Skip to content

Steeler Week

The Browns Board
381 45 11.2k
  • @vagitron said:

    the steelers weren't even the first to do it.

    ESPN disagrees....

    "Steroid use was, after all, not banned by the league at the time, and I wonder if the spotlight has fallen on the Steelers largely because they were so damn good. Not everyone agrees, though. "It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Jim Haslett said in 2005 while coaching the New Orleans Saints. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s. They're the ones who kind of started it."

    The Steelers challenged this statement, of course, but the ramifications -- and suspicions -- linger. A 2009 investigation by ESPN into the Steelers' history with performance-enhancing drugs found an alarming number of former players suffering from heart ailments. "Even if there is no pattern or clue linking the deaths to steroids," wrote the article's author, Mike Fish, "since 2000, 17 former Steelers have died before they reached the age of 59.""

    @columbusking said:

    ESPN disagrees....

    "Steroid use was, after all, not banned by the league at the time, and I wonder if the spotlight has fallen on the Steelers largely because they were so damn good. Not everyone agrees, though. "It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Jim Haslett said in 2005 while coaching the New Orleans Saints. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s. They're the ones who kind of started it."

    The Steelers challenged this statement, of course, but the ramifications -- and suspicions -- linger. A 2009 investigation by ESPN into the Steelers' history with performance-enhancing drugs found an alarming number of former players suffering from heart ailments. "Even if there is no pattern or clue linking the deaths to steroids," wrote the article's author, Mike Fish, "since 2000, 17 former Steelers have died before they reached the age of 59.""

    You can't post or use logic with misguided Stooler fans... They only believe what they want to.... I mean just ask the late Steve Courson... too bad he cant talk.. he was there and saw those stooler assholes juicing.

  • @lambert_58 said:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/232404-the-steelers-steroids-and-profound-misconceptions

    You stink! your city stinks and your team as well. Why? because yinz eat shit!

  • @vagitron said:

    The entire nfl was using steroids in the 70's and the steelers weren't even the first to do it.

    Put "steroids NFL 1970s" into google and literally the entire first page is only links regarding the Steelers steroid use.

    @columbusking said:

    Put "steroids NFL 1970s" into google and literally the entire first page is only links regarding the Steelers steroid use.

    He's not lying ...

    steroids_zps04m44xgf.png

  • Steriods?? Really? I could care less, I did enjoy watching the Steelers win all of those Super Bowls though! Good luck this weekend and remember, if it's Brown, Flush it down!

  • Steriods?? Really? I could care less, I did enjoy watching the Steelers win all of those Super Bowls though! Good luck this weekend and remember, if it's Brown, Flush it down!

    pghbigkev said:

    if it's Brown, Flush it down!

    Flush it twice, its a long way to Pittsburgh!

  • Browns injury report on Friday will give a better idea. There's an article on the OBR that says Pettine won't play Bowe. We need weapons. Pittsburgh even without Big Ben has Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant and Deangelo Williams who rushed for over 200 yards against Raiders. In fact, Steelers had 500 scrimmage yards last week.

    The Browns rank 29th against the run. If Williams plays the Steelers win. Williams has a swollen foot there's a chance he doesn't. But I can't take the Browns until their defense stops somebody. I ain't sipping the Kool-Aid anymore.

    Go Browns

  • Gotta beat the Squealer's without Little Ben and Bell

  • It doesn't matter who the Browns draft,

    or who they hire,

    It doesn't matter who they sign,

    or who they fire,

    It's that old saying we've all heard,

    That no matter how hard you try,

    You cant polish a turd.

  • Gotta beat the Squealer's without Little Ben and Bell

    @baconhound said:

    Gotta beat the Squealer's without Little Ben and Bell

    Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

    The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

    I must admit Im concerned.

  • @baconhound said:

    Gotta beat the Squealer's without Little Ben and Bell

    Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

    The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

    I must admit Im concerned.

    @stinkhole said:

    Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

    The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

    I must admit Im concerned.

    i have a bad feeling the browns are going to get the shit beat out of them...again.....for the 4th straight week...ugh.....There is no such thing as due for a win with this roster and coaching staff..

  • @stinkhole said:

    Inferiority complex.Its glaring. Their team is a perennial loser. You come here to engage in friendly debate while presenting actual facts and instantly you're met with name calling and accusations of trolling only because your team is a perennial winner.I shake my head and find it amusing at the same time.

    Friendly? You fuckwads are about as sociable as a skunk on the Pennsylvania turnpike. You imbeciles don't ever provide actual facts, infact we ask you to give some facts to back up your argument and you say something to the effect of "I would but you guys will just deny it becouse it is outside of what you think"

    Think before you post. You are the literal definition of an internet troll.

    @columbusking said:

    Friendly? You fuckwads are about as sociable as a skunk on the Pennsylvania turnpike. You imbeciles don't ever provide actual facts, infact we ask you to give some facts to back up your argument and you say something to the effect of "I would but you guys will just deny it becouse it is outside of what you think"

    Think before you post. You are the literal definition of an internet troll.

    Yeah, but honestly, the only facts we have is that we fucking suck yr after fucking yr...Don't have to look too hard for those facts columboking. Only when we turn this shithole around can we agrue facts. Then it probably would be fun to agrue facts with shitass steeler fans.

  • @baconhound said:

    Gotta beat the Squealer's without Little Ben and Bell

    Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

    The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

    I must admit Im concerned.

    @stinkhole said:

    Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

    The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

    I must admit Im concerned.

    What should concern Steeler fans is the mad raper is 33 and taken a lot of hits. The Bengals are the issue not the Browns

  • @stinkhole said:

    Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

    The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

    I must admit Im concerned.

    What should concern Steeler fans is the mad raper is 33 and taken a lot of hits. The Bengals are the issue not the Browns

    @baconhound said:

    What should concern Steeler fans is the mad raper is 33 and taken a lot of hits. The Bengals are the issue not the Browns

    He doesnt take a lot of hits anymore. He's had two very unfortunate hits that result in injuries. One someone went illegally low and the last one his foot bent up weird. Our offensive line is keeping him very clean and at 33 I expect Ben will sign another contract with the steelers when that time comes and retire on his own terms. Ben is not getting hit anywhere close to the amount he used to period.
  • @baconhound said:

    What should concern Steeler fans is the mad raper is 33 and taken a lot of hits. The Bengals are the issue not the Browns

    He doesnt take a lot of hits anymore. He's had two very unfortunate hits that result in injuries. One someone went illegally low and the last one his foot bent up weird. Our offensive line is keeping him very clean and at 33 I expect Ben will sign another contract with the steelers when that time comes and retire on his own terms. Ben is not getting hit anywhere close to the amount he used to period.

    @vagitron said:

    He doesnt take a lot of hits anymore. He's had two very unfortunate hits that result in injuries. One someone went illegally low and the last one his foot bent up weird. Our offensive line is keeping him very clean and at 33 I expect Ben will sign another contract with the steelers when that time comes and retire on his own terms. Ben is not getting hit anywhere close to the amount he used to period.

    But the hits he IS taking are doing more damage than when he was 8 years younger.

    Don't go giving me some damn sob story the injury to St. Ben was due to a low hit. Everyone and his uncle (who isn't a Steelers fan) knows that's NOTHING compared to Kimo von Cheapshotten taking out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.

  • @vagitron said:

    He doesnt take a lot of hits anymore. He's had two very unfortunate hits that result in injuries. One someone went illegally low and the last one his foot bent up weird. Our offensive line is keeping him very clean and at 33 I expect Ben will sign another contract with the steelers when that time comes and retire on his own terms. Ben is not getting hit anywhere close to the amount he used to period.

    But the hits he IS taking are doing more damage than when he was 8 years younger.

    Don't go giving me some damn sob story the injury to St. Ben was due to a low hit. Everyone and his uncle (who isn't a Steelers fan) knows that's NOTHING compared to Kimo von Cheapshotten taking out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.

    @hoorta said:

    But the hits he IS taking are doing more damage than when he was 8 years younger.

    Don't go giving me some damn sob story the injury to St. Ben was due to a low hit. Everyone and his uncle (who isn't a Steelers fan) knows that's NOTHING compared to Kimo von Cheapshotten taking out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.

    It wasn't a sob story, defender came in low and I only mentioned it because it wasn't a big hit or a result of the failings of his offensive line. The ball was already gone. He's been unlucky this season and I don't believe these injuries have anything to do with his age. The guy is already out of his walking boot and he was supposed to be in that for a decent while.
  • @hoorta said:

    But the hits he IS taking are doing more damage than when he was 8 years younger.

    Don't go giving me some damn sob story the injury to St. Ben was due to a low hit. Everyone and his uncle (who isn't a Steelers fan) knows that's NOTHING compared to Kimo von Cheapshotten taking out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.

    It wasn't a sob story, defender came in low and I only mentioned it because it wasn't a big hit or a result of the failings of his offensive line. The ball was already gone. He's been unlucky this season and I don't believe these injuries have anything to do with his age. The guy is already out of his walking boot and he was supposed to be in that for a decent while.

    @vagitron said:

    It wasn't a sob story, defender came in low and I only mentioned it because it wasn't a big that resulted in the failings on his offensive line. The ball was already gone. He's been unlucky this season and I don't believe these injuries have anything to do with his age. The guy is already out of his walking boot and he was supposed to be in that for a decent while.

    Ben is not unlucky.. He's getting exactly what he deserves.. I hope he breaks his leg..And I hope its career ending

  • That's not very nice. You know you posers could have drafted Ben, instead you drafted the Warrior Winslow. Thank you for that. We won 2 Super Bowls with Ben and I get the feeling we will one more before he is done. Steelers are nice and friendly, you Brownies are mean and bitter.

  • That's not very nice. You know you posers could have drafted Ben, instead you drafted the Warrior Winslow. Thank you for that. We won 2 Super Bowls with Ben and I get the feeling we will one more before he is done. Steelers are nice and friendly, you Brownies are mean and bitter.

    pghbigkev said:

    That's not very nice. You know you posers could have drafted Ben, instead you drafted the Warrior Winslow. Thank you for that. We won 2 Super Bowls with Ben and I get the feeling we will one more before he is done. Steelers are nice and friendly, you Brownies are mean and bitter.

    Then leave and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

  • @vagitron said:

    It wasn't a sob story, defender came in low and I only mentioned it because it wasn't a big that resulted in the failings on his offensive line. The ball was already gone. He's been unlucky this season and I don't believe these injuries have anything to do with his age. The guy is already out of his walking boot and he was supposed to be in that for a decent while.

    Ben is not unlucky.. He's getting exactly what he deserves.. I hope he breaks his leg..And I hope its career ending

    @nickers said:

    Ben is not unlucky.. He's getting exactly what he deserves.. I hope he breaks his leg..And I hope its career ending

    Now really- I don't want to see anyone hurt.

  • LET BEN PLAY..... He loves mating with the Browns! If I had a Million dollars for every Brown Super Bowl, I would have Zero $'s.... KISSES... ZOMBO is a HOMER