Gilbert inactive
-
Can't believe Gilbert was inactive. This tells me that we're literally about to cut ties with him after the season. The #8 pick...gone. Unbelievable.
-
wow. can you negative mother fuckers just go somewhere else?
i gave my girl a reprieve and stopped into doubleday's to catch a snippet of the game. saw landry go out. bartender a stooler fan. felt pretty good just to be tied and in the game as i left 20 mins later.
come home, pour a drink to relax and look through my emails because of biz the rest of the week.........popped in here and i wished i had not.
Dude. I need your heroin hook up. How are you so knumb but yet so joyous about this shit?
Dude. I need your heroin hook up. How are you so knumb but yet so joyous about this shit?
i think this guy is seriously on drugs...shouldn't even respond to his moronic bullshit...
-
I have no idea how Gilbert is behaving as a person but there has to be close to zero chance he is a worse player than Bademosi.
I have no idea how Gilbert is behaving as a person but there has to be close to zero chance he is a worse player than Bademosi.
Honestly....its brutal......Pettine is trying to prove something.....just dont know what it is......
-
We need our first round corner out there playing, like Haden did... Haden wasn't an all-pro his first year if I remember. We need to see Gilbert in the game, you can't pick and then not play the kid, that's horseshit. Same for Manziel.
-
New article on Justin...
Time is running out for Justin Gilbert to prove his worth to Cleveland Browns: Tom Reed analysis
Couple interesting excerpts:
He's played 31 defensive snaps in 2015, buried on the depth chart of a 2-8 team desperate for help in the secondary. Almost nothing makes sense about Gilbert's time with the organization, including his latest healthy scratch on Sunday, a week after playing a season-high 23 snaps against the Bengals.
Coach Mike Pettine said there were no off-field incidents to keep him out of the lineup in Pittsburgh. After finally getting a chance to play, he apparently had a dreadful week of practice, raising questions about his desire to improve.
and:
Several scouts have told cleveland.com they had serious misgivings about his lack of technique. They believed Gilbert relied too much on his size (6-foot, 202 pounds) and athleticism.
The corner is hardly the first high pick to enter the league with questions concerning his coverage abilities. The draft is often about projections, but as one analyst said: "(He's the) easiest bust I've ever called. Hopefully, the light bulb comes on with him."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/11/time_is_running_out_for_justin.html
-
The corner is hardly the first high pick to enter the league with questions concerning his coverage abilities. The draft is often about projections, but as one analyst said: "(He's the) easiest bust I've ever called. Hopefully, the light bulb comes on with him."
http://www.cleveland...for_justin.html Tour********************************************
That's a disgrace. Of all the players who love the game they could have drafted...
they went with athletic talent, because he was so good at that with inferior talent at wr.
dammit.
-
Thats a good article......and a huge waste of talent....HUGE
When they played Gaines last week, I pretty much decided that they must be done with Gilbert.....
What a massive disappointment.....he coulda been great....
Maybe he will be....someday.....somewhere else.....
-
Complete joke. Our 14 million a year man has barely played and when he has he has been abused like a red headed stepchild.
Then the guy who was supposed to be the stud on the other side is a worthless POS that the coaching staff despises.
They need to trade Haden in the offseason if possible. He is around a 14 a year cap hit through 2019. As far as Gilbert goes, maybe the new staff coming in can do something with him.
-
From what I heard on the radio and the article posted today, Gilbert relied too much on his physical gifts, but Farmer and Pettine believed they could address the issues. From what Adam Caplan said, if you practice well, you play in the game. It must mean that Gilbert is flat out stinking it up in practice to a level we can't imagine. His size and speed seemed like a perfect fit for Pettine's aggressive press style, but either it hasn't clicked, or Gilbert isn't willing to put in the work. Whatever it is, it really hurt us. As Mudfly said in a previous post, we don't have immense talent, and when the inevitable injuries occur, the drop off in talent is too much to overcome. I had visions of Gilbert and Haden shutting down wr's, with K'Waun doing his thing against the slot.
From what I understand about Bowe, he didn't report to camp in great shape, and about the only he ran was his mouth. He caught a few balls against Cincy, but he looked SLOW. Maybe the bye week will provide him with enough time to get that hammie healed up. Something tells me it's more than that though.
-
Is Gilbert going to be active for the Browns bye week?

-
I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this little Twitter blurb.
However, I think there were at least a couple of posters that mentioned Buster Skrine. . .
@PFF: Most penalties by a CB in 1yr since '07:
B.Skrine 17 (2014)
S.Routt 17 (2011)
B.Browner 15 (2015)
B.Browner 15 (2014)
B.Browner 15 (2011)
-
Yo! That was the thing about him that would drive you crazy. And many times he would be in position and just panic...frustrating.
-
technically Gilbert was chosen before a lot of people cause didn't we trade down? I forget. In any case, yeah it's quite sad. We have a #6 pick who although I want to keep him for his cover skills, really should be a complete starter by now...and a #8 or whatever Gilbert was, that's returning kicks...and not even full time at that. You just throw up your hands.
-
He will probably end up at the rat birds and be brilliant!
-
I know it's too early to know for sure, but has anyone heard about his status for the Raven's game? Maybe he received the ugly "healthy scratch" as yet another wake up call?
-
I know it's too early to know for sure, but has anyone heard about his status for the Raven's game? Maybe he received the ugly "healthy scratch" as yet another wake up call?
I know it's too early to know for sure, but has anyone heard about his status for the Raven's game? Maybe he received the ugly "healthy scratch" as yet another wake up call?
Won't be announced until game day, too many variables that can dictate it.
-
I don't think I've read anything about him being late to meetings this year, or having a bad attitude. I wonder if there's something going on with him that we don't know about? I mean, no offense to Bademosi or Gaines, but you figure Gilbert couldn't do worse than them, right? Even if his technique is terribly flawed, which according to our coaches it is, his athletic ability might allow him to at least RUN with the faster WR's. Several analysts have been quoted saying "they knew Gilbert was a bust all along", and other crap like that, but I remember when Gilbert was drafted there were several teams extremely high on him, including the Steelers. Gilbert wasn't some huge reach or anything, and on paper, the pick just made so much sense. Another CB that can play press coverage along Haden, with K'Waun or Skrine (at the time) matched up against the slot. It seems that even when we do what appears like the right thing, it blows up in our faces.
-
What I pick up on is about practice. Good practice week, he plays. He's young and has talent. My thinking is that they want him and are working hard to harness his talent. Could be a 3rd year break out...hope, hope!
-
What I pick up on is about practice. Good practice week, he plays. He's young and has talent. My thinking is that they want him and are working hard to harness his talent. Could be a 3rd year break out...hope, hope!
What I pick up on is about practice. Good practice week, he plays. He's young and has talent. My thinking is that they want him and are working hard to harness his talent. Could be a 3rd year break out...hope, hope!
Lord I hope so...I really do. Our team is desperate for "first round talent", and there is an excellent article floating around out there that lays out all of our blown opportunities, and how that is costing us now. I think all of the fans are just hoping and wishing that the light will come on for Gilbert, but after seeing him as a healthy scratch...I'm doubtful that will ever happen. I remember reading during the offseason how Gilbert was working hard, he's training with Haden, his personal problems had been resolved. I had very high hopes for the guy, and I honestly don't expect him to realize his vast potential.
But you're right, the practice aspect is what I've heard as well. The confusing part of that is the coaches said he practiced very well for two weeks, which is why he received meaningful snaps against the Bengals. So what happened during the next week that warranted him being a scratch? Several reporters asked that very same question at a press conference I watched, and the DB coach basically didn't answer the question. It was very frustrating, and you could get a sense the members of the media were frustrated as well.
Gilbert has two weeks to show he deserves to be out there. Cmon kid...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login