Skip to content

Survey Tuesday

The Browns Board
24 12 725
  • Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    No.....have zero reason to think he's GM material.....

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    Honestly, no one out there that excites me much.....Id rather see some better talent, than new coaches.....

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    So many teams, that were supposed to be good, have already tanked(including us)....one might find their way back.....here's one you all will love....Bengals fall and the Stoolers take the division....hahahaha!

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    eh....nothing "before my time" has any value.....

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    Often?.....none really....though I do like hooking my thumbs in my pants and calling people "pilgrim"......and I have a nephew named Luke, so it's always . "Luke, I am your uncle"....

  • Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:



    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?



    I think he plays another year, and I think Farmer gets another year.




    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?



    I want to see Pettine, I haven't considered others yet.



    That new OC in Indy looks good ... Chudzinski or something like that.




    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?



    Surprise good: Browns


    Surprise bad: Denver




    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.


    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).



    Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Bill Russell




    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?



    Stepbrothers and Stripes


  • 4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    eh....nothing "before my time" has any value.....

    That makes you ripe to be a Steeler fan FRAK

  • 4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.


    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).



    Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Bill Russell



    I thought you would have been old enough to have seen Russell. I saw both JB and Russell, but obviously not The Sultan of Swat.


    When did you start watching sports?


  • Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:



    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?



    I think he plays another year, and I think Farmer gets another year.




    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?



    I want to see Pettine, I haven't considered others yet.



    That new OC in Indy looks good ... Chudzinski or something like that.




    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?



    Surprise good: Browns


    Surprise bad: Denver




    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.


    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).



    Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Bill Russell




    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?



    Stepbrothers and Stripes


    Zombo said:

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    ... Stripes

    Bought to mind another for me... Caddyshack...

    "At least I've got that going for me."

  • Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    No. How could he possibly be in tune with this draft class while he's playing? He'd have to rely on our present scouting staff I would think.

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    If not Pettine, and offensive-minded coach like McDaniels.

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    KC Chiefs are playing well and have a head coach who knows what it takes to win.

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    Otto Graham, Joe DiMaggio, & Bob Cousy

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    Ghostbusters

  • 4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.


    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).



    Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Bill Russell



    I thought you would have been old enough to have seen Russell. I saw both JB and Russell, but obviously not The Sultan of Swat.


    When did you start watching sports?


    @the-gipper said:

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Bill Russell

    I thought you would have been old enough to have seen Russell. I saw both JB and Russell, but obviously not The Sultan of Swat.

    When did you start watching sports?

    I remember Wilt. But Russell retired in 69, the year I turned 5. I remember Browns games from 69, but no NBA. Became an NBA fan along with Cavs inaugural season of 1970.

    Zombo

  • Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    No.. not enough experience

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    Mark D'antonio from MS

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    The Chiefs.. It's just a random guess.

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    Jim Brown

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    The Godfather.

  • 5. Animal House..... Hey, you fucked up. You trusted us.

  • 5. Animal House..... Hey, you fucked up. You trusted us.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    5. Animal House..... Hey, you fucked up. You trusted us.

    Johnny Football mantra

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    5. Animal House..... Hey, you fucked up. You trusted us.

    Johnny Football mantra

    @the-gipper said:

    Johnny Football mantra

    @the-gipper said:

    Johnny Football mantra

    Either that or to Start drinking heavily

  • 1. Against, for now. But then, I'm a huge Farmer fan.

    2. Probably no one in the current NFL. Saban, Miles, D'antonio if they can be had. I always wondered why isn't Tressel attainable too.

    3. Given how many folks think they're going to suck, I'll say Denver will surprise and still be pretty dang good. As far as teams that have actually sucked so far, I'd say the Steelers will be ok in addition to the Colts and Seahawks.

    4. I'm not as in tune with football history as I'd like to be so I don't know.

    5. Remember the Titans, oddly enough. Wedding Crashers, Old School.

  • Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    Not GM. Would find another position for him in the unlikely event that he would actually come here.

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    God I hope its not Pettine. Brian Kelly

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    May not be a surprise, but I see the Bills being a wildcard team

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    Bob Pettit in basketball. Jackie Robinson in baseball. Red Grange in football. Joe Louis in boxing,

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    Tombstone, Platoon,

  • 1. Why not. Can he do any worse then the other fools

    2. Jon Gruden

    3. NE vs CAR. Undefeated SB

    4. Mickey Mantle. My fathers hero

    5. Major League. " You might run like Mays, but you hit like shit"

  • 5. What movies do you often quote lines from?



    Tombstone, Platoon,



    I'm your Huckleberry.


    You're a daisy if you do.


  • @the-gipper said:

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Bill Russell

    I thought you would have been old enough to have seen Russell. I saw both JB and Russell, but obviously not The Sultan of Swat.

    When did you start watching sports?

    I remember Wilt. But Russell retired in 69, the year I turned 5. I remember Browns games from 69, but no NBA. Became an NBA fan along with Cavs inaugural season of 1970.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I remember Wilt. But Russell retired in 69, the year I turned 5. I remember Browns games from 69, but no NBA. Became an NBA fan along with Cavs inaugural season of 1970.

    Zombo

    Damn Z, you're still wet behind the ears son. I'd have to go with Jim Thorpe. Favorite quotes out of Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, "If they'd just pay me to stop robbin' em, I'd stop robbin' em."

  • Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?

    2. Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?

    3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?

    4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).

    5. What movies do you often quote lines from?

    VesnaKociper said:

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are this week's survey questions. Please give your opinions or answers:

    <<1. So Peyton Manning as Browns GM, next year. You fer it or agin it?>>

    How can anyone offer an opinion on this?

    Because opinions are like assholes....everyone has one, a few people more than one.

    Of course whatever opinions are offered here have absolutely no affect on the operations of the Cleveland Browns (psst....including yours Ghoolie!)

    Manning has no qualifications or job performance with applicable experience. Why would he be better than Kosar? Why not Bradshaw, Phil SImms or Eric Zeir?

    Here is a novel idea. How about instead of hiring people from the perspective of a dumb ass football fan who idolizes ex players and recylcled GMs, the Browns actually hire someone based on their personal skills, beliefs, value system, intelligence and business philosophy? You know................. someone unique and out of the box? Oh, here is something to make your vagina pucker............... how about someone not with a football background? Oh wait, I am an idiot. Hiring guys with football backgrounds has really worked well for us so far..... hasn't it?

    2.<< Whether Peyton is GM.....who would you want to see as HC of the Cleveland Browns next year....if not Pettine?>>

    Again, mental masturbation.

    Of course.....its all for shits and giggles......this board is all about entertaining Browns fans...and wildass speculation on a subject such as this is just part of the entertainment process....or as you say, the mental masturbation process.

    (though....with a few on here I am not sure the masturbation is mental)

    A fan has absolutely no idea of what a HC's viability is to the team. The only thing fans can do is pimp whoever is on television and make all kind of fucked up pretend observations as if we really know these candidates from Adam. AGAIN, the better question is what values does a man have? What is his vision? His resume, per re doens't mean shit. Phil Sewage, who I called Ozzie's Coffee Fetcher, and Romeo Crennel who I called Belichik's coffee fetcher both had great football resumes. A football resume doens't mean shit. All it means is that a guy was a part of something big and got credit for it. Now, Bill B? yeah...... HIS resume means something........ but that shit head Holmgren? Only a moron didn't know he would fail. Sewage, Crennel, Holmgren didn't have one single credential that suited them for the jobs they won. HIRE THE MAN............ not the fucking resume.

    <<3. What team do you think will be the "surprise team" of the NFL the rest of this season and into the playoffs. This can be good.....or it can be bad (in other words, what team that is in good position now could tank in the next 6 weeks)?>>

    I see the Steelers in the AFC championship game. I am pulling for another Patriots SB. If not, the NFL is so bland and unremarkable, who gives a shit.?

    On the contrary....to me, seeing the Patriots and the Steelers in contention again is what MAKES the NFL bland and unremarkable. Those teams bore the life out of me. Sure, if you have a rooting interest in those teams that would not be the case (and perhaps you have a rooting interest in those teams). But for a neutral fan, no, those teams present a snooze fest.

    How about this unique idea: have teams that have not been in contention in a while become the favorites.....including a team that we may have a rooting interest in....say...The Cleveland Browns.

    But if not the Browns....I am all in for having the likes of the Panthers, Cardinals, Vikings, Chiefs...even the fucking Bengals etc. be contenders. Fuck the Patriots, fuck the Steelers.

    <<4. What player that played before your time would you have like to have seen play.

    Do this for football, baseball, basketball (or any other sport).>>

    James J Braddock. When I learned to box my Uncle Nick, a Jack Dempsey throwback used to tech me his style and tell me of his trials and tribulations. Braddock was a great, great American, a good Irish Christian, and a brave soul. If you never saw Cinderella man, you missed a great piece of American History.

    Nice one.

    <5. What movies do you often quote lines from?>

    "Shh......can you smell that - Ghost busters........"

    "Pyle, you (insert expletives)' Full Metal Jacket

    "Look at the big tits on that witch" (Wizard of Oz, cutting room floor)

    must have been the Wicked Witch of the East....or Glinda. (Margaret Hamilton had no tits to speak of)