Skip to content

Not that this team deserved to win but....

The Browns Board
23 12 1.0k
  • @calfoxwc said:

    and the other call. The defender had his forearm slower down Benjamin part way

    down the sideline....

    no call. and the phanton holding on the Browns, that never happened, but was called.

    The announcers picked up on that one... it was bogus.

    Of course it sure the hell makes a difference.

    Duke Johnson pretty much was smothered on the 2 yard line also......they whacked him well before the pass arrived.....yet another no call that might have made a difference.....had to settle for the FG instead.......

    No matter I guess.....the refs sure didnt help us, but as usual, we didnt help ourselves either.....

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mudfly said:

    Duke Johnson pretty much was smothered on the 2 yard line also......they whacked him well before the pass arrived.....yet another no call that might have made a difference.....had to settle for the FG instead.......

    No matter I guess.....the refs sure didnt help us, but as usual, we didnt help ourselves either.....

    Was that within 5 yards of LOS? I'm fuzzy on the rules there but it's the 'bump' part of bump-and-run coverage, they can be quite physical.

  • @mudfly said:

    Duke Johnson pretty much was smothered on the 2 yard line also......they whacked him well before the pass arrived.....yet another no call that might have made a difference.....had to settle for the FG instead.......

    No matter I guess.....the refs sure didnt help us, but as usual, we didnt help ourselves either.....

    Was that within 5 yards of LOS? I'm fuzzy on the rules there but it's the 'bump' part of bump-and-run coverage, they can be quite physical.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @gftchris said:

    Was that within 5 yards of LOS? I'm fuzzy on the rules there but it's the 'bump' part of bump-and-run coverage, they can be quite physical.

    It might have been within the five yards, but the ball was in the air, which means no contact can be made on the receiver. Replay showed the guy clearly hit Johnson early. It was still a ridiculous play, as Duke had no chance of going anywhere, but whatever.

  • @gftchris said:

    Was that within 5 yards of LOS? I'm fuzzy on the rules there but it's the 'bump' part of bump-and-run coverage, they can be quite physical.

    It might have been within the five yards, but the ball was in the air, which means no contact can be made on the receiver. Replay showed the guy clearly hit Johnson early. It was still a ridiculous play, as Duke had no chance of going anywhere, but whatever.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It might have been within the five yards, but the ball was in the air, which means no contact can be made on the receiver. Replay showed the guy clearly hit Johnson early. It was still a ridiculous play, as Duke had no chance of going anywhere, but whatever.

    Yeah...he wouldnt have scored.....But I think it would have at least gotten us a first down on the 2......

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Ahhh...I think you're right. Ugh...

    Just looked at the defensive stats for our team, and WOW. No sacks...none. *groan*

  • and the other call. The defender had his forearm slower down Benjamin part way

    down the sideline....

    no call. and the phanton holding on the Browns, that never happened, but was called.

    The announcers picked up on that one... it was bogus.

    Of course it sure the hell makes a difference.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @calfoxwc said:

    and the other call. The defender had his forearm slower down Benjamin part way

    down the sideline....

    no call. and the phanton holding on the Browns, that never happened, but was called.

    The announcers picked up on that one... it was bogus.

    Of course it sure the hell makes a difference.

    Yeah Cal, I saw that one too. It was an obvious PI that didn't get called.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ahhh...I think you're right. Ugh...

    Just looked at the defensive stats for our team, and WOW. No sacks...none. *groan*

    This team can't get a pass rush to save it's life. Saw Sunday night Rubin is starting for Seattle, but he wasn't good enough for us.

  • Ahhh...I think you're right. Ugh...

    Just looked at the defensive stats for our team, and WOW. No sacks...none. *groan*

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ahhh...I think you're right. Ugh...

    Just looked at the defensive stats for our team, and WOW. No sacks...none. *groan*

    And yet we had multiple blitzes without even one resulting in a sack. Pitiful.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    We didn't help ourselves but the refs definitely wanted the ravens to win and the browns to lose.

  • In any game that gets decided by 3 points every bad call makes a difference.

    WSS

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @westside-steve said:

    In any game that gets decided by 3 points every bad call makes a difference.

    WSS

    6 points

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Ahhh...I think you're right. Ugh...

    Just looked at the defensive stats for our team, and WOW. No sacks...none. *groan*

    And yet we had multiple blitzes without even one resulting in a sack. Pitiful.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    And yet we had multiple blitzes without even one resulting in a sack. Pitiful.

    And the ratbirds were starting 2 backups on the left side

  • C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #21

    An old line is, if you want to know what is going on, all you have to do is follow the money.

    In the NFL, all you have to do is follow the point spread.

    Call me crazy but...................

  • An old line is, if you want to know what is going on, all you have to do is follow the money.

    In the NFL, all you have to do is follow the point spread.

    Call me crazy but...................

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @chicopee-john said:

    An old line is, if you want to know what is going on, all you have to do is follow the money.

    In the NFL, all you have to do is follow the point spread.

    Call me crazy but...................

    I don't really think the refs are corrupt.....perhaps inept at times, but not corrupt. Not saying its not possible.....see that NBA ref....Tim Donaghy?....that was corrupt. But I just don't think so.

  • @chicopee-john said:

    An old line is, if you want to know what is going on, all you have to do is follow the money.

    In the NFL, all you have to do is follow the point spread.

    Call me crazy but...................

    I don't really think the refs are corrupt.....perhaps inept at times, but not corrupt. Not saying its not possible.....see that NBA ref....Tim Donaghy?....that was corrupt. But I just don't think so.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't really think the refs are corrupt.....perhaps inept at times, but not corrupt. Not saying its not possible.....see that NBA ref....Tim Donaghy?....that was corrupt. But I just don't think so.

    We always hope that isn't the case. Before the movie Casino came out it was easier.

    WSS