Skip to content

Ray Farmer Attends Stanford vs Cal Game

The Browns Board
35 23 1.3k
  • Kevin Hogan

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #17

    @7moses7 said:

    Kevin Hogan

    @calfoxwc said:

    Stanford's Kevin Hogan....

    I wouldn't count him out. He's everything I'd look for in a qb

    for the Browns. We'll see how JM fares in rest of the season.

    I still think JM is too short to be a consistent miracle worker.

    That's good for a laugh.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Farmer is scouting QB's which keeps him busy. I know we need wide receivers. We all know! We all realize he passed on some terrific talent in the last two drafts. To keep his job, he's going to have to improve the defense, receiving corp, and Oline. He had plenty of opportunities but said no in 2014. Look around the league at teams trending up, then look at who they drafted.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    A short quarterback needs tall wide receivers.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Goff is 6'4 and 210, so he's a bit of project. Lynch would be the only kid i'd be mildly intrigued with but not in the top 3 where we're gonna pick. There is no QB in this class worth that pick, they all need development which is something that doesn't work in Cleveland. It just doesn't. We all know it too. We need a couple years of O line rebuilding before i'm ok with drafting a kid high.

  • A short quarterback needs tall wide receivers.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @opal312 said:

    A short quarterback needs tall wide receivers.

    I am getting very tired of this...

    Can anyone make a case that it is actually true?

  • @opal312 said:

    A short quarterback needs tall wide receivers.

    I am getting very tired of this...

    Can anyone make a case that it is actually true?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    I am getting very tired of this...

    Can anyone make a case that it is actually true?

    I don't think a short QB needs tall WRs any more than a tall QB needs tall WRs.

    But if I were to play devil's advocate and make a case, guess I'd start with Brees throwing to Colston and Graham.

    Zombo

  • @tour2ma said:

    I am getting very tired of this...

    Can anyone make a case that it is actually true?

    I don't think a short QB needs tall WRs any more than a tall QB needs tall WRs.

    But if I were to play devil's advocate and make a case, guess I'd start with Brees throwing to Colston and Graham.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Zombo said:

    I don't think a short QB needs tall WRs any more than a tall QB needs tall WRs.

    Agree with that. Taller WRs tend to have larger catch radii plus the bulk and strength to fight for passes. That benefits any QB.

    First thing a QB does is read the coverage. How do taller WRs help him do that?

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #24

    My question is why he chose Cal/Stanford over MSU/OSU

  • My question is why he chose Cal/Stanford over MSU/OSU

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @flyin-j said:

    My question is why he chose Cal/Stanford over MSU/OSU

    Possible they have already put more homework in on those two teams and as Tour said, Farmer wanted some time with the West Coast scouting team.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I am getting very tired of this...

    Can anyone make a case that it is actually true?

    I don't think a short QB needs tall WRs any more than a tall QB needs tall WRs.

    But if I were to play devil's advocate and make a case, guess I'd start with Brees throwing to Colston and Graham.

    Zombo

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Zombo said:

    I don't think a short QB needs tall WRs any more than a tall QB needs tall WRs.

    But if I were to play devil's advocate and make a case, guess I'd start with Brees throwing to Colston and Graham.

    Zombo

    its old school & keeping it in the texas tree but, Staubach was thought to be small compared to his WR's but he was 6' 3" but never looked it on tv. Romo back, but with T. Williams, Whitten & Dez, Tony still looks small. JM with our Hobbits Corp of WR's. It's OK to Dream Big!!

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Seems like our problem was having tall RXs with stone hands. These guys now maybe short but have far fewer dropped passes. Not perfect but better.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I'd trade down, and get two first round picks.

    I'd draft a qb like Hogan in the second?

    Of course, it's ridiculously early...

    and draft a wr and Elliot in the first round.

    Then, I'd find some lb's.

  • And had Farmer stayed in CLE for the weekend the Headline would have been:

    "Farmer is Sitting at Home on His Ass When There is Work to be Done".

    I've no doubt he was QB hunting. As early as we may be picking, if there's a #1 out there, he'd better find that out. Add that he got face time with his West Coast scouts... pretty worthwhile trip.

    Meanwhile should JM prove out over the rest of the season... great! But the time to see the Stanford/Cal blend of talent was this past Saturday... and more Saturdays are coming.

    Keep hitting the road, Ray.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #29

    @tour2ma said:

    And had Farmer stayed in CLE for the weekend the Headline would have been:

    "Farmer is Sitting at Home on His Ass When There is Work to be Done".

    I've no doubt he was QB hunting. As early as we may be picking, if there's a #1 out there, he'd better find that out. Add that he got face time with his West Coast scouts... pretty worthwhile trip.

    Meanwhile should JM prove out over the rest of the season... great! But the time to see the Stanford/Cal blend of talent was this past Saturday... and more Saturdays are coming.

    Keep hitting the road, Ray.

    You're...just you.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Farmer is a Dupa!

  • Zombo said:

    I don't think a short QB needs tall WRs any more than a tall QB needs tall WRs.

    But if I were to play devil's advocate and make a case, guess I'd start with Brees throwing to Colston and Graham.

    Zombo

    its old school & keeping it in the texas tree but, Staubach was thought to be small compared to his WR's but he was 6' 3" but never looked it on tv. Romo back, but with T. Williams, Whitten & Dez, Tony still looks small. JM with our Hobbits Corp of WR's. It's OK to Dream Big!!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @gumby73 said:

    its old school & keeping it in the texas tree but, Staubach was thought to be small compared to his WR's but he was 6' 3" but never looked it on tv. Romo back, but with T. Williams, Whitten & Dez, Tony still looks small. JM with our Hobbits Corp of WR's. It's OK to Dream Big!!

    Yea, I am surprised. I though Rodger the Dodger was like 6'0"

    So, which Hobbit if Johnny?

  • Stanford's Kevin Hogan....

    I wouldn't count him out. He's everything I'd look for in a qb

    for the Browns. We'll see how JM fares in rest of the season.

    I still think JM is too short to be a consistent miracle worker.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @calfoxwc said:

    Stanford's Kevin Hogan....

    I wouldn't count him out. He's everything I'd look for in a qb

    for the Browns. We'll see how JM fares in rest of the season.

    I still think JM is too short to be a consistent miracle worker.

    He sure looked tough coming back against ND last night. Nice touch on long passes. I can certainly see why Ray might have wanted a closer look
  • @calfoxwc said:

    Stanford's Kevin Hogan....

    I wouldn't count him out. He's everything I'd look for in a qb

    for the Browns. We'll see how JM fares in rest of the season.

    I still think JM is too short to be a consistent miracle worker.

    He sure looked tough coming back against ND last night. Nice touch on long passes. I can certainly see why Ray might have wanted a closer look
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    He sure looked tough coming back against ND last night. Nice touch on long passes. I can certainly see why Ray might have wanted a closer look

    And Cal's Goff looked good in the comeback win over Arizona St. last nigh.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Caught Hogan's final act last nite... nice final throw to another promising Stanford TE. Only pause is arm strength which looks good, but not great.

    The best part was the look on Hogan's face wondering who the dumbass was that burned their final time out with 6 seconds left.

  • @gumby73 said:

    It's your Defense that continues to lose games, Ray. Than your Hobbit Crew of WR's. Than yes your over achieving QB's that you have under contract till 2017. Lot can happen if you fix what's wrong first.

    Interesting......perhaps we should attribute Hobbit Names to our Hobbit WRs:

    Bilbo

    Frodo

    Pippin

    Merry

    Samwise

    Maybe a Dwarf or two thrown in: Gimli, Thorin

    Who is who?

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    Interesting......perhaps we should attribute Hobbit Names to our Hobbit WRs:

    Bilbo

    Frodo

    Pippin

    Merry

    Samwise

    Maybe a Dwarf or two thrown in: Gimli, Thorin

    Who is who?

    tumblr_n4lqk5ivZR1ta5t7xo1_500.gif