Skip to content

2016 DRAFT who's your boy?

The Browns Board
92 31 2.8k
  • I think it's safe to say that we're going to have a top five pick. Honestly, we could easily have the #1 or #2 pick, as I don't see too many games we can win, and Johnny simply doesn't have the running game or viable weapons to help him score touchdowns. Johnny made some progress, but he's going to struggle more this year. Defensive coordinators will be all over him once more tape is available, and we'll have to adjust on the fly. And adjusting on the fly, isn't exactly what our team is good at.

    So let's say we have the #4 pick, just as an example. I do like Bosa, and I like how disruptive he is. But the guy I really like and think has the most upside is my alma mater's very own Jalen Ramsey. He's a playmaking machine, and I think he can be a force in the NFL. I expect him to move to safety, but he might remain at corner. Regardless, he's an excellent blitzer, tackler, and is prone for big plays. I completely realize that taking a safety/corner that high seems nuts, and maybe it is...but he's the guy I want. And I want him BADLY.

    Is Josh Gordon back? Can he finally keep his head out of his ass? A betting man would say no, but there's always a chance. If we cut ties with him, which makes no sense, maybe we look at Laquon Treadwell at WR? 6'2 and plays bigger than his size. A true #1 WR option, which is what this team so desperately needs.

    I'd rather have a healthy Josh Gordon, but we all know too well the risks he brings.

  • @the-gipper said:

    We are done drafting fucking Alabama RBs in the first round.

    GB did just fine with Lacy and Henry has a lot more in common with him than he does with "Tiny" Richardson.

    @texasag1969 said:

    GB did just fine with Lacy and Henry has a lot more in common with him than he does with "Tiny" Richardson.

    Let the Cowboys or someone draft him then.

  • Bosa sounds like the real deal! We need this guy on our defense! I'm so hoping Manziel is our QB so we can focus on developing depth and picking up real talent this Draft. We need a RB and WR. How do you guys rate Elliot and Treadwell?

  • Not sure it's a given that Bosa will declare early. He might want to stick around and play a year with his brother who'll be a freshman. Supposedly his kid bro is better.

  • Paxton Lynch

    Connor Cook

    Joey Bosa

  • Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

  • Zeke

    Jones

    Spence

  • Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

    @bob806 said:

    Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

  • @bob806 said:

    Nate Sudfeld QB from Indiana

    The mean ass LB from Mississippi,Ndgecge?

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    @texasag1969 said:

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    Thank you. This guy is a stud, and would immediately be a presence (I did think he was an LB).

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    Thank you. This guy is a stud, and would immediately be a presence (I did think he was an LB).

    @bob806 said:

    Thank you. This guy is a stud, and would immediately be a presence (I did think he was an LB).

    He has played a lot of DT too I think this year. Some questions about motivation and off field stuff though. Browns don't need either of those.

    From Charlie Campbell-Walterfootball.com:

    Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

    image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Mississippi_logo.gif

    Mississippi_logo.gif

    Another defensive lineman? Well, the Rams signed Nick Fairley to a 1-year contract, and Michael Brockers is nearing the end of his deal. Here's an interior-defensive line talent to help fill the void at one spot. Nkemdiche next to Aaron Donald could be a nightmare for offenses. Nkemdiche has off-the-field issues, but the Rams have been willing to work with players with those concerns.

    Nkemdiche (6-4, 296) has a tremendous skill set with the speed and agility of a linebacker. For the NFL, there is no doubt that he has the ability to be a disruptive presence at the point of attack. NFL sources say that while Nkemdiche has a great skill set, he isn't a natural pass-rusher, and that can be seen in his sack production. He consistently breaks into the backfield, but rarely ever finishes a play. Part of the reason for that is he has poor awareness. I've spoken with GMs who share my opinion that Nkemdiche is one of the most overrated players in this draft class.

    This season, Nkemdiche has 17 tackles, 5.5 for a loss and 1.5 sacks, plus he caught a 31-yard touchdown pass. Nkemdiche recorded 35 tackles with two sacks in 2014. He flashed, but lacked consistency. As a freshman, Nkemdiche totaled 34 tackles with two sacks and eight tackles for a loss. He has a total 5.5 sacks in his collegiate career.

    Multiple teams have told me that they have off-the-field concerns with Nkemdiche. One team said he has serious baggage. Another said that Nkemdiche loves the limelight and wants to be a movie star. They'd like to see him have the desire to dominate on the field.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Interesting take by BR says we get rid of Farmer and take Treadwell as #1 overall. I'd think we would trade down a bit if we want him as top pick for us.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2590328-2016-nfl-mock-draft-1st-round-predictions-for-top-prospects

  • I thought he was a DT, tbh.

  • Seriously. Joey fucking Bosa. I haven't been as all in on a prospect since, well Trent Richardson...but never mind that. Him next to Danny Shelton could be lethal.

  • Which is why we need to lose out. Blt currently has the top pick and they are projected at least to be interested in Bosa. Can't happen. Cant fucking happen. Can't allow it. Hey if we didn't land Bosa but he went somewhere else in the NFL, oh well. But We cannot let him fall to the North somewhere.

  • And if we were smart we'd use him more as a 4-3 DE. Get rid of Kruger, keep Mingo as a cover LB'er and Orchard as OLB'er when you want to run 3-4 looks. We really good have a nasty hybrid D with Bosa's versatility.

  • Kruger as a DE would be pretty effective I think.

  • To repeat myself, the more I see Jaylon Smith from ND the more I'd love to see him in a Browns uniform. Turning around the defense begins with having "the dude" (think Mack, Luke K, the murderer Ray Lewis) in the middle of it which this guy can be.

  • Kruger as a DE would be pretty effective I think.

    @gftchris said:

    Kruger as a DE would be pretty effective I think.

    as a backup DE. He can put weight back on and maybe get his bulrush back but his refined pass rushing techniques are non existent. He hasn't learned them by now he never will. He's a year or two from being out of the league. One trick bull rushing ponies aren't highly sought after commodities. Bosa is already levels above Kruger in terms of technique.

  • Which is why we need to lose out. Blt currently has the top pick and they are projected at least to be interested in Bosa. Can't happen. Cant fucking happen. Can't allow it. Hey if we didn't land Bosa but he went somewhere else in the NFL, oh well. But We cannot let him fall to the North somewhere.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Which is why we need to lose out. Blt currently has the top pick and they are projected at least to be interested in Bosa. Can't happen. Cant fucking happen. Can't allow it. Hey if we didn't land Bosa but he went somewhere else in the NFL, oh well. But We cannot let him fall to the North somewhere.

    No, Browns have top pick.

  • I am having muddled thinking about this: I am usually a "draft defense first" kind of guy.....but I do NOT trust the people running the Browns defense. If they take a high pick like Bosa Jim O'Neil will probably want him to play cover rather than rushing the passer....like he does with Mingo.

    So, I am leery about drafting defense. So maybe Offense is the way to go. But who? Sure, a WR would be nice.....but I don't want a Braylon Edwards retread. NO QBs are worthy of such a high pick from what I see.

    Who? What?

  • To repeat myself, the more I see Jaylon Smith from ND the more I'd love to see him in a Browns uniform. Turning around the defense begins with having "the dude" (think Mack, Luke K, the murderer Ray Lewis) in the middle of it which this guy can be.

    @jrb12711 said:

    To repeat myself, the more I see Jaylon Smith from ND the more I'd love to see him in a Browns uniform. Turning around the defense begins with having "the dude" (think Mack, Luke K, the murderer Ray Lewis) in the middle of it which this guy can be.

    Ding ding ding ding.......this is where Im at right now...

    Its early, but he might be the best "need" pick...for sure...

    Browns desperately need a dominant OLB(we did last year too)......pass on olb again and watch our Defense continue to suck