Skip to content

Austin Davis named starter against Bungles...

The Browns Board
152 45 5.7k
  • So when do we get zombos sat night manziel story lol

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @kvoethe said:

    So when do we get zombos sat night manziel story lol

    I know the story.... $50 to my charity account will get the story sent to you.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #87

    The Davis fanboys thread. Very nice.

    Give em hell, Austin.

  • Here's Pettines quote......sounds reasonable to me....

    Austin took advantage of his opportunity on Monday night. He was prepared, played well and put us in position to win,” Pettine said. “He’s been great in the quarterback room all season and he has earned the right to start on Sunday. We expect him to play well.”

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @mudfly said:

    Here's Pettines quote......sounds reasonable to me....

    Austin took advantage of his opportunity on Monday night. He was prepared, played well and put us in position to win, Pettine said. Hes been great in the quarterback room all season and he has earned the right to start on Sunday. We expect him to play well.

    This didn't apply after week 2 though. #PettineLogic

  • The Davis fanboys thread. Very nice.

    Give em hell, Austin.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @wargograw said:

    The Davis fanboys thread. Very nice.

    Give em hell, Austin.

    I don't think we have any Davis fanboys since I can't imagine anyone joined this board just because of Austin Davis being a Browns player. The same can't be said of young Johnny....

  • @mudfly said:

    Here's Pettines quote......sounds reasonable to me....

    Austin took advantage of his opportunity on Monday night. He was prepared, played well and put us in position to win, Pettine said. Hes been great in the quarterback room all season and he has earned the right to start on Sunday. We expect him to play well.

    This didn't apply after week 2 though. #PettineLogic

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @wargograw said:

    This didn't apply after week 2 though. #PettineLogic

    Week 2 was different...it was still early in the season and the starter shouldn't typically lose his job due to injury. And still.....we've seen all season it doesn't matter who plays QB for this team.....almost every week its the defense that loses the game.

  • @wargograw said:

    The Davis fanboys thread. Very nice.

    Give em hell, Austin.

    I don't think we have any Davis fanboys since I can't imagine anyone joined this board just because of Austin Davis being a Browns player. The same can't be said of young Johnny....

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #91

    @mark-o said:

    I don't think we have any Davis fanboys since I can't imagine anyone joined this board just because of Austin Davis being a Browns player. The same can't be said of young Johnny....

    Oh please, I've been around long enough to know that anybody that roots for a quarterback that somebody doesn't like is immediately called a faggot.

    😮

    WSS

  • @mark-o said:

    I don't think we have any Davis fanboys since I can't imagine anyone joined this board just because of Austin Davis being a Browns player. The same can't be said of young Johnny....

    Oh please, I've been around long enough to know that anybody that roots for a quarterback that somebody doesn't like is immediately called a faggot.

    😮

    WSS

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh please, I've been around long enough to know that anybody that roots for a quarterback that somebody doesn't like is immediately called a faggot.

    😮

    WSS

    I suppose you could be right. Can we just get a QB that wins for christs sake?

  • love the decision on Austin. But why do you tell your opponent " Ok wrap that shit on making JM beat us from the pocket & lets get the A. Davis tapes out". Pet clearly is troublesome with game strategy or is truly still pist at one Manziel? 2 QB's will be active Sunday & that's the time to tell your division team. Just a opinion.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @gumby73 said:

    love the decision on Austin. But why do you tell your opponent " Ok wrap that shit on making JM beat us from the pocket & lets get the A. Davis tapes out". Pet clearly is troublesome with game strategy or is truly still pist at one Manziel? 2 QB's will be active Sunday & that's the time to tell your division team. Just a opinion.

    Great point gumby

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by
    #94

    With this O line, it would be way more of a punishment to play Johnny...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #95

    Oh, but people did, Mark O. We had at least a couple of Southern Miss. posters here when he was signed. And I laughed and laughed, because some had said exactly what you did.

  • Oh, but people did, Mark O. We had at least a couple of Southern Miss. posters here when he was signed. And I laughed and laughed, because some had said exactly what you did.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @wargograw said:

    Oh, but people did, Mark O. We had at least a couple of Southern Miss. posters here when he was signed. And I laughed and laughed, because some had said exactly what you did.

    We had some SC guys for Connor Shaw too.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #97

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/24/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-nfl-partying-demotion-mailbag

    I assume someone has already posted this, if so I missed it by...

    WSS

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    I honestly think if they were done with Johnny they would play him now to showcase for trade. Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel. The only other thing that would make sense is if here is concensus internally that Davis is the better prospect to potentially start next year and I stress concensus.

  • I honestly think if they were done with Johnny they would play him now to showcase for trade. Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel. The only other thing that would make sense is if here is concensus internally that Davis is the better prospect to potentially start next year and I stress concensus.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @jcam222 said:

    Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel.

    Ive been expecting this since the roadside incident but, at this point, not so sure it's coming......still wouldn't be surprised tho.....

  • I honestly think if they were done with Johnny they would play him now to showcase for trade. Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel. The only other thing that would make sense is if here is concensus internally that Davis is the better prospect to potentially start next year and I stress concensus.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    I honestly think if they were done with Johnny they would play him now to showcase for trade. Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel. The only other thing that would make sense is if here is concensus internally that Davis is the better prospect to potentially start next year and I stress concensus.

    They want to see if Davis can be a stereotypical drop back, not scramble around and take massive shots, release the ball quickly and find more than one or two targets QB. McCown and Manziel both like to extend plays as long as possible, and I think they're looking for someone (dare I say) a little bit more Hoyer-like with the quick release, and they want to evaluate Davis as well as Manziel in game time.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel.

    Ive been expecting this since the roadside incident but, at this point, not so sure it's coming......still wouldn't be surprised tho.....

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Ive been expecting this since the roadside incident but, at this point, not so sure it's coming......still wouldn't be surprised tho.....

    NFL has said no suspension, so, no suspension?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    While you guys are debating how this effects Johnny and what defines a fan boy ....

    I just picked up Austin Davis and both my fantasy teams.

    I think he may start for my playoff bound Coon Dawgs over my other QB ... Brian Hoyer.

    Davis is going to light it up. We will get Hawk back, hopefully, to share the underneath stuff with Hartline, while Benji and Barny continue on their 1,000 yard plus paces. Pepper in some Terrelle Pryor and we are going to be just a pass-happy machine the rest of the way. Not like we have a running game.

    AD is going to light it up!

    Zombo

  • @mudfly said:

    Ive been expecting this since the roadside incident but, at this point, not so sure it's coming......still wouldn't be surprised tho.....

    NFL has said no suspension, so, no suspension?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    NFL has said no suspension, so, no suspension?

    well....there are 2 schools of thought.....they said no suspension for domestic abuse......I (and Jcam, I think) are referring to a suspension based upon the NFL drug policy, assuming there is a good possibility Johnny is in the program....

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    We would have known pretty quickly about that. Again, we don't know if he's in the system (wouldn't be shocked) or what he went to rehab for, so just speculation.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    I dont think anybody would know....its very very secret and MAJOR fines for any leaks($500,000)....

    And right, we dont know and are completely speculating.....BUT, if you read the policy, which I have and have posted here, you will see that johnny meets the criteria not once, but 3 different ways......

    Just entering rehab is enough to make him stage I.....(id list all the reasons again, but have posted this several times already)....just know that there are lots of reasons to believe he's in the program....and NO ONE would know unless Johnny made it public.....