Skip to content

Why don't we start Austin Davis?

The Browns Board
30 22 1.2k
  • Austin Davis was cut for Case Keenum. And is still no better.

    As a practice squad QB, you could do a lot worse.. He's the definition of replacement-level.

  • Am I the only one happy that the best QB on our roster is the starter again?

    Let's win some games.

    Zombo

  • Am I the only one happy that the best QB on our roster is the starter again?

    Let's win some games.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Am I the only one happy that the best QB on our roster is the starter again?

    Let's win some games.

    Zombo

    Ok....im in...

    Its amazing how little has been said about Josh losing his job to Johnny....

    In fairness, Josh has been the better player, better teammate and easily the most professional......Yet, Johnny gets his job anyway....AND even after that, folks say Pettine hates Johnny, Browns are unfair to Johnny, have an agenda against Johnny, yada yada yada....

    Now....Just imagine if Johnny put up Joshes numbers and Josh put up Johnnys numbers.....then they gave Johnnys job to Josh.....Oh the outrage would be unbearable!!!!!

    GO JOSH....you deserve it!

  • I agree Mudfly Josh deserves it- all time record of 450+ yards! What do you think of Connor Shaw for the future? End of last season I thought he looked like he had potential.

  • I agree, we need to see Davis ASAP. JM pisses me off cause my two scenarios were he plays well enough to be given the team or he plays well enough for us to get a high 1st round pick for him, maybe he would have to be packaged with another player for that I dunno....but now that's all out the window. He's gone next year and we will likely get shit. No one is gonna offer us anything cause they know we're cutting him after the last game. Fuck. Fuck is all I can say. Fuck fuck fuck. Cause now we're gonna draft a QB high that no one else had projected to be more than a mid to upper mid 1st round pick. In a draft rated defensively higher than when clowney and Mack came out. And said QB is gonna struggle and flounder behind an O line that is bad in perpetuity, and be out of the league in 2-3 years. This is what it is to follow the Browns. The same fucking story's repeat themselves every few years.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I agree, we need to see Davis ASAP. JM pisses me off cause my two scenarios were he plays well enough to be given the team or he plays well enough for us to get a high 1st round pick for him,

    Huh! I'm not seeing a 1 or 2nd round pick for Johnny. And i'm being very serious. 3rd round at best, but now, who knows.

  • I agree Mudfly Josh deserves it- all time record of 450+ yards! What do you think of Connor Shaw for the future? End of last season I thought he looked like he had potential.

    @deputydawg said:

    I agree Mudfly Josh deserves it- all time record of 450+ yards! What do you think of Connor Shaw for the future? End of last season I thought he looked like he had potential.

    I like everything about Connor........ except his arm.....I think he'd be a great back up and could give you some great games, but just doesnt have the velocity you need to be an every Sunday NFL starter....

  • @deputydawg said:

    I agree Mudfly Josh deserves it- all time record of 450+ yards! What do you think of Connor Shaw for the future? End of last season I thought he looked like he had potential.

    I like everything about Connor........ except his arm.....I think he'd be a great back up and could give you some great games, but just doesnt have the velocity you need to be an every Sunday NFL starter....

    @mudfly said:

    I like everything about Connor........ except his arm.....I think he'd be a great back up and could give you some great games, but just doesnt have the velocity you need to be an every Sunday NFL starter....

    So you're saying he's Colt McCoy?

  • @mudfly said:

    I like everything about Connor........ except his arm.....I think he'd be a great back up and could give you some great games, but just doesnt have the velocity you need to be an every Sunday NFL starter....

    So you're saying he's Colt McCoy?

    @gftchris said:

    So you're saying he's Colt McCoy?

    Id say yes....very fair comparison....

  • That's a shame I was hoping he was going to be better than that. Still a decent back up for the future hopefully.

  • That's a shame I was hoping he was going to be better than that. Still a decent back up for the future hopefully.

    @deputydawg said:

    That's a shame I was hoping he was going to be better than that. Still a decent back up for the future hopefully.

    Well, Austin Davis is supposed to be that. He is going to be the Browns backup in the foreseeable future. Will he be decent? I am hopeful.