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Add-RB-Terrance-West-To-Practice-Squad/36b5b8ab-23f5-49da-969c-b34f9e481cd9

    Just hope the Browns were right(the "second" time) and he doesnt torment us for years to come......

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Tour, here is the thread on PFF regarding the Browns' failures in the run game. According to them, it's everyone but the OL.

  • Its confirmed....West is now a Raven......I do believe it was said we traded up to prevent the Ravens from picking him first...

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Add-RB-Terrance-West-To-Practice-Squad/36b5b8ab-23f5-49da-969c-b34f9e481cd9

    Just hope the Browns were right(the "second" time) and he doesnt torment us for years to come......

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mudfly said:

    Its confirmed....West is now a Raven......I do believe it was said we traded up to prevent the Ravens from picking him first...

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Add-RB-Terrance-West-To-Practice-Squad/36b5b8ab-23f5-49da-969c-b34f9e481cd9

    Just hope the Browns were right(the "second" time) and he doesnt torment us for years to come......

    He always was a Ravens fan. I always felt he would play his best football for the Ravens & figured he would go there as a free agent. We'lll see.

    Mike

  • Tour, here is the thread on PFF regarding the Browns' failures in the run game. According to them, it's everyone but the OL.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @unsympathetic said:

    Tour, here is the thread on PFF regarding the Browns' failures in the run game. According to them, it's everyone but the OL.

    Thanks.. interesting read, but I'm confused by this bit...

    ... the Browns are a team that likes to run outside zone, and can’t reliably get to the edge. Their average yards per carry around right end is 2.7; to the left, it’s just 1.1. Running either side of G John Greco, by contrast, is yielding an average of 4.0 yards per carry.

    The TEs have not been the primary reason our wide zone runs have been dismal. It's been a breakdown by one of the linemen. Plus we usually run our widest plays out of singleback sets.

    It does not surprise me that we get the most yardage running either side of our best roadgrader and most consistent blocker.

  • WR Blocking-That is because our WR's are so tiny they can't get a decent block even if it's set up perfectly by the back.

    And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @texasag1969 said:

    And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.

    duke including training camp has had 3 or 4 concussion in his rookie season. might be the best decision this coaching staff is making? Are they all occurring in later quarters maybe a thought. I see it more that our coaches will protect a player before winning or playing for ties (dumb). Yea it's football & being soft & fragile is not a good thing but our coaches do a damn good job of covering things up that Ray & scouts don't dig up. AKA JM, Gilbert & is it really Shelton that may not have the stamina to play 3rd down?

  • WR Blocking-That is because our WR's are so tiny they can't get a decent block even if it's set up perfectly by the back.

    And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #41

    @texasag1969 said:

    And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.

    duke including training camp has had 3 or 4 concussion in his rookie season. might be the best decision this coaching staff is making? Are they all occurring in later quarters maybe a thought. I see it more that our coaches will protect a player before winning or playing for ties (dumb). Yea it's football & being soft & fragile is not a good thing but our coaches do a damn good job of covering things up that Ray & scouts don't dig up. AKA JM, Gilbert, Bowe & is it really Shelton that may not have the stamina to play 3rd down? (sure would like to see that he can collapse the center of a pocket)