Skip to content

Bye Week

The Browns Board
24 18 824
  • @miktoxic said:

    just give 'people' more than a year and a half to try and put their vision on the field.

    holy christ, if no one EVER had a chance to apply what was laid out to the employer by the person telling them 'it might take 2-3 years to see the improvement' and just being a dumbass and saying "naw, i've seen enough" hit the bricks, i'll continue to pay you and like 20 other guys that i'm going to fire and then i'm going to sit down with somebody that looks a lot like you, says the same thing and then pay him and his 20 guys saying that you'd give them at least 3 years.......

    great business acumen.

    that type of boss wouldn't last a month on wall street.

    Normally I'd agree, but IF we could gain interest from a decent prospective coach, I'd have to fire Pettine right now... Why?

    Mishandling Gilbert

    Mishandling Bowe

    Mishandling the QB situation

    His defense has ran itself right into the gutter

    His team is playing like garbage... And steadily getting worse...

    I hate changing coaches every couple years but he has shown nothing in two years

    @thenew23 said:

    Normally I'd agree, but IF we could gain interest from a decent prospective coach, I'd have to fire Pettine right now... Why?

    Mishandling Gilbert

    Mishandling Bowe

    Mishandling the QB situation

    His defense has ran itself right into the gutter

    His team is playing like garbage... And steadily getting worse...

    I hate changing coaches every couple years but he has shown nothing in two years

    i don't think he has mishandled any player. truly i think he is a hard-headed coach that doesn't bow to pressure and plays who he thinks gives them the best chance to win. the players on your list are stepping on their own dicks. gilbert either doesn't want to be in cleveland or he just wants to get paid and doesn't care. i think he'll find out pretty quickly that that mode of thinking has to be changed. bowe? another washed-up old on the downswing type of FA that the browns are famous for signing.

    pettine's downfall this year is he has given up a lot of the decision making/play calling to underlings who are still wet under the ears. but to say he's done nothing when we had the best record last year since '97 is a little off don't you think?

  • @miktoxic said:

    just give 'people' more than a year and a half to try and put their vision on the field.

    holy christ, if no one EVER had a chance to apply what was laid out to the employer by the person telling them 'it might take 2-3 years to see the improvement' and just being a dumbass and saying "naw, i've seen enough" hit the bricks, i'll continue to pay you and like 20 other guys that i'm going to fire and then i'm going to sit down with somebody that looks a lot like you, says the same thing and then pay him and his 20 guys saying that you'd give them at least 3 years.......

    great business acumen.

    that type of boss wouldn't last a month on wall street.

    Normally I'd agree, but IF we could gain interest from a decent prospective coach, I'd have to fire Pettine right now... Why?

    Mishandling Gilbert

    Mishandling Bowe

    Mishandling the QB situation

    His defense has ran itself right into the gutter

    His team is playing like garbage... And steadily getting worse...

    I hate changing coaches every couple years but he has shown nothing in two years

    @thenew23 said:

    His team is playing like garbage... And steadily getting worse...

    I hate changing coaches every couple years but he has shown nothing in two years

    Yes, it's getting worse, but remember they were 6-3/7-4 and leading the North last year.

    I've said it a lot...simplify the schemes on defense. Quit substituting so many packages, and just line up and play, that's step 1.

    Step 2 is figuring out how this damn offensive line can't run block. I just don't understand how they haven't been able to run the ball since the Thurs night game in Cincy last year.

    That should be their focus during the BYE. Nothing else.

  • Bye week sounds like a good idea... count me in... or maybe "out" is more appropriate.

    A few pre-Bye thoughts:

    - The oldest source of pain for Browns fans that I can think of is knocking out the opponent's starting QB; today was another instance... albeit a weirder instance than most.

    - The run D was better; so of course the attack is now on the D in general, in a game when we were forced to start our JV 2ndary and even that showed decently before flag day started; even saw us generate some pressure.

    - I caught Orchard doing some good things today.

    - JM played well; I've no doubt he missed a play here and there, but he came back from an unfortunate start to show well. At one point in the 1st half I remarked "I think he's feeling it." I think it was right before Hawk's fumble. I expect to see more of JM and soon, AKA in two weeks. Should be plenty of time to install that read-option... 😉

    - Any of the crowd calling for Erving still here?

    Excepting AFCN pick maintenance... see y'all after Thanksgiving...

  • Bye 38

    Browns 3

  • too bad Haslam says there will be no changes at the bye week

    here comes 2-14

    www.Cleveland.com

  • although a head coaching change won't stop 2-14

  • Bye 38

    Browns 3

    @bbedward said:

    Bye 38

    Browns 3

    Lol, I'm picking 24 - 24. 5 quarter tie
  • @thenew23 said:

    Normally I'd agree, but IF we could gain interest from a decent prospective coach, I'd have to fire Pettine right now... Why?

    Mishandling Gilbert

    Mishandling Bowe

    Mishandling the QB situation

    His defense has ran itself right into the gutter

    His team is playing like garbage... And steadily getting worse...

    I hate changing coaches every couple years but he has shown nothing in two years

    i don't think he has mishandled any player. truly i think he is a hard-headed coach that doesn't bow to pressure and plays who he thinks gives them the best chance to win. the players on your list are stepping on their own dicks. gilbert either doesn't want to be in cleveland or he just wants to get paid and doesn't care. i think he'll find out pretty quickly that that mode of thinking has to be changed. bowe? another washed-up old on the downswing type of FA that the browns are famous for signing.

    pettine's downfall this year is he has given up a lot of the decision making/play calling to underlings who are still wet under the ears. but to say he's done nothing when we had the best record last year since '97 is a little off don't you think?

    @miktoxic said:

    i don't think he has mishandled any player. truly i think he is a hard-headed coach that doesn't bow to pressure and plays who he thinks gives them the best chance to win...

    the players on your list are stepping on their own dicks. gilbert either doesn't want to be in cleveland or he just wants to get paid and doesn't care.

    bowe? another washed-up old on the downswing type of FA that the browns are famous for signing.

    pettine's downfall this year is he has given up a lot of the decision making/play calling to underlings who are still wet under the ears. but to say he's done nothing when we had the best record last year since '97 is a little off don't you think?

    First, hard-headed is almost never a good thing. Also, him playing the players that "give him the best chance to win" sure hasn't ended up in many wins...

    Second, all I've seen from Gilbert is great STs play and improved CB play in his few reps last week. How do any of us (fans) know how hard he works?

    Third, can Bowe really be that bad that bad that he wouldn't even help us in the redzone. We have exactly 1 redzone target on our active roster without him...

    Last, giving up playcalling is his fault AND he's also on pace for our worst record since '99 (which was our worst season EVER)

  • Bye 38

    Browns 3

    @bbedward said:

    Bye 38

    Browns 3

    This is the funniest comment I have ever seen on this board.

  • @bbedward said:

    Bye 38

    Browns 3

    This is the funniest comment I have ever seen on this board.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    This is the funniest comment I have ever seen on this board.

    +1

  • Bye 38

    Browns 3

    @bbedward said:

    Bye 38

    Browns 3

    LOL-reminds me of an old Aggie football joke. They were playing Texas one year who led the Aggies by 3 late in the 4th when someone lit a cherry bomb. Texas thought the game was over and ran off the field. A&M scored 7 plays later for the win.

  • Bye 38

    Browns 3

    @bbedward said:

    Bye 38

    Browns 3

    Nice. Reminds me of Colin's joke on Whose Line a long time ago..

  • Bye's RB might throw up 100 yards rushing.