Austin Davis named starter against Bungles...
-
Its official....Davis starts this week.....
Start the cheering and whining....depending on your inclination....

I'm fine with this...why not. He looked ok Monday night in the little bit that I saw. But to me...it shows that for all the "this is a week to week thing" and "Johnny isn't done in Cleveland" stuff they're saying to the media. Johnny should get pretty comfy in the doghouse because that's where he's staying the rest of the year and I don't see any way he's back in Cleveland with Pettine as coach. It's possible they're both gone but if Pettine stays...Johnny is playing elsewhere next year.
-
Yeah, sure, why not. If Manziel needs more dog house time, sure.
-
He put us in a position to win - that's pretty much all you could ask out of a 3rd stringer in that situation.
Will he ever be starter material? Odds are against it, but we might as well play him to get an idea.
-
Not a surprise
-
Good with it, see what he's got. Don't think he's even taken any real snaps in practice until now and didn't look bad in a bad position the other night. Letter-Rip!
-
Future Tom Brady, boys.
Just sit back and enjoy.
-
I'm so excited I could shit.
-
Awesome news and it's exactly what I hoped for.......... This decision puts a fork in the Johnny Football experiment.
Awesome news and it's exactly what I hoped for.......... This decision puts a fork in the Johnny Football experiment.
Pump the breaks there Timmy. It's just one game, and if Davis shits the bed, people will be shouting for Manziel again. Plus, there's a pretty decent chance Davis gets injured.
-
I am definitely eager to see more. I just wish it wasn't against the Bengals. Their defense is talented, aggressive, and without too many weaknesses. It's a tall task to ask a third stringer to come in and play well, but this is why he makes the big bucks, and I wish him well. The task grows even more difficult when you factor in our abysmal running attack, as it appears any yards we get will come directly from the air. Gruden called us out pretty badly the other night about being one dimensional, and it especially hurt considering we were fed continuous quotes about how we WILL run the ball effectively and minimize the QB position. Anyways...good luck kid.
-
Well.... this pretty much confirms, to me that Pettine will not play Manziel under any circumstances, unless ordered to by Haslam. I'm certainly no Johnny Football fan. I don't think he will ever become a decent qb, but I could be wrong, I guess. Now I'm starting to think the Pryor acquisition was designed by Pettine to insure he would never be forced into playing Manziel. Not really fair....Pettine knows he's gone, and just going out his way. I have to say, at this point....good riddance.
-
Awesome news and it's exactly what I hoped for.......... This decision puts a fork in the Johnny Football experiment.
Pump the breaks there Timmy. It's just one game, and if Davis shits the bed, people will be shouting for Manziel again. Plus, there's a pretty decent chance Davis gets injured.
-
Future Tom Brady, boys.
Just sit back and enjoy.
Future Tom Brady, boys.
Just sit back and enjoy.
Maybe coach Mike can trade for Austin when he is defensive coordinator somewhere next season. Oh wait... I doubt he ever sees that job again.
WSS
-
Um lol. There's a reason this Austin Davis was unemployed when the Browns and their amazing ability to evaluate talent gave him a call.
-
Let's give Davis a chance, but I think he might be setup to fail. He's only had scout team reps so far..... Thats what Joe Thomas said.
Go get 'em Austin, i'll be rooting for you.
-
Its like you are on the phone to the junkyard making arrangements to have them tow your car away when your neighbor taps you on the shoulder and says hey how much do you want for that Buick?
WSS
-
Well, I am saddened yet another week. BUT I totally understand it. Davis is not a true third stringer, he is a good qb. Many teams screwed up by letting him stay thitd string for the Browns and not making him their backup (Cowboys for one).
I expect him to do well, just another step closer to Johnny being gone. I hate it, but it looks pretty plain, barring something else happening.
-
I'm so excited I could shit.
I'm so excited I could shit.
Go Browns!
-
Well, I am saddened yet another week. BUT I totally understand it. Davis is not a true third stringer, he is a good qb. Many teams screwed up by letting him stay thitd string for the Browns and not making him their backup (Cowboys for one).
I expect him to do well, just another step closer to Johnny being gone. I hate it, but it looks pretty plain, barring something else happening.
I expect him to do well, just another step closer to Johnny being gone. I hate it, but it looks pretty plain, barring something else happening.
I see no reason why we can't keep Manziel. He'll be at least a decent if not interesting backup next year.
Being held accountable for his actions is something he should expect anywhere. He's shown improvement this year. Keeping him is probably better than the 6th or 7th round pick we'd get in exchange.
The franchise QB spot on the browns is still open, and will be next year.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login