Skip to content

Schwartz, the #1 RT in the NFL

The Browns Board
54 23 1.4k
  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Well browns fans made their mind up on this guy 2 years ago. So he garbage just like buster skrine. Who drafted him??

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Can he play quarterback? Wide reciever? Running back? Will he get us a play off game?

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I think u mean can he play defense?

  • Well browns fans made their mind up on this guy 2 years ago. So he garbage just like buster skrine. Who drafted him??

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @cdl15 said:

    Who drafted him??

    Holmgren and Heckert

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Yea he's been great this year.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I was on his case last year. I admit that this year he has made me change my mind completely. He and Mack have done 180's and Mack has been the weak link. Hopefully that is just due to aftereffects of the injury and changes back to his normal All-pro status soon.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    He's gotten better each year. Solid RT

  • Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.

    PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @unsympathetic said:

    Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.

    PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.

    why is then the majority of McCowns kill shots have come from the right side? Can't all be on Greco. I dunno about these PFF people. I smell bullshit. I've seen Schwartz give real mean looks to edge rushers as they wheeled around him untouched on their way to dropping bombs on our QB that defensive players routinely masturbate to the prospect of.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    who was it...that referred to him as "garbage" ?

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Not all is wrong with this team - or with the player development.

    PFF just today released their midseason All-Pro team.. and Schwartz is the #1 RT in all the land.

    why is then the majority of McCowns kill shots have come from the right side? Can't all be on Greco. I dunno about these PFF people. I smell bullshit. I've seen Schwartz give real mean looks to edge rushers as they wheeled around him untouched on their way to dropping bombs on our QB that defensive players routinely masturbate to the prospect of.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @clevfan4life said:

    why is then the majority of McCowns kill shots have come from the right side? Can't all be on Greco. I dunno about these PFF people. I smell bullshit. I've seen Schwartz give real mean looks to edge rushers as they wheeled around him untouched on their way to dropping bombs on our QB that defensive players routinely masturbate to the prospect of.

    Not all sacks are due to olineman mistakes. Coverage sacks and QB Holding onto the ball too long contribute as well..

  • @clevfan4life said:

    why is then the majority of McCowns kill shots have come from the right side? Can't all be on Greco. I dunno about these PFF people. I smell bullshit. I've seen Schwartz give real mean looks to edge rushers as they wheeled around him untouched on their way to dropping bombs on our QB that defensive players routinely masturbate to the prospect of.

    Not all sacks are due to olineman mistakes. Coverage sacks and QB Holding onto the ball too long contribute as well..

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Not all sacks are due to olineman mistakes. Coverage sacks and QB Holding onto the ball too long contribute as well..

    Yeah, seems to me McCown has all day to throw, then still doesn't. There's only so long even a great OL can hold of 4-5 pass rushers, let alone a strong blitz. Couple with our 'all-star' cast of wide receivers - hint, play a relatively deep safety so as not to get 'banjamined' and they'll struggle to get open - and you can see why sacks come that aren't a product of bad OL play.

    I'm more confused about rushing though, since we seem to not be able to run the ball.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #13

    if he's the #1 RT in the league.........goes to show you how bad our RBs are or play-calling for that matter.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #14

    This whole thing, though, just makes our failures in the run game more frustrating. Passing, sure, I get it, but we should be able to run the ball with those guys.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Camp Schwartz accepts the honor.

    Two tackles who are premier and never a miss a sanap ... and we are blowing the opportunity.

    I think if we get McCown back in there we can still win a lot of football games this year. Laugh all you want, but I think we'll have a winning record in the second half of the season, this team has more talent that it is credited for. Pittsburgh is #1 on the hit list.

    Zombo

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #17

    7 games left, including this week against the steelers, vs ravens, vs 49ers, there's three very winnable games. We'll also host the bengals and steelers.

    going 4-3 isn't crazy.

  • Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @texasag1969 said:

    Z what the hell are you drinking or smoking these days? Yeah we should beat a banged up Pitt, but winning record in the second half? The D will have to go through transformation school for that to happen.

    That is my hidden hope. I haven't completely written off the D yet.

    Zombo

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

  • Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @londonbrown said:

    Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    Yep, Bitonio's out. That one snuck under the radar.

  • Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @londonbrown said:

    Irving starts Sunday doesn't he, interesting to see how our first round O lineman does...

    Yeah, he is playing LG, maybe he has a good game. He certainly is going to make somebody expendable if he plays well, probably Mack.

    Zombo