Skip to content

Who would you want to coach us next year? Try to be somewhat realistic

The Browns Board
78 37 2.4k
  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Gruden and Dungy proved they did it before (Gruden even won a SB against a team he raised up to SB level). I don't want to know about people who never proved anything. Or whose heydays were in college.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    How old are their "contacts"?

  • How old are their "contacts"?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    How old are their "contacts"?

    Both have strong ties still in the NFL community through the regular commentary/broadcasting they do. They keep up.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Anyone but fat ass Pettine.

  • W Why wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Gruden 2016

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #17

    A good GM should already have in mind or good relations to the guy he wants on the sidelines than you let the GM get his man. Farmer was not Pets Man. do not wash, rinse & repeat in the FO. They must work together & not out do the other.. If any of Belly Checks active or former staff would like to return to finish the job b4 Art got stupid would be a good start. Did Farmer find his coach on the Stanford/Cal game trip? who knows what Haslem/Farmer is thinking either?

  • Kennel ClubK Kennel Club wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Hue Jackson or Adam Gase.

  • B beare wrote on last edited by
    #19

    id be ok with mcdanial or gase also

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #20

    Another guy I would be interested in is Carolina's defensive coordinator Sean McDermott.

    But who am I kidding, he would probably have zero interest in coming to coach the Browns.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Same on McDermott.. we'd certainly get our 4-3...

    Aside: Of all the successful HCs Rivera is the biggest surprise to me. A so-so LB with a so-so position and DC history survives a close call at CAR and now with a team lacking weapons is rolling.

  • Same on McDermott.. we'd certainly get our 4-3...

    Aside: Of all the successful HCs Rivera is the biggest surprise to me. A so-so LB with a so-so position and DC history survives a close call at CAR and now with a team lacking weapons is rolling.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Same on McDermott.. we'd certainly get our 4-3...

    Aside: Of all the successful HCs Rivera is the biggest surprise to me. A so-so LB with a so-so position and DC history survives a close call at CAR and now with a team lacking weapons is rolling.

    I predicted (before last season) that the panthers would go 6-10 and he would be fired.. Well I was pretty damn close record-wise, but didn't count on the rest of the division sucking so bad. If they hadn't won the division I still think he would be gone..

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Mike Pettine.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Can we get Andy Moeller (sp) back after a year of banishment?

    WSS

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Mark Dantonio

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #26

    How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

  • How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @cuwoohio said:

    How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

  • @cuwoohio said:

    How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #28

    @d-bone said:

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone telling Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

  • @d-bone said:

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone telling Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @westside-steve said:

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone killing Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    Thats a little drastic Steve don't you think?

  • @westside-steve said:

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone killing Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    Thats a little drastic Steve don't you think?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Thats a little drastic Steve don't you think?

    Yikes! Damn that speech to text. I'm starting to sound like you old pal!

    🙂

    WSS

  • @d-bone said:

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone telling Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #31

    @westside-steve said:

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron

    Leaving a successful, secure, D1 Pac12 gig that he is happy at, for a dysfunctional, perennial losing, NFL program with a track record of firing its head coaches every couple of years would make him a fucking moron. He's far too smart for that, as I would be.

    But you on the other hand apparently...............