Skip to content

Biggest Bust Justin Gilbert?

The Browns Board
16 13 890
  • The thing is that if Pet tells Ray that he wants a certain player, then Ray is supposed to do some homework on the guy. He should have told Pet that the kids looks good on paper but not in real life and give it a thumbs down. HC can suggest players but the GM is responsible for talent.

  • Actually Gilbert is starting tonight. Even If it is that bad with him, lets see what he's got. Who is Kevin Jones anyway, and what "source" told him all this?

    I'll let his playing do the talking.

    Wouldn't call him a bust yet either.

  • I remember how he was touted as being able to play the pro style game with the rule changes that basically handcuff DB's

  • A lame ass after the fact article. You go back and look at the 2014 mock drafts and most of them have Gilbert going in the 10 top and most didn't have him going to the Browns. Now I'm not saying Gilbert hasn't looked terrible which he has but the consensus had him as the number 1 corner in the draft some had him as the 2nd best.

    Really man Gilbert and Manziel are the main reason that we are 2-13 over the last 15 games? No mention as to having the highest defensive payroll in the league and yet the Browns are last against the run and 30 overall on defense.

  • Mods, please merge with Tour's (duplicate thread).

  • Gilbert pick 6 tonight.

  • How about an injury and not returning to the game!

  • My first reaction after I replayed him getting flipped was that he found a way to not play.

  • i've been prob one of gilbert's biggest supporters on this forum.

    after last night i'm done.

    done with gilbert, the OL, the defense, our pathetic RBs, our midget receiving corp, the coaching staff and the FO. everyone and everything who is attached professionally to this team sucks ass.

    what a pathetic bunch of bums.

  • My first reaction after I replayed him getting flipped was that he found a way to not play.

    @tour2ma said:

    My first reaction after I replayed him getting flipped was that he found a way to not play.

    Ha.....I wondered the same.....Man, what a disappointment he is.....

    A few months back, I speculated he might actually be insane......Im thinking I was right......

  • i've been prob one of gilbert's biggest supporters on this forum.

    after last night i'm done.

    done with gilbert, the OL, the defense, our pathetic RBs, our midget receiving corp, the coaching staff and the FO. everyone and everything who is attached professionally to this team sucks ass.

    what a pathetic bunch of bums.

    @miktoxic said:

    i've been prob one of gilbert's biggest supporters on this forum.

    after last night i'm done.

    done with gilbert, the OL, the defense, our pathetic RBs, our midget receiving corp, the coaching staff and the FO. everyone and everything who is attached professionally to this team sucks ass.

    what a pathetic bunch of bums.

    Amen brother, amen.

  • Hey, George...

    I tried to warn you. Thing is this will be Rex's best season in BUF.

    Been thinking about this today. Seems like a good place to spring it. Here goes...

    If y'all are done with Rexy, then I'd like to offer him a job as Pet's DC.

  • Justin Gilbert did good last night. He almost broke that one for a long gainer. He started at CB last night did a good job, it was Williams who was getting abused. He was all eyes last night, gotta get his head on a swivel if he gonna run back kicks, boy is that kid fast though!

    Gilbert will be fine, he's gonna be a late bloomer. With Haden, Gilbert and Ekepreolamulapogula getting healthy, with Gipson and the other guys, our secondary will recover.

    I can't explain why our D has been bad other than it's a scheme thing. On paper we are pretty solid, with more help coming and a change of tactics I don't see why they can't improve from this season... They can't really get worse, so there's that...

    If we were to draft a defensive phenom like Bosa... What position would he play? In this Defense? In our Ideal Defense? I say ideal because there absolutely has to be a defense out there that with our current roster, we could be successful.

  • they need to fire oneil and flip tomorrow and pettine needs to take over the D and let some interim wr or te coach take over play calling because both are putrid.

  • Justin Gilbert did good last night. He almost broke that one for a long gainer. He started at CB last night did a good job, it was Williams who was getting abused. He was all eyes last night, gotta get his head on a swivel if he gonna run back kicks, boy is that kid fast though!

    Gilbert will be fine, he's gonna be a late bloomer. With Haden, Gilbert and Ekepreolamulapogula getting healthy, with Gipson and the other guys, our secondary will recover.

    I can't explain why our D has been bad other than it's a scheme thing. On paper we are pretty solid, with more help coming and a change of tactics I don't see why they can't improve from this season... They can't really get worse, so there's that...

    If we were to draft a defensive phenom like Bosa... What position would he play? In this Defense? In our Ideal Defense? I say ideal because there absolutely has to be a defense out there that with our current roster, we could be successful.

    @poeticg said:

    Justin Gilbert did good last night. He almost broke that one for a long gainer. He started at CB last night did a good job, it was Williams who was getting abused. He was all eyes last night, gotta get his head on a swivel if he gonna run back kicks, boy is that kid fast though!

    Gilbert will be fine, he's gonna be a late bloomer. With Haden, Gilbert and Ekepreolamulapogula getting healthy, with Gipson and the other guys, our secondary will recover.

    Well, you really look at things with rose colored glasses. If Haden comes back and Ekpre is what we hope he is.....Gilbert may be aufed. But Haden's future apparently is in question.

    I can't explain why our D has been bad other than it's a scheme thing. On paper we are pretty solid, with more help coming and a change of tactics I don't see why they can't improve from this season... They can't really get worse, so there's that...

    Sure it can be explained: a bad coach.

    If we were to draft a defensive phenom like Bosa... What position would he play? In this Defense? In our Ideal Defense? I say ideal because there absolutely has to be a defense out there that with our current roster, we could be successful.

    Bosa can play anywhere he wants.