Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Ravens Monday Night Football Game Thread***

The Browns Board
121 47 7.0k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #13

    It's a Monday night battle for the top pick in the draft. Don't disappoint me boys.

  • @bbedward said:

    38-13 Browns

    I will be tailgating for this one 🙂

    And idk how Haden is still out.

    24 - 17 Browns!

    Haden can't pass baseline concussion protocol. He is pretty bad off and the possibility of his career being over is real. I hope not but I do know that it's no BS thing.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Haden can't pass baseline concussion protocol. He is pretty bad off and the possibility of his career being over is real. I hope not but I do know that it's no BS thing.

    There is an Adderall joke there that writes itself, but out of respect...

    I can't remember when this baseline failure has happened before.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Haden can't pass baseline concussion protocol. He is pretty bad off and the possibility of his career being over is real. I hope not but I do know that it's no BS thing.

    There is an Adderall joke there that writes itself, but out of respect...

    I can't remember when this baseline failure has happened before.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    There is an Adderall joke there that writes itself, but out of respect...I can't remember when this baseline failure has happened before.

    I think it has led to a couple of "early retirements" around the league. And Joe's early issues give me a lot of hope in Gilbert's future

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Haden can't pass baseline concussion protocol. He is pretty bad off and the possibility of his career being over is real. I hope not but I do know that it's no BS thing.

    There is an Adderall joke there that writes itself, but out of respect...

    I can't remember when this baseline failure has happened before.

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tour2ma said:

    There is an Adderall joke there that writes itself, but out of respect...

    I can't remember when this baseline failure has happened before.

    Jordan Cameron last year
  • Injury report looks brutal - Haden, Hawkins, Gabriel & Starks out, Bitonio questionable. Then again, Smith, Flacco, Forsett & Suggs on the other side isn't pretty...for them.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @gftchris said:

    Injury report looks brutal - Haden, Hawkins, Gabriel & Starks out, Bitonio questionable. Then again, Smith, Flacco, Forsett & Suggs on the other side isn't pretty...for them.

    I thought all those guys would be off the concussion protocol....wtf is going on?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Haden is apparently having real problems. He can't even pass the baseline neurological written exam or computer exam. No word on the others, I think they're further along, just not cleared yet.

    As for what it all means? Well, a whole lot of Bowe, I'm guessing. Inactives at least will be those four injured, Manziel, one DB (Gilbert?) *or* one DL (Cooper?), and one OL (injured Bitonio or Pasztor/Miller).

  • DeputyDawgD DeputyDawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Wishing Haden all the best, poor guy. If it's any consolation in rugby they won't allow concussed players back for 3 weeks minimum. It is possible he will still be okay on that time line so let's hope so for him and the Browns.

  • M MedinaDawg wrote on last edited by
    #20

    This has got to be embarrasing for Mary Kay Cabot. Her big news event to report for tonite's game is that JM, the THIRD string QB, will be active tonite. Whoopee!!!

  • A Andruw u wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Brian Hoyer is 14-8 as a starting QB from 2013-present.

    With anyone other than Hoyer starting from 2013-present, the Browns are 3-23.

    Hoyer's basic stats this year are 61.4 comp. %, 1,909 yards in 8 games, 15 TDs, 5 INTs, 1 fumble lost, 94.4 rating.

    I'm a Browns fan. I'll watch tonight anyway.

  • @bbedward said:

    38-13 Browns

    I will be tailgating for this one 🙂

    And idk how Haden is still out.

    24 - 17 Browns!

    Haden can't pass baseline concussion protocol. He is pretty bad off and the possibility of his career being over is real. I hope not but I do know that it's no BS thing.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    24 - 17 Browns!

    Haden can't pass baseline concussion protocol. He is pretty bad off and the possibility of his career being over is real. I hope not but I do know that it's no BS thing.

    he needs to retire now before it is too late..he has the moola to take care of himself and family if he is smart. No one is going to want him in a trade nor will it be worth it to continue play with the browns as they are not going to any sb for quite a while, if at all...

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    24 - 17 Browns!

    Haden can't pass baseline concussion protocol. He is pretty bad off and the possibility of his career being over is real. I hope not but I do know that it's no BS thing.

    he needs to retire now before it is too late..he has the moola to take care of himself and family if he is smart. No one is going to want him in a trade nor will it be worth it to continue play with the browns as they are not going to any sb for quite a while, if at all...

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @browns52 said:

    he needs to retire now before it is too late..he has the moola to take care of himself and family if he is smart. No one is going to want him in a trade nor will it be worth it to continue play with the browns as they are not going to any sb for quite a while, if at all...

    Whether or not he decides to play more will be his choice, but at least he will understand any long term risks

  • Brian Hoyer is 14-8 as a starting QB from 2013-present.

    With anyone other than Hoyer starting from 2013-present, the Browns are 3-23.

    Hoyer's basic stats this year are 61.4 comp. %, 1,909 yards in 8 games, 15 TDs, 5 INTs, 1 fumble lost, 94.4 rating.

    I'm a Browns fan. I'll watch tonight anyway.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @andruw-u said:

    Brian Hoyer is 14-8 as a starting QB from 2013-present.

    With anyone other than Hoyer starting from 2013-present, the Browns are 3-23.

    Hoyer's basic stats this year are 61.4 comp. %, 1,909 yards in 8 games, 15 TDs, 5 INTs, 1 fumble lost, 94.4 rating.

    I'm a Browns fan. I'll watch tonight anyway.

    And McCown, through 7 games, has a 65% completion percentage, 1,897 yards, 11 TD's, 4 INTs and a 95.2 rating.

    What are you trying to say? That McCown can do just as much as Hoyer in one less game and without DeAndre Hopkins?

    I guess you make a good point then.

  • A Andruw u wrote on last edited by
    #25

    No real point, certainly not one looking forward. It's just griping. I'm not even upset with McCown, because he's mostly played well, which goes to show how just bitching about QBs is just bitching, I'll admit it.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I just saw on NFL Total Access that Josh McCown's passer rating this year is 95.2, which is good enough for 4th in franchise history....... Wow, makes that ugly ass elephant in the room - shitty defense - stand out that much more.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #27

    What shitty defense?

  • Haden is apparently having real problems. He can't even pass the baseline neurological written exam or computer exam. No word on the others, I think they're further along, just not cleared yet.

    As for what it all means? Well, a whole lot of Bowe, I'm guessing. Inactives at least will be those four injured, Manziel, one DB (Gilbert?) *or* one DL (Cooper?), and one OL (injured Bitonio or Pasztor/Miller).

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
    #28

    @gftchris said:

    Haden is apparently having real problems. He can't even pass the baseline neurological written exam or computer exam. No word on the others, I think they're further along, just not cleared yet.

    As for what it all means? Well, a whole lot of Bowe, I'm guessing. Inactives at least will be those four injured, Manziel, one DB (Gilbert?) *or* one DL (Cooper?), and one OL (injured Bitonio or Pasztor/Miller).

    Mebbe he just stupid?

    It will be either a 9-6 suckfest or a 35-38 shootout.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #29

    You know i am going to watch and enjoy my browns play tonight

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #30

    My guess is, the ratbirds will switch it up, and work on stopping the pass tonight,

    and the Browns will find their running game.

    Or, they don't, and McCown throws for another 450 yards.

    who knows.

    Browns will win.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Bibbs is suited up

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Browns will play a lot of zone tonight and Schaub will reward someone with a pick six. Big game out of Crowell. Most complete game by the Browns this year.

    Browns 34

    Ravens 20