Skip to content

Orlando Brown Jr

The Browns Board
20 12 841
  • I remember thinking Brown Sr. was a good asset to the '99 team, along with Lomas Brown (who was very good during the '90s Lions era). The Browns failed with Pyne, Rehsuck and a few others. But at the time it seemed like a good move, to bring in veterans who had known what to do to build the team up.

    Will be interesting to see how Jr. improves next year--can he cut down on the fouls.

  • I remember thinking Brown Sr. was a good asset to the '99 team, along with Lomas Brown (who was very good during the '90s Lions era). The Browns failed with Pyne, Rehsuck and a few others. But at the time it seemed like a good move, to bring in veterans who had known what to do to build the team up.

    Will be interesting to see how Jr. improves next year--can he cut down on the fouls.

    @asiandawg said:

    I remember thinking Brown Sr. was a good asset to the '99 team, along with Lomas Brown (who was very good during the '90s Lions era). The Browns failed with Pyne, Rehsuck and a few others. But at the time it seemed like a good move, to bring in veterans who had known what to do to build the team up.

    Will be interesting to see how Jr. improves next year--can he cut down on the fouls.

    I wonder if he has Elk and Elk on speed dial like his old man. ..

    😉

    WSS

  • First-time member and came across this post.

    I've folowed the Browns for years but never heard of the Orlando Brown story. Very interesting! He could have been seriously hurt. 😡

    @flugel said:

    I don't know if anyone remembers the last time we had an offensive line that put a RB in the Pro Bowl but our 2 OTs were undrafted FAs named Orlando Brown (Zeus) and Tony (T-Bone) Jones. Orlando might have had a tendency to look like he had 2,000 lb cleats in pass pro but dum gommit he could absolutely move people out and erase them as a run blocker. At 1 time in the weight room he was loading up a barbell with 1,000 lbs getting ready to put that on his upper back for squats until Bill Belicheck shut it down. One of the best run blockers I've ever seen here if you ever want to see us running the ball down the esophagus of Philly's playoff caliber front 7 or that of Dallas back in the 1994 regular season - it was a thing of beauty.

    In any event, tonight I'm watching Oklahoma play Oklahoma State and there's this gigantic dude I had to ask - who the Flock of Seagulls is this big bastard? No sooner did I learn he was Orlando Brown Jr; and I was watching a powerfully compact built Samaje Perine rushing for a 68 yard TD off the left edge Orlando Brown JR absolutely caved in like a John Deere Tractor. My football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia before I had any chance to get rational about where he could be landed and when he would be eligible for the draft. The Zeus has a Deuce? How cool is that?

    Here's a link of the highlight and it gives you a nice replay: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14245964

    Brown crushes the DE so bad he knocks him right through the playside LBer.

    @asiandawg said:

    First-time member and came across this post.

    I've folowed the Browns for years but never heard of the Orlando Brown story. Very interesting! He could have been seriously hurt. 😡

    15 to 20 million dollars is pretty serious
  • I don't know if anyone remembers the last time we had an offensive line that put a RB in the Pro Bowl but our 2 OTs were undrafted FAs named Orlando Brown (Zeus) and Tony (T-Bone) Jones. Orlando might have had a tendency to look like he had 2,000 lb cleats in pass pro but dum gommit he could absolutely move people out and erase them as a run blocker. At 1 time in the weight room he was loading up a barbell with 1,000 lbs getting ready to put that on his upper back for squats until Bill Belicheck shut it down. One of the best run blockers I've ever seen here if you ever want to see us running the ball down the esophagus of Philly's playoff caliber front 7 or that of Dallas back in the 1994 regular season - it was a thing of beauty.

    In any event, tonight I'm watching Oklahoma play Oklahoma State and there's this gigantic dude I had to ask - who the Flock of Seagulls is this big bastard? No sooner did I learn he was Orlando Brown Jr; and I was watching a powerfully compact built Samaje Perine rushing for a 68 yard TD off the left edge Orlando Brown JR absolutely caved in like a John Deere Tractor. My football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia before I had any chance to get rational about where he could be landed and when he would be eligible for the draft. The Zeus has a Deuce? How cool is that?

    Here's a link of the highlight and it gives you a nice replay: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14245964

    Brown crushes the DE so bad he knocks him right through the playside LBer.

    @flugel said:

    I don't know if anyone remembers the last time we had an offensive line that put a RB in the Pro Bowl but our 2 OTs were undrafted FAs named Orlando Brown (Zeus) and Tony (T-Bone) Jones. Orlando might have had a tendency to look like he had 2,000 lb cleats in pass pro but dum gommit he could absolutely move people out and erase them as a run blocker. At 1 time in the weight room he was loading up a barbell with 1,000 lbs getting ready to put that on his upper back for squats until Bill Belicheck shut it down. One of the best run blockers I've ever seen here if you ever want to see us running the ball down the esophagus of Philly's playoff caliber front 7 or that of Dallas back in the 1994 regular season - it was a thing of beauty.

    In any event, tonight I'm watching Oklahoma play Oklahoma State and there's this gigantic dude I had to ask - who the Flock of Seagulls is this big bastard? No sooner did I learn he was Orlando Brown Jr; and I was watching a powerfully compact built Samaje Perine rushing for a 68 yard TD off the left edge Orlando Brown JR absolutely caved in like a John Deere Tractor. My football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia before I had any chance to get rational about where he could be landed and when he would be eligible for the draft. The Zeus has a Deuce? How cool is that?

    Here's a link of the highlight and it gives you a nice replay: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14245964

    Brown crushes the DE so bad he knocks him right through the playside LBer.

    The fact that you have a football wood factor is astonishing. I mean, what is the scale: balsa, ash, beech, oak, elm, walnut, redwood, sequoia?

    Me, I am just hoping to ward off ancient bristlecone pine. 😆

  • I remember thinking Brown Sr. was a good asset to the '99 team, along with Lomas Brown (who was very good during the '90s Lions era). The Browns failed with Pyne, Rehsuck and a few others. But at the time it seemed like a good move, to bring in veterans who had known what to do to build the team up.

    Will be interesting to see how Jr. improves next year--can he cut down on the fouls.

    @asiandawg said:

    I remember thinking Brown Sr. was a good asset to the '99 team, along with Lomas Brown (who was very good during the '90s Lions era). The Browns failed with Pyne, Rehsuck and a few others. But at the time it seemed like a good move, to bring in veterans who had known what to do to build the team up.

    Will be interesting to see how Jr. improves next year--can he cut down on the fouls.

    Lomas Brown was shit. He came here for his check and did nothing but gripe. That fucker can fuck off.

  • @asiandawg said:

    I remember thinking Brown Sr. was a good asset to the '99 team, along with Lomas Brown (who was very good during the '90s Lions era). The Browns failed with Pyne, Rehsuck and a few others. But at the time it seemed like a good move, to bring in veterans who had known what to do to build the team up.

    Will be interesting to see how Jr. improves next year--can he cut down on the fouls.

    Lomas Brown was shit. He came here for his check and did nothing but gripe. That fucker can fuck off.

    @the-gipper said:

    Lomas Brown was shit. He came here for his check and did nothing but gripe. That fucker can fuck off.

    Remember his nickname? Loafass Brown.

    WSS

  • In that DE's defense it did look like he took an inside cut and the tackle did what you're supposed to, wash him out cause the RB will read that and bounce. The play could have sprung off guard if the DE decided to attack the outside shoulder.

    Also, the zeus has a deuce would be an incredibly awkward moniker the kid would never live down so long as he played. lol

  • wasn't Orlando the one who got the refs flag to the eyeball and then, understandably, grabbed the little fucker?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Lomas Brown was shit. He came here for his check and did nothing but gripe. That fucker can fuck off.

    Remember his nickname? Loafass Brown.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Remember his nickname? Loafass Brown.

    WSS

    Precisely.

  • Orlando Brown was one scary ass, DC motherfucker.

    EVERYONE was afraid of that dude. Triplette is lucky he didn't eat him. If he could see he probably would have.

    Remember "Get the LowDown with Lomas Brown" radio show on KNR I think?

    Just another check collector to come crawling through C-Town.

    Good stuff on the kid, Flugs. Intriguing.

  • True story I used to have a friend that worked at the browns training facility as a cook. Well one day me and couple of friends are at her apartment smoking weed when suddenly there's this loud banging on the door and we all went and hid in the bathroom. Turns out the weed she had belonged to Orlando brown and it's him beating on the door while this bunch if teenagers is in the bathroom smoking it all.

  • wasn't Orlando the one who got the refs flag to the eyeball and then, understandably, grabbed the little fucker?

    @clevfan4life said:

    wasn't Orlando the one who got the refs flag to the eyeball and then, understandably, grabbed the little fucker?

    Pushed to the ground... rather authoritatively.

    At the time officials used lead shot to weight their flags. After that week they switched to popcorn. Also remember Orlando citing a family history of blindness for his reaction in part.