Browns are designed to fail
-
Agree I have said before nothing will change until the stadium is empty and they are forced to make changes. I believe Petrine wants to change thing but is tied up by the front office and not allowed to coach. I am not saying sell you season tickets but just don't go for a year don't buy anything Browns. The changes would be over night.
Agree I have said before nothing will change until the stadium is empty and they are forced to make changes. I believe Petrine wants to change thing but is tied up by the front office and not allowed to coach. I am not saying sell your season tickets but just don't go for a year don't buy anything Browns. The changes would be over night.
I've said before- it doesn't freaking matter if the stadium is empty or not. The BIG cash cow for the NFL is television revenue. Haslam will be upset over an empty stadium though. It will be interesting to see how many empty seats posing as fans will be on view come Monday night.
-
Both Courtney Brown and Orlando Brown were injured by penalty flags?
No, that poster just screwed that up.
Its easy to criticize the Shelton/Irving picks now, but you have to remember that everyone and their brother, from the experts down to the average fan, loved the browns draft. Recall the browns received an A or A+ grade.
Trent Richardson was highly touted, and according to the experts was gonna be the second coming of Jim Brown. Projected to go very high. I recall browns radio personalities and fans calling for Richardson to be drafted. Oh happy day in Cleveland when it happened.
True...and for one play.....he looked like he would be that guy. It was like his second carry ever in the NFL and it was all downhill from there.
Both Courtney Brown and Orlando Brown were injured by penalty flags?
No, that poster just screwed that up.
Its easy to criticize the Shelton/Irving picks now, but you have to remember that everyone and their brother, from the experts down to the average fan, loved the browns draft. Recall the browns received an A or A+ grade.
Trent Richardson was highly touted, and according to the experts was gonna be the second coming of Jim Brown. Projected to go very high. I recall browns radio personalities and fans calling for Richardson to be drafted. Oh happy day in Cleveland when it happened.
True...and for one play.....he looked like he would be that guy. It was like his second carry ever in the NFL and it was all downhill from there.
That was maybe the only time in Richardson's pro career he actually SAW an opening and ran through it. His "run to darkness" posited by Marshall Faulk is well documented.

-
I have no idea what Peyton will do, but he seems like executive material to me.....and he also seems like a guy who needs to be challenged and would NOT want to sit back and relax at this early stage in his life.......
He could go into politics.....business for himself..... be hired by any kind of company etc....or coach.....
But I dont really see him settling for "announcer" or TV personality....except maybe for a year or so, while he seeks his next real opportunity...simply because I think it would be less than challenging or satisfying to a guy like Manning......
On the coaching side, he does have his own QB camp which is pretty successful....our guy Johnny was there(and got thrown out)....so, he does have a foot in the coaching door.....and though some folks think he "wouldnt want to work that hard", I would disagree and say he is exactly the type of guy who WOULD want to work that hard and probably will have a very successful second career(as opposed to a fluff job)......
So.....dont know what he will choose.....but he will definitely have many options and, its my guess that he will choose something that will challenge him and offer rewards beyond $$$.....
I have no idea what Peyton will do, but he seems like executive material to me.....and he also seems like a guy who needs to be challenged and would NOT want to sit back and relax at this early stage in his life.......
He could go into politics.....business for himself..... be hired by any kind of company etc....or coach.....
But I dont really see him settling for "announcer" or TV personality....except maybe for a year or so, while he seeks his next real opportunity...simply because I think it would be less than challenging or satisfying to a guy like Manning......
On the coaching side, he does have his own QB camp which is pretty successful....our guy Johnny was there(and got thrown out)....so, he does have a foot in the coaching door.....and though some folks think he "wouldnt want to work that hard", I would disagree and say he is exactly the type of guy who WOULD want to work that hard and probably will have a very successful second career(as opposed to a fluff job)......
So.....dont know what he will choose.....but he will definitely have many options and, its my guess that he will choose something that will challenge him and offer rewards beyond $$$.....
Well done! Your points about coaching and effort are excellent - but I question if he wants the commitment of at least 60 hours a week that seems to go with being an Offensive Coordinator. That's why I chose to mention how many well paid HOF QBs wanted to retire as a player into twice as many hours immediately thereafter.
I think he's a born competitor that would thrive in a front office especially for a very close personal friend like Jimmy. At least if he's a front office guy - he's been around Pro Football since he was wetting his last diaper through his dad. He knew what team to hand select coming off injury and he's witnessed to what it takes to win consistently from successful front offices in Indy and Denver.
Ozzie Newsome cracked in as a coach in Cleveland before he found a much more suitable position for himself in the front office.
-
One has to imagine that there is more profit to be made by winning a playoff game or a championship series or a Superbowl.
WSS
-
One has to imagine that there is more profit to be made by winning a playoff game or a championship series or a Superbowl.
WSS
One has to imagine that there is more profit to be made by winning a playoff game or a championship series or a Superbowl.
WSS
You would think so......
And....going one further.....a guy who doesnt want to win probably doesnt have the highest paid D in the league either.....or a 9 million dollar receiver on the inactive list.......
-
I find it strange when people say....same old Browns, they always do this or that...etc. People seem to forget that different owners, GM's and coachng staffs have been in place during this time. It's not like there's been any ineptness with a long-term management team. It truly is hard to believe that all of these different staffs, independent of the other staffs, did indeed make real stupid decisions, but each staff has to be judged on its own merit, and granted, they all sucked.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login