Skip to content

We have to draft Bosa

The Browns Board
142 32 4.2k
  • I don't watch too much Ohio State football, so don't bite my head off. I read a few short articles that stated Bosa might be better suited to a 4-3 style defense, where he has his hand on the ground and attacks from a traditional DE spot. I know that defenses nowadays are typically some kind of hybrid 3'4's or vice versa, but can Bosa play standing up? Does he play mostly at DE in college, or does he cover as well?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't watch too much Ohio State football, so don't bite my head off. I read a few short articles that stated Bosa might be better suited to a 4-3 style defense, where he has his hand on the ground and attacks from a traditional DE spot. I know that defenses nowadays are typically some kind of hybrid 3'4's or vice versa, but can Bosa play standing up? Does he play mostly at DE in college, or does he cover as well?

    I wouldn't worry about it. 3-4, 4-3.....he is a player and that is what we need.

    (besides....we have our best pass rusher doing "cover" now in this system.....why would Jim O'Neil want to change that?)

  • I don't watch too much Ohio State football, so don't bite my head off. I read a few short articles that stated Bosa might be better suited to a 4-3 style defense, where he has his hand on the ground and attacks from a traditional DE spot. I know that defenses nowadays are typically some kind of hybrid 3'4's or vice versa, but can Bosa play standing up? Does he play mostly at DE in college, or does he cover as well?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't watch too much Ohio State football, so don't bite my head off. I read a few short articles that stated Bosa might be better suited to a 4-3 style defense, where he has his hand on the ground and attacks from a traditional DE spot. I know that defenses nowadays are typically some kind of hybrid 3'4's or vice versa, but can Bosa play standing up? Does he play mostly at DE in college, or does he cover as well?

    I'll leave it for CleveFan and others who are bigger Bosa backers than I for a definitive answer, but I do not think Bosa is DQ'd from being a 3-4 DE. I think he'd be underutilized as such in some schemes such as ours, but could do the job.

    He could be a Kruger-ish, weak-side, hybrid DE/OLB as OSU does drop him at times, albeit out of a 3-point in more of a zone-blitz, change of pace variation.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't watch too much Ohio State football, so don't bite my head off. I read a few short articles that stated Bosa might be better suited to a 4-3 style defense, where he has his hand on the ground and attacks from a traditional DE spot. I know that defenses nowadays are typically some kind of hybrid 3'4's or vice versa, but can Bosa play standing up? Does he play mostly at DE in college, or does he cover as well?

    I'll leave it for CleveFan and others who are bigger Bosa backers than I for a definitive answer, but I do not think Bosa is DQ'd from being a 3-4 DE. I think he'd be underutilized as such in some schemes such as ours, but could do the job.

    He could be a Kruger-ish, weak-side, hybrid DE/OLB as OSU does drop him at times, albeit out of a 3-point in more of a zone-blitz, change of pace variation.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'll leave it for CleveFan and others who are bigger Bosa backers than I for a definitive answer, but I do not think Bosa is DQ'd from being a 3-4 DE. I think he'd be underutilized as such in some schemes such as ours, but could do the job.

    He could be a Kruger-ish, weak-side, hybrid DE/OLB as OSU does drop him at times, albeit out of a 3-point in more of a zone-blitz, change of pace variation.

    Depends on the call. Joey has shown a great ability to play effectively from the 3, 4 and the 5 spot.

    Where would he be if we have to use the traditonal "43" as people call it - then he'd be a LDE.

    edit: Regarding Tour's opinion on seeing whole games with Joey dominating, I've not found any this year.

    I've seen flashes, downs, full series, even halves of monster play.... not a full game yet. However unlike Clowney he hasn't completely checked out only to return to form when called out (Michigan's Oline) and he doesn't overwhelm his blockers by athletic ability alone.

  • Bosa Bosa Bosa I remember how happy some of you were when we got Simon Frazier smh. The Draft is way off and we never draft anybody worth a warm cup of piss anyhow. But besides that you were one of the ones that wanted to suck Beanie Wellls cock and how did that end up for Wells? Sick of this every year how some of you think we should draft all Buckeyes.

    @medicineman said:

    Bosa Bosa Bosa I remember how happy some of you were when we got Simon Frazier smh. The Draft is way off and we never draft anybody worth a warm cup of piss anyhow. But besides that you were one of the ones that wanted to suck Beanie Wellls cock and how did that end up for Wells? Sick of this every year how some of you think we should draft all Buckeyes.

    Dom gummit, just when I thought I could drink beverages at the laptop here comes Med with a classic. I don't know if this is a coincidence or what but they're playing Don McLean's "Vincent" on the radio right now. Starry, starry nights...

    I'm more worried about who's doing the drafting than who we're drafting first.

  • Joey figured out how to get out of his bowl game?

  • Joey figured out how to get out of his bowl game?

    @tour2ma said:

    Joey figured out how to get out of his bowl game?

    At least he didn't drunk punch a cop like the TCU QB did

  • Joey figured out how to get out of his bowl game?

    @tour2ma said:

    Joey figured out how to get out of his bowl game?

    I'm not an OSU fan but it looked like a fairly normal hit. The commentators kept saying he has to tackle with his facemask. Not sure what that means but its hard as hell to tackle someone without lowering your head... And keeping your head up is just asking for a neck injury...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Joey figured out how to get out of his bowl game?

    I'm not an OSU fan but it looked like a fairly normal hit. The commentators kept saying he has to tackle with his facemask. Not sure what that means but its hard as hell to tackle someone without lowering your head... And keeping your head up is just asking for a neck injury...

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    I'm not an OSU fan but it looked like a fairly normal hit. The commentators kept saying he has to tackle with his facemask. Not sure what that means but its hard as hell to tackle someone without lowering your head... And keeping your head up is just asking for a neck injury...

    It's because he led with the crown of the helmet which apparently is targeting in college.

    He scores some points with me for this message:

    Joey Bosa ‏@jbbigbear 10m10 minutes ago

    I'm sorry, I love you buckeye nation.

  • Bosa is a luxury, we have to take a QB at #2. Every teams goal should be to pick at #32. Should be the Browns goal for next season. That being said we (hope)may not pick this high for a long time.

  • Bosa is a luxury, we have to take a QB at #2. Every teams goal should be to pick at #32. Should be the Browns goal for next season. That being said we (hope)may not pick this high for a long time.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Bosa is a luxury, we have to take a QB at #2. Every teams goal should be to pick at #32. Should be the Browns goal for next season. That being said we (hope)may not pick this high for a long time.

    You don't take a QB at #2 if there isn't a QB worthy of that pick. I'm not convinced any of these guys are the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Bosa is a luxury, we have to take a QB at #2. Every teams goal should be to pick at #32. Should be the Browns goal for next season. That being said we (hope)may not pick this high for a long time.

    You don't take a QB at #2 if there isn't a QB worthy of that pick. I'm not convinced any of these guys are the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

    @mark-o said:

    You don't take a QB at #2 if there isn't a QB worthy of that pick. I'm not convinced any of these guys are the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Joey figured out how to get out of his bowl game?

    I'm not an OSU fan but it looked like a fairly normal hit. The commentators kept saying he has to tackle with his facemask. Not sure what that means but its hard as hell to tackle someone without lowering your head... And keeping your head up is just asking for a neck injury...

    Tweet or no tweet... the only thing he could have done to make what he did more obvious would have been to clasp his hands behind his back.

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Not sure what that means but its hard as hell to tackle someone without lowering your head... And keeping your head up is just asking for a neck injury...

    Exactly the opposite actually... The neck is made to bend. Compression is the source of spinal injuries. That is why the rule is: "See what you hit!"

  • @mark-o said:

    You don't take a QB at #2 if there isn't a QB worthy of that pick. I'm not convinced any of these guys are the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    In some cases...but those same mock draft sites said that Trent Richardson was the most NFL ready running back in the draft and a game changer. How did that turn out?

  • Tweet or no tweet... the only thing he could have done to make what he did more obvious would have been to clasp his hands behind his back.

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Not sure what that means but its hard as hell to tackle someone without lowering your head... And keeping your head up is just asking for a neck injury...

    Exactly the opposite actually... The neck is made to bend. Compression is the source of spinal injuries. That is why the rule is: "See what you hit!"

    @tour2ma said:

    Tweet or no tweet... the only thing he could have done to make what he did more obvious would have been to clasp his hands behind his back.

    Exactly the opposite actually... The neck is made to bend. Compression is the source of spinal injuries. That is why the rule is: "See what you hit!"

    Yep...Im not sure I like the penalty being ejection, but they've been pretty consistent with it all year. The tweet to me showed that he is someone who owns up to his mistakes as opposed to making excuses.

  • @mark-o said:

    You don't take a QB at #2 if there isn't a QB worthy of that pick. I'm not convinced any of these guys are the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    That's just it though. QBs will always get drafted highly regardless of talent because it is the most important position. Drafting a QB high doesn't mean they are good.. Look at RG3, Brandon Weedon, Jake Locker. Trusting mock drafts is also pointless. Kiper and mcshay do it every year and get maybe 2 or 3 correct in the first round..

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    In some cases...but those same mock draft sites said that Trent Richardson was the most NFL ready running back in the draft and a game changer. How did that turn out?

    @mark-o said:

    In some cases...but those same mock draft sites said that Trent Richardson was the most NFL ready running back in the draft and a game changer. How did that turn out?

    your going to use one tragic bust to support that theory, just how good could we have been had we taken carr, taken watkins and so on that the mocks had us taking, passed on clay matthews. Some mocks have us taking Lynch some Bosa most have Goff as the first QB off the board in the top 5. 2 is not a reach.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    That's just it though. QBs will always get drafted highly regardless of talent because it is the most important position. Drafting a QB high doesn't mean they are good.. Look at RG3, Brandon Weedon, Jake Locker. Trusting mock drafts is also pointless. Kiper and mcshay do it every year and get maybe 2 or 3 correct in the first round..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    That's just it though. QBs will always get drafted highly regardless of talent because it is the most important position. Drafting a QB high doesn't mean they are good.. Look at RG3, Brandon Weedon, Jake Locker. Trusting mock drafts is also pointless. Kiper and mcshay do it every year and get maybe 2 or 3 correct in the first round..

    2 or 3 correct to the teams they pick, most talent is spot on for the round they get picked in. Forget where a player went just look at the round and go back and evaluate the picks it far more than 2 or 3. Would you be complaining had we taken Carr instead of the Gilbert. If we would have followed that mock we would have had Bridgewater instead of the ass clown manziel

  • @mark-o said:

    You don't take a QB at #2 if there isn't a QB worthy of that pick. I'm not convinced any of these guys are the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Goff will go #4 or #5 to SF so why in your opinion is he not worthy of #2, I trust the mock draft sites opinions more than anyone's opinion in here. Hell if our front office would have just followed those sites alone we would not be in this mess.

    So you trust all those sites that had both Manziel and Gilbert as being top 10 picks?

    How often do you send money overseas for lottery winnings?

  • @mark-o said:

    In some cases...but those same mock draft sites said that Trent Richardson was the most NFL ready running back in the draft and a game changer. How did that turn out?

    your going to use one tragic bust to support that theory, just how good could we have been had we taken carr, taken watkins and so on that the mocks had us taking, passed on clay matthews. Some mocks have us taking Lynch some Bosa most have Goff as the first QB off the board in the top 5. 2 is not a reach.

    @topdawg31 said:

    your going to use one tragic bust to support that theory, just how good could we have been had we taken carr, taken watkins and so on that the mocks had us taking, passed on clay matthews. Some mocks have us taking Lynch some Bosa most have Goff as the first QB off the board in the top 5. 2 is not a reach.

    Ok..RGIII, Jake Locker, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith. Would you like more examples?

  • @topdawg31 said:

    your going to use one tragic bust to support that theory, just how good could we have been had we taken carr, taken watkins and so on that the mocks had us taking, passed on clay matthews. Some mocks have us taking Lynch some Bosa most have Goff as the first QB off the board in the top 5. 2 is not a reach.

    Ok..RGIII, Jake Locker, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith. Would you like more examples?

    @mark-o said:

    Ok..RGIII, Jake Locker, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith. Would you like more examples?

    all busts, what about Kalil mack, Carr, Bridgewater, Watkins, AJ green, Clay Matthews , Mike Evans we could have had anyone of those players but oh wait thats too high to pick them, so fuck that we need a QB and the best one is Goff, dont care if we pick him #1 overall or 10 we have to fix the QB position.