Skip to content

Starting to hear rumors in TN

The Browns Board
38 24 1.7k
  • bigbaddawgjrB bigbaddawgjr wrote on last edited by
    #8

    How long did the old mighty Brown coached? 🙂 I don't know I think he has a good 6 to 7 years left in him of coaching.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Leave a regular CFB playoff contender to try and work with the Browns? Doubtful.

  • @bigbaddawgjr said:

    Starting to hear on local radio down in Nashville that Haslam is in love with Nick Saban. They had dinner together Sunday night. The talk is he would give Saban full control of the Browns. Just think Saban coming back to Cleveland. He was defensive coordinator for before the old browns moved. Then he went to Michigan State as a Head Coach. I think this would be awesome.

    How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mark-o said:

    How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

    as compared to what, the disaster we have now. I don't think saban is leaving alabama anyway.

  • Saban is 64 years old. That would make him the second oldest coach behind Coughlin. Can't see him trying to make the transition back to the NFL at that age.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @browns23 said:

    Saban is 64 years old. That would make him the second oldest coach behind Coughlin. Can't see him trying to make the transition back to the NFL at that age.

    he's 64. he doesn't look it at all. If he came to the browns he'd look 70 in 2yrs...

  • I don't know I think he would do better then anybody we have ever gotten as a coach so far.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @bigbaddawgjr said:

    I don't know I think he would do better then anybody we have ever gotten as a coach so far.

    i'd be better than any coach we ever had so far, so it ain't sayin much.

  • @mark-o said:

    How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

    as compared to what, the disaster we have now. I don't think saban is leaving alabama anyway.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @browns52 said:

    as compared to what, the disaster we have now. I don't think saban is leaving alabama anyway.

    The point is that he doesn't stick around when it gets tough. He will bail out quickly. If we are hiring a retread NFL coach. I could be talked into Gruden or I could be talked into Sean Payton. Although in both cases, I'd rather find the next Gruden or the next Payton but if we're going with a "name"....I could get excited about these two.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Dungy

  • @bigbaddawgjr said:

    Starting to hear on local radio down in Nashville that Haslam is in love with Nick Saban. They had dinner together Sunday night. The talk is he would give Saban full control of the Browns. Just think Saban coming back to Cleveland. He was defensive coordinator for before the old browns moved. Then he went to Michigan State as a Head Coach. I think this would be awesome.

    How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mark-o said:

    How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

    I was thinking it was just another wish list post, but now with the word disaster used, it must have some merit.

  • @mark-o said:

    How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

    I was thinking it was just another wish list post, but now with the word disaster used, it must have some merit.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @cuwoohio said:

    I was thinking it was just another wish list post, but now with the word disaster used, it must have some merit.

    The only merit it has is Saban's NFL history. How long did he last in Miami and how well did he do? Not long and not very well. I don't think anyone in the NFL brings him in because he can't be trusted to stick around if it's a struggle. He'll jump right back to college.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Man... that Jimmy has a lot of friends in coaching/broadcasting...

    Too bad none of them were available 2 years ago...

    Oh, wait...

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #18

    What about a Saban/Gruden/Dungy Trifecta?

  • What about a Saban/Gruden/Dungy Trifecta?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @poeticg said:

    What about a Saban/Gruden/Dungy Trifecta?

    All as head coaches?? You really think those three giant egos are going to answer to anyone other than the owner?? Any one of those guys takes an NFL job they are going to want to be the HC, GM, team president and what ever other title they can think up. They will answer to no one other than the owner and probably not really even answer to him either.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @axe said:

    Saban gave Urban Cryer a heart condition and cunt punted him out of the SEC.. I'm guessing he could probably do the state of Ohio the same favor 😉

    He seemed to do pretty well against him last time.

    It seems like all he needed was some Ohio talent, rather than southern puss.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #21

    ....says the Southern boy.

    This would be a great hire. Pete Carroll flamed out in the NFL, went back to college, came back with a tweaked plan, and won a Super Bowl.

  • ....says the Southern boy.

    This would be a great hire. Pete Carroll flamed out in the NFL, went back to college, came back with a tweaked plan, and won a Super Bowl.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @wargograw said:

    ....says the Southern boy.

    This would be a great hire. Pete Carroll flamed out in the NFL, went back to college, came back with a tweaked plan, and won a Super Bowl.

    To an extent I would agree. Saban has shown in the last few years flexibility and adaptation to his offensive schemes.

    Though I haven't versed myself on his defensive philosophy, my understanding is a lot of pattern matching coverage with his fire zone (5man early down pressure, 3 deep, 3 underneath) being a calling card.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is still my guy. He is 60 from Royal Oak MI. If we want to run the ball watch Iowa's OL after losing Scherff. Ferentz was a Asst. Coach at Cleveland & Baltimore was than wanted in Shitsburg. Here's the issue:: He is the highest paid state employee in Iowa & under contract till 2020 at a mere 3.775/yr. plus bonuses. Does he want to challenge himself at football at the highest level with ageing? If I were Haslem's dollars at end of Iowa's season, I hear Iowa serves 1 hell of a steak dinner to talk to Ferentz..

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #24

    That's correct, tia. This offense the last two years has been an absolute beauty, and he's done it with two different pretty mediocre quarterbacks. Defensively, he obviously has a bunch of elite players, but he's had very few, if any, elite pass rushers, and he runs a 3-4. Fits exactly what we have now. He's also a DBs coach, as Pettine hilariously pretends to be. You want to fix the run D? Hire the guy that held Fournette under 35 yards on 20 carries.

  • ....says the Southern boy.

    This would be a great hire. Pete Carroll flamed out in the NFL, went back to college, came back with a tweaked plan, and won a Super Bowl.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @wargograw said:

    ....says the Southern boy.

    This would be a great hire. Pete Carroll flamed out in the NFL, went back to college, came back with a tweaked plan, and won a Super Bowl.

    ?

    You know I'm only here to stir the pot.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Last night,, Vince himself came to me in a dream and told me that this is all wishfull thinking. Stay the course!.....lol

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #27

    We get this speculation literally every time we are looking for a coach. Cowher, Saban, Dungy, Gruden, etc. - seen at a local coffee shop, meeting the owner, meeting the GM, seen with X and Y.

    ....Then we hire Crennel,Shurmur,Chudzinski,Pettine, (maybe next year there'll be another name)